What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89' Hells Angels OG

TJBudz

Early Veg Hells Angels

Early Veg Hells Angels

I dunno bout you guys but I just wanna see more pics :D
good thread, good discussion too
Lights just came on took a couple pics for ya.

Attachments

• 20161212_154844.jpg
    20161212_154844.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20161212_154856.jpg
    20161212_154856.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20161212_154827.jpg
    20161212_154827.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 27

Big Sur

Was no OG Kush in '89. Sorry. Was no Chem Dog (original spelling for it) until 1991. Well, there was Dog Bud before then, but that was a very tightly held strain in Colorado, said to be originally from NorCal or SoOr. The Chem Dog/Dawg series are all from S1 seeds of Dog Bud. I have traced the origins of OG Kush to Orange Co, CA circa 1993. There is the Florida Triangle version as well, but I do not believe that is where OG Kush was crossed. The strain expresses a lot of phenotypes and varies greatly in different climates and growing conditions. There are so many names for the same genetic strain of OG Kush it is silly. Here are more than a few... you can add and subtract OG and Kush from these names for more variation on the same name. I have grown Tahoe and Ghost... and seen a half dozen more of these with different names.

Triangle Kush
Tripple OG/XXX OG
Ghost
OG Kush
Super OG Kush
SFV/San Fernando Valley OG
SFV OG Kush
Larry OG
Diablo
Raskal's OG
Hell's Angles OG
Fire
Abusive
SAC #1,#2, & #3
Poison OG
Private Reserve OG
Purple OG Kush
Tahoe OG
Lost Coast OG
True OG
Kosher Kush

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Oh yeah, 89 hells angels kush. Everybody knows the story behind that one. The hells angels stole it from one of the monguls during a bar fight in fresno in the summer of 89. A guy named rugged rodge rode off into the mountains, and hasnt been seen since..Not sure if its true, but thats what they said on gangland:D

OP

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some folks don't realize that the bikers were just as heavily involved in breeding as the seed slingers we have today.
I was taught to grow by Outlaw and hells angels members and that schooling included breeding and phenotype hunting.
In 89 there was no such thing as a "Hells Angels OG" , not in Canada anyways. In fact , the term OG was not used until well into the 2000's.
the old hells angels HP might be an OG as it certainly fits the bill by todays standards and could be from those lines of low yielding super greasy OG like plants.

problem is Hells Angels are in many countries so we would have to know the source of the cut to determine if it is what it's advertised as. BUT I would agree, in 89 , "OG" was not a term used in our gardens.
I'm guessing you meant outlaw growers and hells Angels?...I've never met a man who has worked w 2 different outlaw clubs...except maybe cops...
Certainly not one who would want anyone to know...much less put it online..
No offense if I'm wrong...that's just unheard of to me...or anyone I know..

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
in surrey BC in the late 80's /early 90's there were indeed a small group of growers , patch members of the outlaws who were working with certain hells angels in setting up and training growers. It is a fact.
I was but a garden rat in those days, 19 years old, brought into the fold because I was dating one of their daughters. The dad wore the tattoos of an outlaw member as did several of his associates. I was never involved in any club business in those days, tho I did my fair share of runnin to the grow store, haulin bales and all those things growers hate to do LOL I hung with that crowd for several years and learned to grow at the same time. I didn't work for anyone as a grower back then, just helped out girlie's dad and reaped the bonuses.
Later in life, I ran a breeding and mothering set up for 9 years straight, passing my cuts off to friends who happened to be patch members and associates of the HA's. I also benefitted as being one of the first to receive new genetics from them as well. I was never a member of those clubs but managed to come thru those years with the respect of a lot of good people, killer growers, who happened to take the biker path in life.
Sandy , the Outlaw member I speak of, and my growing mentor for over a decade back in the day, passed away in October. He was well into his 80's.
Some folks might not like posting stuff like that online but really, I don't care, I paid all my dues from my youth and so have all those dudes.
It's weed history, embrace it :D

up here in Canada we have this beer company called Sleeman's. Their TV commercials are awesome and always bragging about their deep roots in the underworld of Al Capone and the prohibition era gangsters. They embrace it and it's cool as shit to me hehehe

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I'm pretty sure that Hellz Og is the same cut Karma has used to breed.

I remember talking with karma via PM about that, I'll see if I can find the message and what he said.
These days down in Vancouver BC, the Hells Angels have a storefront where one can buy Hells Angels OG kush beans. I think they are 200 Canadian a pack if I remember correctly LOL
I haven't visited that store, nor have I been jumping off my chair to buy the beans.
I am interested in any and all "biker" related varieties from the late 80's and into the 90's though, there were some real good growers around back then, despite their affilliations.

Big Sur

When I was young and REALLY dumb (and I mean plum stoopid) I ran briefly with a biker gang in the South and East SF Bay Area. That would have been in the late 1970s. The ONLY strain that I knew of there then that any outlaw biker clubs grew was later called Romulan. That strain came out of Korea through troops stationed in Ft Ord toward the end of or just after the Viet Nam war. The story I heard was that that Mendo Joe got ahold of a cut of that strain and took it to Amsterdam.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
What about the Hawaiian "Elephant" strains that were a part of the original breeding in Norcal. I was watching a interview where someone was talking about a relative being a og in the emerald tri, and the original "sensi" started because of the huge hawaiian seeds they called elephant.

