What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Herb that smell like herbs

popta

About 20 years ago I used to get this local bud whose smoke smelled strongly like you were burning basil or sage. I didn't like the high much (disorienting, heavy body styone) but I LOVED the smell.

Anyone have experiences with strains that have herbal smells?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to find plants that are high in beta-caryophyllene. The GROM x Digi bX1 line produced plants that posses this profile. Genetic Freaked found a male, made some seeds and shared them around. Those who have grown them have commented frequently, that the plants smell like culinary herbs, as opposed to standard cannabis.

dank.Frank

Spaventa

Veteran
I just bought Mandala Chill-OM because it says Rosemary and Sage in the description, along with Frankincense.
They have a date on the pack over a year old but I hopeful they should be fine. They were inexpensive anyway so not a big gamble.

NEED 4 SEED

Hey, yesterday I was in the garden and cut back some red and black currant bushes. After that I smelled at my fingers and they smelled like piss or cat piss. Pretty strongly. Just an observation ;)

Talking about sage, some of my Cookies 'remotely' have a very tiny bit of what you could take for a faint sage sniff in them. Probably from the alleged Durban ancestor's anise complex. A real full sage smell didn't cross my way yet.

JimMuscles

Ace kali china smells like a salad green with incense. It literally makes me hungy. Im just talking about the leaves though. Its just budding now.

Spaventa

Veteran
Good to hear. I’m growing Ace C5 x Kali China. Only just flipped the lights so nothing to get excited about yet.