What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Honduran; Honduran x GT, and GT

SolarLogos

Malawi x GT4

Malawi x GT4

Ok, it's in early week 12 since I flipped these into flower. This first Malawi x GT matured much earlier than her two sisters. She is flowering indoors at 11/13 light/dark.
I generally harvest when all of the trichomes are milky and a few ambers, but am looking for a more uplifting cerebral high, less narcotic. Does anyone have any recommendation of how far they think she should go?
Here is one of her sisters, out in the greenhouse. She is about the same stage of flowering as her sister in the flower room.

SolarLogos

Malawi x Honduran

Malawi x Honduran

Here is my Malawi x Honduran. She is still in the hair ball stage as I call it. Week 12 of flower and looks like Terpene's sativa's look in their 4th week. In all fairness, they did not throw any pistils for 3 or 4 weeks after the flip. Honduran really dominates in crosses, long leaf fingers, longer stretch and internode length, etc. Her smell is pure Honduran as of now, just that hairspray smell that her mom had. She is in the front and center in the first pic. I will likely transplant her tomorrow. She has always preferred a light green color, but she is root bound and lower leaves are yellowing.

SolarLogos

Honduran x GT4

Honduran x GT4

Here is a Honduran x GT4 (Thai pheno). Structure is the same as Malawi x Honduran, but with longer more narrow leaves. Most of the Honduran x GT4 males stretched a lot, but I found one of her brothers that was quite compact, excellent branching and big tight clusters of balls that I crossed with her and she has seed in the lower branches. She is the one on the right. The one in the back on the left is another Malawi x Honduran.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Malawi x GT4 Indoors

Malawi x GT4 Indoors

Here is my other M x GT4 from my flower room. Her buds are about a week behind her sister development wise, but she seems to be packing on a lot more size flower.

SolarLogos

Malawi x Honduran indoors

Malawi x Honduran indoors

Here is my other M x H from the flower room. All the above crosses are in early 12 weeks since flipping them.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

My indoor Malawi x Honduran looks as if it may be going back into veg. In the past 2 days, since I fed her, she is putting on new large smooth single blade leaves on the top of the plant (compare the picture above taken 2 days ago). I generally only see this in plants going back into veg. I checked to be sure there are no light leaks, none. I flushed the medium and transplanted into a larger pot; I know she is root bound. I mixed in some bat guano 0-5-0.
The problems with the Mexican monkey shit and this started when I last fed them, 2 days ago. I had opened a new bottle of nutrients. It makes me wonder if somehow the company put grow formula in by mistake or accidentally added N to their bloom formula. I've stopped using that formula until I know for sure. All precautionary measures, this actually may be normal, I don't know. it appears as the cola has elongate and no longer compact. The lower bud's have not been affected. Plants scoped for insects and any hermie traits and all clean. Any thoughts anyone?

The bottom buds don't seem to have been affected.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I should have added that the light schedule has been 11/13. I just dropped it to 10.5/13.5 in response to the top cola elongating. She is getting plenty of light, about 7" from the 1500 watt LED panel.

Any thoughts?
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Is it possible your light controller is on the blink?
I don't think so, I've spent a lot of time in the room and all seems normal.

I did harvest the tops of an indoor Malawi x GT4. The lower buds are still a bit young. Hollow stems.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Smoke report/Harvest MxGT4

Smoke report/Harvest MxGT4

I've taken a couple of cuttings from one of my MxGT4 in the last week and I'm pulling it today. The other MxGT as well. The second can go a little longer, but the days are getting too long I fear and I'm finding I prefer them pulled early. The high is much more psychedelic and euphoric and doesn't put me in as much a stupor as it did when I let her parents grow out longer.

Here is the one I have been cutting from. A smoke report will be next.

Here is the one coming down today.

Here is what I smoked that I picked last week. I've waked and baked twice and the report is the same for both occasions.

The smell is dominant lemon, but almost masked by the motor oil/gear oil smell from the Malawi. The first hit expands immediately and quickly from the Malawi. The 1st or second hit has a slight lemon taste, but mostly wood, which thereafter transitions into a nice smooth woody taste. It is surprisingly smooth for having only 3 days in the jar. Only need 3 or 4 hits.
The high is quite psychedelic. Initially, it is only a relaxing and very euphoric high, in fact, one of the most euphoric feelings I have ever had from grass. Very pleasant feeling. After about 15-20 minutes, it starts creeping noticeably. Everything takes on a panoramic view as you look around the room, similar to putting on new prescription glasses for the 1st time but much more pronounced. Slightly looking through a fish eye lens and objects aren't free flowing as you look around, they periodically stop or have hesitations, a sort of lag time, then they catch up. It's not as if I'm letting it happen, I try to change it back to normal, but its best just to go with it. Its fun, but sometimes you have to do things like driving. Colors are much more intense. Out of my peripheral vision I can see colored objects when there is nothing there. There were a couple times I looked over for a pedestrian while driving to find there was no one there, but I could have sworn I saw something pink, like a pink dress. This does settle down though and doesn't seem to last more than an half an hour to an hour, then it settles into a calm high. The only thing that I don't like about it is it's all extroverted. Not only is there not any thoughts flowing into my consciousness, but it's just hard to think. When I want to think of something, my mind goes blank.