Id say between that, and the Afghan\Kush\Hashplant.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
in surrey BC in the late 80's /early 90's there were indeed a small group of growers , patch members of the outlaws who were working with certain hells angels in setting up and training growers. It is a fact.
I was but a garden rat in those days, 19 years old, brought into the fold because I was dating one of their daughters. The dad wore the tattoos of an outlaw member as did several of his associates. I was never involved in any club business in those days, tho I did my fair share of runnin to the grow store, haulin bales and all those things growers hate to do LOL I hung with that crowd for several years and learned to grow at the same time. I didn't work for anyone as a grower back then, just helped out girlie's dad and reaped the bonuses.
Later in life, I ran a breeding and mothering set up for 9 years straight, passing my cuts off to friends who happened to be patch members and associates of the HA's. I also benefitted as being one of the first to receive new genetics from them as well. I was never a member of those clubs but managed to come thru those years with the respect of a lot of good people, killer growers, who happened to take the biker path in life.
Sandy , the Outlaw member I speak of, and my growing mentor for over a decade back in the day, passed away in October. He was well into his 80's.
Some folks might not like posting stuff like that online but really, I don't care, I paid all my dues from my youth and so have all those dudes.
It's weed history, embrace it :D

up here in Canada we have this beer company called Sleeman's. Their TV commercials are awesome and always bragging about their deep roots in the underworld of Al Capone and the prohibition era gangsters. They embrace it and it's cool as shit to me hehehe

funny here there are a couple clubs that are in the news because there is some serious tension between them yet I still know a few fellows that associate with both sides equally

I notice things, part of my nature. I noticed a real long time ago that certain allegiances are deeper than others.

For example I noticed bleed between the real life fraternities of bikers, cops and it because of their military interconnection.

For example, especially in war time generations, people served together in some very life defining moments and later came back and took different paths. Do you really thing the bond of brother hood was forgotten? I think it goes deeper than this but i'll save those thoughts to myself.

Based on my experiences most of these groups have intense filtering systems that all have some common denominators.

Simply being an honest person as far as not having a hidden agenda has seemed to serve me well when my safety was at the grace of others because had they wanted it any other way it could have been. I have and have had more than one friend that has psychopathic tenancies, some pretty serious. Never saw it manifest between us.

I am not trying to hide the ugly side of anyone or anything, I just think they aught not be defined by the stigma of what they do wrong. There is a side that revels in freedom and has. by proxy kept things free for us like pot.

Also, i feel as if many of the generation I am exposed to where veterans who came back changed, and this was their way to adapt. The things specifically the vietnam war did to people where not good and like the homeless vets who die in the street it just seems wrong to let serving go unrecognized.

My hippy ass wouldn't be venting my mind so freely if I had drawn the same lot, I benefit from it though. For some reason this is prominent in my mind.

I also am part of a certain counter culture and so many of my friends have family that are members of those fraternities and they are the people who grow weed because they believe in it and how supportive they can be to those at arms length.

As someone who identifies with a specific counter culture who has come into in a later generation I have resigned myself to approaching it in such a way that it brings good karma tot he table and leaves the rest behind, took a long time to understand that concept. Grateful is as grateful does I guess.

In the end nothing is as it appears at face value but yeah man I don't think high heels and dancing to the macarena is going to save you if shit hits the fan.

TEQUILLA!

LostTribe

Premium user
funny here there are a couple clubs that are in the news because there is some serious tension between them yet I still know a few fellows that associate with both sides equally

I notice things, part of my nature. I noticed a real long time ago that certain allegiances are deeper than others.

For example I noticed bleed between the real life fraternities of bikers, cops and it because of their military interconnection.

For example, especially in war time generations, people served together in some very life defining moments and later came back and took different paths. Do you really thing the bond of brother hood was forgotten? I think it goes deeper than this but i'll save those thoughts to myself.

Based on my experiences most of these groups have intense filtering systems that all have some common denominators.

Simply being an honest person as far as not having a hidden agenda has seemed to serve me well when my safety was at the grace of others because had they wanted it any other way it could have been. I have and have had more than one friend that has psychopathic tenancies, some pretty serious. Never saw it manifest between us.

I am not trying to hide the ugly side of anyone or anything, I just think they aught not be defined by the stigma of what they do wrong. There is a side that revels in freedom and has. by proxy kept things free for us like pot.

Also, i feel as if many of the generation I am exposed to where veterans who came back changed, and this was their way to adapt. The things specifically the vietnam war did to people where not good and like the homeless vets who die in the street it just seems wrong to let serving go unrecognized.

My hippy ass wouldn't be venting my mind so freely if I had drawn the same lot, I benefit from it though. For some reason this is prominent in my mind.

I also am part of a certain counter culture and so many of my friends have family that are members of those fraternities and they are the people who grow weed because they believe in it and how supportive they can be to those at arms length.

As someone who identifies with a specific counter culture who has come into in a later generation I have resigned myself to approaching it in such a way that it brings good karma tot he table and leaves the rest behind, took a long time to understand that concept. Grateful is as grateful does I guess.

In the end nothing is as it appears at face value but yeah man I don't think high heels and dancing to the macarena is going to save you if shit hits the fan.

TEQUILLA!

Tequila Indeed!
tumblr_lfm4bh4vo51qdyqwso1_500.jpg

I ran HAOG for a while a few years back. That's one strain I wish I still had but the guy I got it from is long gone. Absolutely amazing outdoors and indoor alike.

One of my all time favorites. Anybody know any clubs offering clones of this plant in Colorado? I'm starting to think my partner killed her out of jealousy lol :whee: