What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
are these all from the same bag darkie ,
the plants you are talking about , fh (what is fh)

a and c and b ,, are they all struck from the same bag of supposed 1969 seed ??

TheDarkStorm

are these all from the same bag darkie ,
the plants you are talking about , fh (what is fh)

a and c and b ,, are they all struck from the same bag of supposed 1969 seed ??

The bag was seperated Donald..into further years eg 66,67,68,69...an then a separate bag saying 70....problem being with the pre 70 bag wen planting them he should have kept them labled up in seperate years as they come out of the individual bags...but I dont think he did..with the 70's bag only the one came out..omega haze which he did last.
FH is wat he called first haze...the crazy sprawling plant that took up half the room..he got 3 seed baches off an still hadnt finished....

harvestreaper

Veteran
Ther was 7...he had no knowledge of the line...so wat he was looking at the line with was through a breeders eyes....with Fh haze popping up this could be traced in evry plant..hazeA and hazeC wer a later generation an only half related if not a third..with hazeA probably being backcrosed back to Fh an being probably a generation closer to Fh than hazeC...this is why hazeC doubles up beter than hazeA..hazeC is probably a straight outcross to sum lumbo type..the hazeB was faster but still Fh could be detected in it...ect ect...alot of testing was done...even one male bred to itself to produce actual male an female seeds....nevilles haze was put together..nevil estimated that the two males were about 30% compatable...he was trying to get it to throw back into the line...quite some detail was given an he tried evry combination...wat ever Fh was made up of could be detected in evry haze...including clones sam later gave nevil...only they seemed to be even further outcrossed similar to omega haze.....if more seeds had popped he would have been able to see fully the development of the line an exactly what had been done
thanks dark for taking the time ,,so 7 it was ,it is wt it is there no special pases for any of us ,,,there lots of ifs buts an maybe probably s but that no ones fault at this stage ,interesting stuff im a big fan of both sam an neville an i remember when sam brought the haze and skunk to holland and when those genes started getting let out to the masses by a few people not just neville ,posi was another ,nevilles haze 5 was epic and a gamechanger for indoor growers he really made the right move at the right time as far as seed sales but it wernt my fav haze hybrid but had to be the best allrounder for sure and made huge impact ,,it was a small scene in its beginings really wernt hard to see what went down hell i still remember friends still smoking soapbar in the 90s and it being sold in coffeeshops when they could have good weed lol

,thanks again :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
The original seed bank description says haze is a Sativa from America, popular in the 70’s but nearly became extinct.
Seeds sourced from “the last crop grown in the us”
So it sounds like they’re from 70’s

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

the for mentioned probable 10 weeker ,,main cola ,,,will be 10 weeks this coming monday ,,thoughts on its maturity welcome ,,lovely sweet leathery smells super sticky if it smokes as well as it looks an smells its a winner,,, could it be the recently revealed santa cruz
pheno reanimated lol

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
If SamS is connected to GW P.

Just some information for all here....

The first cultivation of medical cannabis was started in 1998 and since then it has been propagated about 1.5
million plants. The plants are grown in strictly protected areas under a computer
controlled conditions....
It is qote about GW pharmceuticals.
So in reality some noobs here who even not growing anything to somone who wached grow 1,5 milion of plants...ahahah funny people on this ICMAG...
Does anybody of you know what does it mean 1,5 milion plants ????
How many phenos and everything you can find there ????
What knowladge you get when you grow and see caracteristics of plants in population of 1,5 milion ???
And comparing 2 vegetative rooms and 1 flower with small greenhouse in Cannabis Castle to this it is really funny.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
OHz cross outdoors in the north

OHz cross outdoors in the north

hello haze lovers,
well here my last outdoor haze cross...
she is waterproof mold and pm resident...
no problem with cold too...
amazing what OHz can do in a cross...
the father a Sour Wonder Skunk x Ultra Early Sativa was very early
but the strain would also not make it in this wet conditions soo long...
OHz fixed it... too my best yielding girl for this task...
planted too late after sexing under 12/12 indoors...
just for fun... because my friend was growin them normal in garden...
and removed the males he found... he harvested all @ 15 october...
all where 50% OHz... and the other parents strains that finish in north sweden by end august mid september ...
so very happy with the results...

looks full haze.... but finishes now ;-)
picture.php

picture.php

M.:smoker:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
The bag was seperated Donald..into further years eg 66,67,68,69...an then a separate bag saying 70....problem being with the pre 70 bag wen planting them he should have kept them labled up in seperate years as they come out of the individual bags...but I dont think he did..with the 70's bag only the one came out..omega haze which he did last.
FH is wat he called first haze...the crazy sprawling plant that took up half the room..he got 3 seed baches off an still hadnt finished....
i wish sam could chime in to say he remembers those seperate bagged bunches of seeds ,
because from what i read of his other posts he said he never supplied old seeds and they were all made by him , reproductions of seed from haze brothers grows ...

what are your thoughts darkie??

T

TakenByTheSky

Uh, I don't think Sam says the 4-way hybrid bit. I think that is Seed Finder hokum/lore. Sam is adamant (if I can take the liberty), that it is a Columbian 3-way hybrid (but those Columbians are pure. There's a difference....)

I get all that. But for like 35 years in the mecca of haze the genetics have been assumed to be one thing, which turns out it was entirely incorrect, this is the part I don't understand.

Eu seed finder is generally pretty accurate when it comes to strain lineage, especially old Dutch strains.

T

TakenByTheSky

View Image
the for mentioned probable 10 weeker ,,main cola ,,,will be 10 weeks this coming monday ,,thoughts on its maturity welcome ,,lovely sweet leathery smells super sticky if it smokes as well as it looks an smells its a winner,,, could it be the recently revealed santa cruz
pheno reanimated lol

That's todd's haze? Looks good man, loving the bud structure.

Ppl will put down a 10 week haze, saying it can't possibly be any good but really a 10 week haze with a powerful high would be the holy grail as the thing that keeps most haze from being offered commercially is the extremely long flowering time.

That being said one of the best plants I've ever had, in terms of bag appeal, smell, flavor and effect was a ssh that finished in 11 weeks.

harvestreaper

Veteran
That's todd's haze? Looks good man, loving the bud structure.

Ppl will put down a 10 week haze, saying it can't possibly be any good but really a 10 week haze with a powerful high would be the holy grail as the thing that keeps most haze from being offered commercially is the extremely long flowering time.

That being said one of the best plants I've ever had, in terms of bag appeal, smell, flavor and effect was a ssh that finished in 11 weeks.

yes todds ,,,i agree one of my grails was a 10 week haze x ,,the whole point of growing them is to find out what there like so no need to worry about what people say i think if sam said it looked like a cross id worry tho lol thanks for the positivity :tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The best ones are more simple terp profile instead of complex... More haze, less mutt..
Thats why blue dream and most other quality haze crosses are still shit. Too much "other" stuff, not enoug haze... Even though the plant is huge and clearly hazey... Just too hybridized.. The good haze phenos arent fat... and people take the fattest haze phenos and breed with fattest indicas and judge with their eyes instead of using the smoke for selection. Id take a lanky 16 weeker with no yield and killer frost/terps, and breed it with whatever doesnt interfere with its terp profile... I still gotta pop them, but thats what i aimed for in my last pollen chuck.

Nexus7

Not quite true I had a pure OHaze I grew in Santa Cruz that was 10 weeks, Brian's Early Haze, it was my seeds and I gave Brian the plant he grew, I was there to see it grown, flowered and harvested and I smoked some, it was great.
-SamS

So B. Early Haze was a single plant or a line? Which outcross did you prefer? The Afghan or the South Indian?

Also why were many lines from that "mock" sacred seed catalog discontinued when you started the Cultivators Choice brand in Holland?

Can you tell us more about Highbreed and Select seed companies? When they were started and what varieties each seed co offered?

Thanks,

N7

Latest posts

Latest posts