What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suby's Kitchen

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Alright after a shitty hiatus I am back.
I finally have the energy to be back in the kitchen and doing simple tasks like grocery shopping.
I though I would share some new stuff and seeing as I can no longer toke I need to divert my attention to cooking.
Beside I have 30lbs to catchup :hotbounce

Chicken Breast marinade

1/3 olive oil
1 ½ tbsp. soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. basil leaves
Dash of pepper

I know BBQ season is over but these work nicely in the oven as well.
If your like me I BBQ in a snowstorm although sometime it backfires and the BBQ doesn't get hot enough.
You need high heat to get a good seer on the meat, browned food owns
I have used this marinade for chicken, skrimp, lamb, it universal IMO.
Overnight is best but 1-2 hours will do.

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
"Faux" Fried Chicken

• 1 cup corn flake crumbs
• 1 ounce (30 g) good–quality Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon marjoram
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 4 large chicken thighs (bone-in; remove skin)
• 4 large chicken drumsticks (remove skin)
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• Safflower oil or cooking spray to coat baking pan

Directions

In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix corn flake crumbs with Parmesan, paprika, marjoram, thyme, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Pour buttermilk into a second shallow bowl or pie plate and flour into a third shallow bowl or pie plate.
Generously spray a rimmed baking sheet with safflower oil or cooking spray (see tip below). Rinse chicken and pat dry using paper towels. Working one at a time, dip chicken pieces in buttermilk and moisten on all sides. Shake off excess buttermilk. Place chicken in bowl with flour mixture and turn to coat. Dip in buttermilk again, then coat with seasoned corn flake mixture. This process can get a little messy, but hang in there! Double dipping is what makes the chicken extra yummy. Place chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet. Leave some space between chicken pieces (they should not be touching). Using a small spoon, drizzle melted butter evenly over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
BROCCOLI SOUP

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onions, chopped
2 branches of celery chopped
1 pack of Bella mushrooms (or portabellas approx. 2 cups)
1 whole broccoli chopped (roughly 8 cups)
2 cups chicken broth
3 cups water (or 5 cups of stock and no water)
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp herbes de provence
1 TBS Worshestechire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 parmesan rind (optional)

Preparation:

1) Over medium heat, in a large stock pot, heat butter and sauté onions for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add celery and mushrooms, sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add all spices and season lightly.

2) Add broccoli, chicken broth, and water, bring to simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Using a hand held blender or regular blender purée the soup until smooth and free of chunks.

3) Over low heat add cheddar cheese and sour cream and stir until blended. If soup is too thin then raise heat to medium and mix 1TBS of cornstarch with 1TBS of cold water and add to the soup to thicken.

4) Remove from heat and add parmesan rind if using. Season with salt and pepper once soup has cooled a bit.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
MINESTRONE

Ingredients :

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 cups chopped celery
5 carrots, sliced
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
4 cups tomato sauce
½ fluid ounce red wine (optional)
1 cup canned kidney beans drained
1 (15 ounces) can green beans
3 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup seashell pasta (small)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping

Preparation :

1) Over medium-low heat, in a large stock pot, heat olive oil and sauté garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery and carrots, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.

2) Add chicken broth, water and tomato sauce, bring to boil, stirring frequently. If desired add red wine at this point. Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, green beans, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the longer the better.

3) Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add seashell and cook until tender. Drain water and set aside.

4) Once pasta is cooked and soup is heated through place 2 tablespoons cooked pasta into individual serving bowls. Ladle soup on top of pasta and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

rafe

modern gun season starts on Saturday. I have been hunting with a bow and I might as well be throwing rocks at them. I usually by used cheap bows because of my income but at least it is challenging! I also use a muzzleloader too. Those are fun. It takes a while for the smoke to clear to see if you have hit or missed the animal. The weather is incredibly warm for this time of year. It has been above 70F all week long. I really hope it gets colder this weekend because butchering a deer is hard work and I have no desire to do that in 70 F. I did that to a moose once in Alaska and it really kicked my ass. Wish I could send you a tenderloin. You would love it. Take care, Ralph

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
All my friends hunt and we have wild meat avaiable locally like bison, rabbit, and boar.
Buffalo burgers rule :)
Venison tenderloin is a treat but I have only had it once in a restaurant.

rafe

Alaska has two herds of buffalo that were brought up from montana I think and the thrived very well up there. I never wanted to hunt one. They just look way too cool to me. My uncle owns a bar in Delta Jct. in AK and they have buffalo heads mounted on each end of the bar. I'm sure subrob has seen them because he lived in the same town I did. That is a real odd to find someone who lives where you did. He was a few years younger than I am. Delta is 100 miles south of Fairbanks on the way to Valdez. How are you subrob???

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
The wild meat I mentioned is RAISED like cattle not hunted, that wasn't very cllear lol.

rafe

barbeque in the winter

barbeque in the winter

My brother in law was a helicopter and they got a wrong weather report they got a fairly small pig to throw in the grill but the weather hit -40 and colder. We kept adding more and colder

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
My friend and I where up north and there was a freak snowstorm in April.
We had 2feet overnight, the snow was blowing sideway, it hit while we where BBQing lol.
Useless,, it was only -10 but it took 3 hours to cook a small chicken, no choice though 'cause power got bllown out.
I had a wood stove at my old house, that was fucking king, everything you cook in it came out moist and smokey.
You could boil water in 5 minutes on that thing, it could get red hot with just a few logs.
You could butter toast and drop it on the flat and get the most amazing toast.
Try putting buttered bread in the toaster :hotbounce

emmy75

Suby glad to know youre feeling better as well as cooking again. I came here to get your carrot cake recipe but i wasnt sure how far down this thread was going to be in the abyss of cooking with cannabis. thanks for resurrecting this thread and btw that broccoli soup recipe looks yummy. gonna try that one for sure