What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maximizing seed production?

marmarb

Looking to start a seed run shortly will have a dedicated 4x8 flower tent dual 1k lamps when is best to introduce pollen donor into breeding chamber.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best thing to do is read as this is a basic question covered in any discussion of the topic.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just toss your male in & let him do his thing for a week or more.

in a space that size yo should see thousands of seeds.

PDX Dopesmoker

Exactly how to max out would probably depend on intimate knowledge of the mother's breeding traits gleaned from repeated experiments. How many times has this bitch been fucked before? Given the wattage you'll probably get more seed than you end up wanting to deal with. Just deseeding an ounce is a damn chore, fuck doing kilos.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Put the male in the tent, add a little fan, sit back and wait.

Given the wattage you'll probably get more seed than you end up wanting to deal with. Just deseeding an ounce is a damn chore, fuck doing kilos.

Look at the screen on the right. It's 1/4 inch welded mesh stapled to a 2x2 frame.
Just put it over your bin and rub your dried branches through it. I had 5lbs of ground bud in an hour.
picture.php

Made this temporary one out of corrugated plastic for the bulk cleaning.
I'll build a permanent one out of plywood this year.
picture.php

I cut the bottom out of a plastic jug and attach the vacuum to the natural opening. Works great.
I used it for the final cleanup, but you could do kilos with this alone.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reseeding will definitely be a winter project. I'm mid way thru construction on a deseeder.

Do you have a link to the deseeder?

I've seen a pretty cool one but can't recall the webpage I saw it at.
That one TychoMonolyth has, above, is exactly what I saw. :biggrin:

First and foremost, your priority should be quality over quantity. This is the American way though, bigger is better- even though it is not always true..

I myself refuse to let excessive pollen fly and I surely don't produce weak seeds of any type including over-pollinating which can really put a stress upon things...

marmarb

@peacepipe the sole purpose of a semi major seed run is due to the work already being done in smaller tents it's been 5 yrs working on small batches she's more than ready

Mj my deseeder is the same as ty's I'll send you a link

@peacepipe the sole purpose of a semi major seed run is due to the work already being done in smaller tents it's been 5 yrs working on small batches she's more than ready

Mj my deseeder is the same as ty's I'll send you a link

Right on.. I always hand pollenate my girls and I have no qualms about seeding an entire plant. This is done visually as I control the pollen flow above each main and branches. Some people just use a fan or a branch to distribute pollen and it is where I cross the line knowing that half of the seed tends to be weakened by too much pollination. Best to you in this journey..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right on.. I always hand pollenate my girls and I have no qualms about seeding an entire plant. This is done visually as I control the pollen flow above each main and branches. Some people just use a fan or a branch to distribute pollen and it is where I cross the line knowing that half of the seed tends to be weakened by too much pollination. Best to you in this journey..

Properly cared for seeded plants do not suffer to extent you claim.

If you're growing for seed you are NOT growing for smoke. 1 has to be prioritized above the other and especially if the intent is to MAXIMIZE seed production then smoke is on the back burner and plants are kept healthy and green throughout the maturing process.

I've never had a problem with over pollination and I've done entire rooms such as is suggested by the OP, with the male(s) having their spooge blown about by fans ensuring adequate coverage. If I had to guess on the amount of immature/undeveloped seed, I'd say 10% or less.:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The top of the pistil is called the stigma. Once a pollen grain attaches itself to the stigma, the deed is done. Pour all the pollen you want on it, you won't affect the quality of the seed. The important thing is to let the seed mature.

I've stroked colas like a big dick using a plastic bag with pollen in it (reverse condom? lol).

This is the result from one plant.

picture.php