What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plagron Green Sensation

CaliNewby

Hi guys, anybody familiar with Plagron nutrients? Have been seeing some things come by and curious to know if anybody has any experience with it?

Rondon

Plagron is very big in Europe. Like Canna and House and Garden. I heard they had a U.S. distributor now but I do not know where the line can be had. If anyone knows...please chime in.

yts farmer

Veteran
I used it on a small grow at least 10 years ago but only once and was very happy with the results but was £25 for 250 mls or £90 a litre even back then .

The short of it it didn't do anything out of the ordinary to justify the huge price increase.

Peace.

C

cooterbrown420

What would you like to know i am very familiar with the whole line.

CaliNewby

I am wondering if it is worth spending the money on that green sensation. i have not heard to many people about it but see it come by in the Maximum Yield magazines.

C

cooterbrown420

I like it and I use it. For me I like the way it makes my flowers stack and it seems to help resin production. I also like that in bloom all you need to run is your base nutes and green sensation. So even though it is not cheap it replaces multiple bottles so in the end it evens out. If your in socal I would be more than happy to hook you up with a sample.

Not to highjack this, but I have been switching over to their products.
I DTW in coco, and fill up 5 gallon buckets to mix the nutes in.
The back on the bottle says it only has a stability of 24 hours, so I have been pouring out what I am not using.
Does anyone know if the mixed water would stay stable for a few days to make that next watering or not.
And I am going to add green sensation when my vegbloom shine runs out. I do have the royal rush going, which I know is only once a week and not every feeding.

CaliNewby

I took the gamble and bought some, real curious to see how it works! running the coco a&b with the power roots and enzymes. evyerthing seems stable? fingers crossed hehe

catalyte

Veteran
i have definitely heard good things about Green Sensation. wouldn't mind testing it out sometime against Roots Excellurator....

And as far as Coco, if you have any mixed nutrients left over, you need to dump them out, they will not last to another watering with plagron.

catalyte

Veteran
Why, they are two different things completely, maybe against plagron power roots...

i would compare those two products cause they are both high quality kelp based extracts regardless of how you use em (i.e. either as a veg booster or as a bloom booster).:joint:

Rondon

Please tell me how you are going to compare a bloom booster versus a root stimulate?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Depends on the hormones that arw emphasized when processing and manufacturing the kelp extracts. Basically can shoot for a high cytokinin...high auxin...or an even level of both. Auxins initiate downward spikes of root growth and upward spikes of apical dominant lead branches...bending towards the light. Positive phototropism. Cytokinins make for lateral root branching and up top..above the substrate the same. Inhibits apical dominance and makes secondary lateral branches and bushy horizontal growth. I know for a fact that Atami/Bcuzz or Greenfuse Root and Bloom stimulators can be interchanged. They both are quite similar. Its where your at in the plants development (photoperiod as well) that makes a kelp extract make roots...make bushy vegetative growth or juicy flowers.

catalyte

Veteran
Please tell me how you are going to compare a bloom booster versus a root stimulate?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
i would compare them cause i only use kelp based products in veg and right at the beginning of flower. i wouldn't use a bloom booster with kelp in it personally.

R

Rox

i would compare them cause i only use kelp based products in veg and right at the beginning of flower. i wouldn't use a bloom booster with kelp in it personally.

Kelp is seaweed and flowering plants love it from my experience