What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ozone treated water

The Evil One

So the tap water in my town is treated with ozone and fluoride. I'm assuming the ozone is probably very bad for my tender little microbes. I was wondering if the ozone can be "bubbled off" like chlorine can, or if it even needs to be. Anybody have any knowledge about this?

My guess is that the fluoride has little to no effect, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

So the tap water in my town is treated with ozone and fluoride. I'm assuming the ozone is probably very bad for my tender little microbes. I was wondering if the ozone can be "bubbled off" like chlorine can, or if it even needs to be. Anybody have any knowledge about this?

My guess is that the fluoride has little to no effect, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ozone treated water is immediate and has zero prolonged effects. Fluoride at the ppm used in municipalities will not bother anything. You are fine.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I was just reading that it's like using hydrogen peroxide.
The case presented seemed reasonable, but I'm no chemist.

Anybody see the picture?