What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photos of "Scale"

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I was sent a text today regarding "Scale" having been found on some cannabis plants. Here are a few photos of some scale bugs.

A little closer look...

An egg laying adult...

Aaaaand a little closer

Hope that helps. :tiphat:

Granger2

Veteran
Douglass,
Nice photography. The best shots of scale I've seen. These are actually armored scale, BTW. Good luck on being unable to take more photos. -granger

Douglas.Curtis

LOL

Thank you. :) "Armored" scale, eh? Appreciate it, since this is my first experience. The grower stated they're not interested in farming more adults for additional photos. lol They washed everything before I left, so we'll see. :D

buzzmobile

Veteran
There are two types of scale insects: armored and soft scales.
Mealy bugs and cottony cushion scales are common soft scales.

Both armored scale and soft scale insects can be controlled with horticultural oil.

Douglas.Curtis

I avoid all horticultural oils, personally. They have a 30 day downtime before you can spray sulfur.