There is no anxiety or paranoia, but I haven't experienced that for a while so maybe it's me, but it does have some body energy, not exactly nervous energy, but similar. Not at all unpleasant though.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos :)

Really happy to see you have produced some interesting new hybrids with the plants from your last outdoor season. By introducing Malawi and Golden Tiger genetics you will easily increase Honduras' potency, resin production and the duration of the effect, just i can not imagine yet how the terpenes and effects of these new hybrids will blend together, hopefully they produce a nice combination of your taste.

The Malawi x Golden Tiger (Malawi/Thai) is very Malawi dominant, as expected. The shorter flowering and compact Malawi pheno reminds me the structure and flowering time of the Malawi fruity phenos, although seems the classic oily and woody Malawi terpenes prevail in this case. The Golden Tiger x Honduras looks indeed like a Thai pheno, we will see what kind of flowering structures and terpenes she produces during the rest of the flowering.

As you corrently pointed out, seems the Honduras dominates in the Malawi x Honduras F1 hybrid. Did you increase the photoperiod in flowering ? An increase of photoperiod and a nitrogen overfeeding (or both) could be the cause that the plant started to reveg in flowering, it's a sign of the strong tropical genes in this individual.

I love the view of your greenhouse and i can imagine you there every morning starting the day with an Honduras joint, enjoying with the company of the plants, the silence of the morning and the first singing of the birds :huggg:

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos :)

Really happy to see you have produced some interesting new hybrids with the plants from your last outdoor season. By introducing Malawi and Golden Tiger genetics you will easily increase Honduras' potency, resin production and the duration of the effect, just i can not imagine yet how the terpenes and effects of these new hybrids will blend together, hopefully they produce a nice combination of your taste.

The Malawi x Golden Tiger (Malawi/Thai) is very Malawi dominant, as expected. The shorter flowering and compact Malawi pheno reminds me the structure and flowering time of the Malawi fruity phenos, although seems the classic oily and woody Malawi terpenes prevail in this case. The Golden Tiger x Honduras looks indeed like a Thai pheno, we will see what kind of flowering structures and terpenes she produces during the rest of the flowering.

As you corrently pointed out, seems the Honduras dominates in the Malawi x Honduras F1 hybrid. Did you increase the photoperiod in flowering ? An increase of photoperiod and a nitrogen overfeeding (or both) could be the cause that the plant started to reveg in flowering, it's a sign of the strong tropical genes in this individual.

I love the view of your greenhouse and i can imagine you there every morning starting the day with an Honduras joint, enjoying with the company of the plants, the silence of the morning and the first singing of the birds :huggg:
Thank you for your knowledge and kind words Dubi, it's always so nice to hear. The primary reason I crossed MxGT4 was I didn't have a male GT. Out of MxGT4 males, I found a nice compact structured male with long narrow leaves and decent flower structure that I used to pollinate his sister, but also back-crossed him into the mom, the original GT4. I also pollinated a clone of my GT2 with him.
As of today, the MxH smells like sweet grass, which is what my Hondurans smelled like early on. She has a ways to go still so a lot more terpenes will evolve I think. The HxGT4 has that rotten or fermented organic smell, but also has a ways to go.
So you also know what it's like to start the morning with a joint and coffee in the greenhouse. These plants are like our children and there is so much love that fills the greenhouse, giving and receiving love from our plants. :huggg:Beautiful way to start the day.
Thank you again for your kind words Dubi.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Malawi x Honduran

Malawi x Honduran

As of today, we are at 13 hours 12 minutes of light per day. Some of the plants are going back into veg, however, two seem to be holding up well and fortunately, one I'm primarily interested in is the Malawi x Honduran. Her lower shade leaves remind me of Malawi, but bud structure is all Honduran, at least I think so. The smell is also Honduran, no sigh of any Malawi. Resin production is pretty decent, more than her Honduran mom. She hasn't shown signs of revegging yet and she gets zero nitrogen and high PK. I'm hoping she can finish enough in a week or so. She is the next 3 pics:

The other MxH is going back into veg, so she will become extracts more likely.

I've used my 5 pics per post, so on to the next post, HxGT4.

SolarLogos

Honduran x GT4, Malawi x GT4

Honduran x GT4, Malawi x GT4

The other plant that is holding up well is the Honduran x GT4:

The Malawi x GT4 is going into veg and will probably become extract as well.

