What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hydrogen peroxide for powdery mildew

I

irie-i

anyone ever use hydrogen peroxide to combat powdery mildew? which kind? 3% or 35%? at what rate to dilute? is it safe in week 5?

G

ive never heard of that dude and i doubt it would work

get a sulfur burner and that will get the job done

dont bullshit yourself

I

irie-i

google powdery mildew and youll find that Hydrogen peroxide is used for powdery mildew in grape crops especially. there is a product called oxidate, its used for molds on all kinds of food plants, the sales rep told me its basically H2O2.

G

try this product called fungastop works very very well. I had a severe infestation that I inherited from a friend (long story).
Just google fungastop, it is made of fish oil, and mint oil, and what not. can be used up to the day of harvest, works really great.

Last edited:
There are a few products that work really well ... look for (organic products) anything that can be used late into flowering, becasue if its super toxic and you can't spray it in flower, well you don't want to use it :p you smoke that shit ya know?! Ya you can you peroxcide, use 3percent !!! and dillute it a shit load (make sure water is not to high a PH) and give them a Light spray (it will kill the mold) Not get rid of it, the next day spray them with a nice dose of water, to wash off the dead mold... I wish you had photos...

I can tell you from personal exp if its a bad break out of mildew perox won't really help, and I don't like sulfer burners, I never really thought they work.. I spray my plants with a product that not only kills 50 types of bugs, it kills mildew/mold/ and other bad crap and it seals the leaves to protect them... its in the flower room right now and the lights are off I Forget the name... but its 100percent organics and I can spray it up to 1 week from flower (only reason don't spray it longer is it smells like cat piss) not the good cat piss either :) alright peace!

Mildew sucks Get rid of it A.S.A.P it spreads very quick, and can kill a grow

schrooomy420

so how about you find out the name of that product you are speaking so highly of. Peroxide will greatly reduce the amount of PM. I know because unfortunatly my drop got hit with PM for the first time ever in the last half of flowering and the peroxide dunk in the garbage can really saved my ass. I tryed jojoba oil in the form of a product called E-rase first, but don't like the oil coating it left on the plants. However it did work and would be a good bet if in veg. I managed to keep the PM out of my mother and veg rooms by useing a sulfer burner. Peace

I

irie-i

a few days ago i sprayed 3 plants with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide. the pm was definitly reduced, although not eliminated. last night i picked a whole bunch of leaves off the plants and today i will pummult the entire room with H2O2. maybe i should dunk?

Kush King

wow that nuts dunking in Hydrogen LOL I use it but just a few drops in my food Keeps it clean disinfects kills anything in water!

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
irie-i, i have been spraying 3% H2O2 due to some kind of bug problem, caught it early.
although i mix the 3% oxygenated water in the following ratio: 3 parts water, 1 part 3% H2O2 . i spray each plant very well, reaching under the leaves, the stalks, the main stalk, etc... the plants give off a nice smell during this process btw.
been doing it three days in a row, the first day i did one sprayed, the second and third did two sprays. looking good so far. most bugs already gone. and the plants are far into flowering already.
i am a believer :D
i think today i will do a last spraying and then in a couple of days see what is up. maybe spray them with plain water to wash off any excess h2o2.

peace and good luck.

I

irie-i

i sprayed 1.5% yesterday. there seems to be less PM but it definitly didnt go away. maybe i should dunk each plant in a busket of h2o2

G

I get PM in the summertime indoors, during the darktime i use 1tsp of baking soda & foliar feed w/ a sprayer.
let that dry (leaves will be white powdery from baking soda) then spray pure water all over to wash it off, it usually works for me.. diff strokes for diff folks

i havent seen any PM since i got a lil dehumidifier in my room..

never heard of using peroxide..

G

sulfer burner.....................................................................................

LEGI0N

420KushMaster said:
ive never heard of that dude and i doubt it would work

get a sulfur burner and that will get the job done

dont bullshit yourself

You really don't want to be using that in week 5.... I wouldn't..

Serenade is what I think someone else was talking about.. SMELLS HORRIBLE but works great... the sooner you get on that the better. Anyone that orders from National Garden Wholesale can get it.

I

irie-i

sulfer burner is a veg preventive for sure. but have you ever smoked sulfury herb? cant even bubblehash it.

mildew eating ladybug? sounds like a miracle

mark6699331

h202

h202

My friends use 35% hydrogen peroxide diluted to 5 to 10 mills/gallon in a foliar application. It will kill the mold but not the spores.

sproutco

Veteran
You can use 1 tablespoon (15ml) baking soda per gallon of water (3.8L) and spray both sides of the leaves. Changes the ph of the leaf surface and the mildew won't grow.

greenops

I know some growers use this hydrogen peroxide regularly to prevent PM, they swear by it but some dude in another forum said that it's not good for prevention, because it kills beneficial bacteria as well!? Just wanted to double check this info... as i planned to use hydrogen peroxide to avoid getting another PM infestation. My last grow had it, cleaned everything with bleach then started from scratch again.

furrywall11

Anyone care to comment?

I have a list dusting of PM only on the leaves not the buds..I'm about to harvest and I'm thinking of doing 10ml of the 35% per gallon...don't care about beneficial organisms because, well, I'm about to harvest.

Comments?