What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do you use all the bs hype money grabbing ferts (if you do)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I knew you would bite that hook. Forgive me, I do enjoy prodding you.

Like beta, I've grown organic and went back. I prefer coco and conventional nutrients. Use your google-fu to discern the definition of preference.

We've gone over this before. You google keywords and arbitrarily post the results after quickly glancing them over. Rarely is it specifically relevant and 1 out of 10 results stand up to scrutiny.

That you so quickly devolved whatever point you're trying to make into personal attacks speaks volumes, no? Why is it that everyone you disagree with is labeled an idiot, that they "did it wrong" or whatever pettiness you choose to fling?

This topic is a debate of ideas. Settling debates with flower pictures is the playground of ignorance. Glancing over two decades of forum posts, one begins to understand why some feel it has merit. They can not articulate ideas to those that do not already believe, and being too emotional to survive a prolonged debate, throw down the gauntlet.

Very similar to the type of lummox that tries to debate ideas with their fists, yes?

I've crafted my own personality here after people I respect. People like granger, who earn respect for the strength of their ideas, founded on experience, not a gallery of pictures anyone can cherry pick from their own work. People who do not expect respect because they have lived a few decades, or popped their nose into a pamphlet on Eastern philosophy.

this isn't about personality and warm fuzzies it is about plant expression in a given environment

as someone who has been able to get full expression from all methodologies and knows how to use each method to that end, AND having discovered the basis of the scientific differentials

the only thing about is that is subjective is the grower not the technique or the methods

you sepnt years here neglecting that part of horticulture or failing at it and then trolling me even unto now

not for nothing you are so inept you can't sit at the table and talk about the nuances of secondary metabolite production in these different systems because you can't replicate the same success yet you make fun of the concept as part of your "personality"

ok so you and your IC freinds are unproductive assholes who don't give a fuck about growing but about your IC smarmy presence

your juvinile chumps who struggle with hort tech and knock it after

if you think it will serve you well to be an asshole to me at the expense of the site's value you might find it bites you in the ass

at some point it takes money out of the pockets of the site and I will be glad to put the dots together so people can see it

amazing how confidence stupidity is must be the water up north

money talks bullshit walks and if you can't pull it off in organics you aren't even an opinion rooted in personal success

kids on the internet fucking shit up one site at a time

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Growing a plant is not a competition. :tiphat:

No but growing without "money grabbing ferts" is the thread title and I grew with those bottles and transitioned to recycled soil and pay pennies on the dollar to grow

last grow I got about 5lbs from less than 1600 watts using using a few cups of amendments

this has been documented over the course of 10 years, here which very few people have brought to the table

This methodology has shown me the quality differential as well and the undeniable benefit of growing and regrowing the same cultivars in the same soil

I validated this through the science that exists out there on the topic as well as in my life experientially as well as share the process irl locally

I have put in the effort to bring real data to the table on the subject including 10 years of the process

This has nothing to do with competition but integrity of information to facilitate people getting the best results from horticulture FOR FREE

all he is doing is playing the IC fan club with a hand full of idiots who don't know better

the site has become shit over the years because of it

the money part isn't about who the better grower is it is about who is a jerk off trolling the forums and who has real information to share who has successfully been doing this for a 1/4 century with far more commitment than most

i would tip my hat but you didn't do your due diligence before you put in your .02 cent

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're all idiots because we don't grow like you or wash our plants in neem oil. I'm "trolling the forums" because every few monthes I poke you in the nose.

Gotcha.

You're a wind up toy. I pull your cord and you dance the same dance, sing the same song. But it gets boring reading the same posts from you again and again. Soon may come the day I can't even be fuckered to pull the cord.

Obviously that day wasn't yesterday.

Here's a question. Why have you crawled out of the Organic subforum and into this one, dedicated to Satan and his bottled wonder salt? Surely not for the same reason as the original poster?

You mean to tell me you're trolling?

Well slap my ass and call me Darlene (not now, later tonight), that makes you a hypocrite.

Old people always whine things were better in the past. All forums are failing due to social media. Google social media. It's a thing now.

Nam ah ye rengy mengy whizzkabang, brochovski.

Where in Canada Mikell? Ive been looking only find high shipping prices from the States .. :tiphat:

Jon's Plant Factory has a dry A/B formula that is very similar to Jack's/Calnit.

Last edited:

clearheaded

To me reading nutes are nutes if come feom.brazil batshit or cal nit while chemicaly sure gets used same way in the plant. However the difference doesnt come from that. It comes from soil biology that produces unique protiens and enzymes plant defense etc etc. Not 1 single thing but a multitude. Does smell of chem nutrients come through roots. Maybe not but if whole room smells of chems not hard to imagine some rub off on the plants. Similar to how being in a grow makes u smell without touxhing anything. also we must remember chem nutes are 100% pure. There are some unknown things,to me anyway, in a bag of potassium nitrate. Not a meta physical feeling but science of manufacturing chems even pharma in some cases and be sure agri use isnt held to stamdard of human consumption. Small part but a part. all u need to do is grow tomatoes in soiless and tomatoes in organic soil. Same variety etc. I was like many of you oh its in ur head about chem nutes. But its not. Thats not to say we couldnt eventually produce aminos micros etc to get it close to organic. Its only now being looked into. Tomato growers adding aminos to boost brix.. well wtf does that do anything if just need jacks and cal nit?? Its a complex chelation at very least. And maybe thats all it is. Natural chelation works differently then the 2 they use in hydro.