That's about all for now.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Question for you Dubi, if you get a chance to read this. Has Ace ever crossed or thought about crossing Malawi x Honduran, particularly the purple Colombian pheno?
Thanks Dubi.
Peace, God bless

orfeas

Veteran
The other plant that is holding up well is the Honduran x GT4:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79248&pictureid=1937964&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79248&pictureid=1937963&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
The Malawi x GT4 is going into veg and will probably become extract as well.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79249&pictureid=1937988&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
That's about all for now.
Peace, God bless

Hey Logos, my garden looks exactly like yours, but alas without the canna plant... :biggrin: don't those white little blossoms smell mesmerising?

:tiphat:orf

SolarLogos

Hey Logos, my garden looks exactly like yours, but alas without the canna plant... don't those white little blossoms smell mesmerising?

orf
I won't have any flowers for long. I will miss having plants in flower. Oh well, there is always the flower room, but it's not the same as walking outside or going into the greenhouse for that morning Honduran joint.

The one Malawi x Honduran has always been my favorite and still has compact flowers, considering daylight hours are almost 14 hours a day. I have her cut off of all nutes hoping she won't veg much. I need another week for her. She smells all Honduran, looks Honduran, but now that the calyxes are swelling, I can now see Malawi in her bud structure getting more compact and fatter, but still I think looks 80% Honduran. She doesn't have those goofball buds on each side of the stem, so that's good. Resin production is much better than her mother. She is the one on the right:

The next is another MxH, but she has been trying to go back into veg for a while, so I will likely make extracts with her.

More on next update

SolarLogos

This last one is the Honduran x GT4. She is in veg also, but I will take what flower I can for curing and make extracts with the rest, either hash or vape cartridges.

It's been an interesting experiment. I will give a smoke report on these after 3 months have passed. Thanks for everyone who clicked on here, either because you wanted to, out of curiosity or by accident.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Smoke report Malawi x Honduran

Smoke report Malawi x Honduran

Strain: Malawi x Honduran (green Mexican pheno)

Smell: Exactly like Honduran (reminds me of aerosol hairspray) and slightly herbal. I did a side by side smell comparison to her Honduran mother and the only difference is MxH has more a fermented smell in the background, not very pronounced, but present. It reminds me of a Tangwena Cob.

Smoke/taste: Very light woody taste, not as woody as her mother. A light, pleasant taste, but leaves an unusual bitter aftertaste in the middle of my tongue, reminds me of bitter grapefruit.

High/Effects: Very euphoric, like waves of joy washing over my entire being. This is an incredible experience; unlike most euphoria I have experienced. The happiness is almost to the level of excitement. I’ve had a joyful smile all morning and I cannot possibly hide the joy and happiness I have ready to burst out of me. This is a nice “wake and be me” morning. Unlike her mother, she is not quite as motivational, but still an “up” high. It is not what I would call speedy, but she makes me want to slow down and smell the roses so to speak. No couchlock or body stone, just very mellow without inhibiting my desire to be active.
Not a lot of thoughts running through my mind like her Honduran mother, although there is much more clarity of thought. There just isn’t that much of a creativity or ideas flowing into my mind. I can even be intensely high, but still have normal thinking, but more clarity and consciousness.

Honduran makes me forgetful, but this doesn’t happen except in higher dosages, which was about 3.5 hours after the first joint, but the second joint got me a lot higher than the first.
There are though, very noticeable distorted spatial differences in time, which makes moving objects appear to move in a sequential pattern, rather than being completely fluid, which is the only Malawi influence I’ve noticed. This does subside after a while and it settles into a more Honduran high, a little more energy and motivation as you feel the initial blast wearing off. I thought the comedown was beginning after 3.5 hours, so I had a second joint. As I mentioned, the second joint got me a lot higher than the first, so I don’t think there will be a ceiling. The duration of the second joint was just over 5 hours, which I though was nice surprise.

Side Effects: None that I have found. No increase in heart-rate, zero agitation or paranoia, even at higher dosages. Red and glassy eyes and dry mouth are the only negative side effects I've noticed.

Conclusion: Aside from being more mellow and more potent, I feel it’s a clear-headed and clean high. It is strong and very noticeable, but not trippy, intense or anything that you feel you must try to control.
In some ways, it’s an improvement upon my Honduran female, but in other ways it’s not; it is a worthy give and take for a fairly balanced smoke. I call it my Happy Smoke. I can get as high as I want, stay clear headed and always feel in control. Nice adjustment from logical mind into reasonable consciousness, so not a lot of thoughts flooding my mind, but rather a very clean, clear expanded consciousness with good conscious thoughts without mental interference or mental couch-lock.

Dubi, you were right earlier about my Malawi males. I had two, M-2 and M-3 and paired them with the two Honduran Females. When I take pics, I've made the mistake of trying to commit to memory all of the details of each plant, but may have gotten a couple descriptions mixed up earlier when posting. This Honduran does not have any oily smell and she was pollinated with M-2, the wide leaf pheno. My other MxH was pollinated by M-3 and does have the oily smell and the more Malawi flowers and structure and started re-vegging at the end of flower along with the MxGT. Your knowledge of these plants never cease to astonish me.:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts