What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suby's Kitchen

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hello fellow stoners, bienvenu to my virtual kitchen. :wave:
I'm starting this thread in an effort to post some of my favorite recipies for some of my favorite people...you guessed it...stoners. :joint:
As well as cooking up fine smoke I also enjoy my time in the kitchen, I'm always surfing for fast and easy recipies that appeal to my stoner qualities, being hungry and being lazy.
I'll collect here some recipies that I've tested and tweaked from friends and online sources in an effort to put the mmmm back in munchies.
Without further delay let's get cooking! :sasmokin:

Suby

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Blue Cheese Chicken

Blue Cheese Chicken

There are alot of ways to cook up chicken but my favorites are those where all the meat and veggies cook together making for less dishes and more time enjoying your buzz.

1 whole chicken
2 carrots
2-3 branches of celeri
3-4 potatoes
1 lemon
1 chunk of blue cheese
herb de Provence
terragon
Dijon mustard (about 1/2 cup)
White wine (about 1/2 cup)
2 bay leaves (optional)

1 vessel with lid for cooking, anything will do but one with a grill in the bottom is good.

So here we go,

1. Clean and peel the vegetables and cut them into large chunks.

2. Rinse out the cicken inside and out, dispose of inards if any, pat dry with paper towels, season with salt and peper.

3. Half the lemon and squeeze the juices over the chicken, keep one hald of the squeezed lemon.

4. With clean hands smear the outside of the chicken with dijon mustard, all around and under and don't be shy.

5. Plunk the chicken in the cooker and generously sprinkle it with the herbs and terragon.

6. Place the blue cheese in the chicken's cavity and plug the whole with the lemon half you kept earlier.

7. Place the veggies around the chicken, add the whole bay leaf and the wine, you only want to cover the bottom of the pan with about 1/4 inch of wine, the veggies will supply moisture later on in the cooking, do NOT add water of too much juices or you will steam the chicken which makes it rubbery.

8. Cover and pop it into the oven at 350 deg for 1 1/2 hour, if you like a crispy chiken skin about 20 min before the end remove the veggies and put it back in the oven without the lid.

9. Get baked and enjoy.

Peace
Suby

V

vonforne

HaHa, looks like a good one Suby. I like to cook also but I'm not Franco. There you have the advantage. I was going to cook this weekend and was trying to decide what to cook. Looks like I have found something to try.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmm sounds like this chicken i made with some trainwreck on it. minus the blue cheese though. came out so good and stoney. ill have to try this one its a bit more in depth.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
BBQ ribs

BBQ ribs

Hello all and get yourselves ready for this weeks recipe BBQ Ribs.

This recipe involves a slow cooker, if you don't already have one I strongly suggest you pick one up, they are about 30-60$ depending on how fancy they are, I bough mine cheap at WalMart.
Tons of easy to make recipes can be made in a crockpot/slowcooker, the type of recipes you dump ingredients in and come back hours later to something tasy and warm.
This following recipe can be made in the oven, just cook it at a very low setting like 250 deg for the same amount of hours, the sauce recipe is also good for making all kinds of BBQ meats like porkchops or chicken breast.

4 racks of pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1 cups ketchup
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup of premixed BBQ sauce (optional)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Season ribs with salt and pepper.

3. Place in a shallow baking pan.

4. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes.

5. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together.

6. Place ribs in slow cooker or baking dish with a cover.

7. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.

8. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.

These are some of the best ribs I have made at home, you can toiy with this recipe alot like using more or less hot sauce and things like liquid smoke and by varying the seasonings.

:joint:

Happy Eats.

Suby

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Easy Fry Pork Chops and Fancy Mashed Potatoes

Easy Fry Pork Chops and Fancy Mashed Potatoes

This week I tried something new and it was an instant hit with me and my wife.
This is the type of meal you whip up when friends call unexpectedly and you need something in a rush, the amounts listed here are for 4....or 2 very hungry stoners lol.
The paprika you use will vary the taste of the chops, there are sweet or spicy and even smoked variations of typical paprika and they make great chicken seasonings.

4 x 1inch thick butterfly or bone-in pork chops
paprika
olive oil

1. Brush both sides of the chops with olive oil and sprinkle with paproka until they are ligtly yet evenly coated.

2. Preheat a frying pan of medium high heat and cook them about 4min each side, less if using a thinner cut of meat, juices should be clear in color when poked.

Fancy mashed Potatoes

4 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
2 whole pears ...yes pears...peeled and cubed
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of butter (I'm sure cannabutter will do fine here for a little kick)
2-3 mint leaves chopped

1. Use just enough water to cover the potatoes and pears and boil the potatoes and the pears together for about 15 minutes on medium high heat.

2. Drain thoroughly and let them sit in the pot it boiled in to steam off any extra water.

3. Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth.

4. Add mint leaves and serve.

Don't forget some sort of veggies or salad to make this meal complete.

This combo sounds simple and strange but trust me it will get you going back for seconds.
Happy Cooking.

Suby

G

hey Suby,
I just stumbled on to this site after reading the GREAT organic thread you started.I LOVE to cook.Are you just posting your own recipes or are others welcome to post their favorite? I'm going to try your baby back recipe.I LOVE my slow cooker.I make pulled pork barbeque in it all the time.Eazy Peazy.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Holly shit, I've been so busy at work I've neglected some of my threads haven't I? :fsu:

Vman the French cooking is going just fine, I'm reading up on making baby food, hopefully I'll have some organic veggies going for her soon :D

Ok so I'm backlogged for a few recipies so I'll post a few this week. :pointlaug

budlover glad you posted in my as of yet deserted kitchen hihihi.
You will love those ribs, if your short on time feel free to use chicken breast, they cook in about 4 hours so perfect for a late supper, I've even made wings with it and they where pretty kick ass, I just added more spice to it and let the beer flow.

Please anyone feel free to post your favorites and maybe I'll try and get this thread moved to the right forum lmfao.

Peace All

PS some of these recipies are from friends, others are online recipies I've tweaked to my liking, some are from my cookbooks but somehow I tinkers with those too :D

Peace and Bon Appetit!

S

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Guiltless French Fries

Guiltless French Fries

:wave:
I have a love of french fries, I know I'm not alone so here I will share my quick fix recipe for those jonesing for easy to make french fries and here's the kicker, they are relatively healthy compared to the McDick variety.

Start with some potatoes (3-4 medium sized) peeled and washed and sliced into shape, you want them thin enough to cook through but not too thin as to burn.
Different sprouts make for different tasting fries also don't choose a brand new bag to make them, older potatoes taste better for this.

These are made in the oven, yes the oven, preheat it at 400-450.
You'll also want to take out a baking pan and lightly coat it with olive oil and preheat the empty oiled pan until you've mixed the sprouts, this will keep the fries from sticking.

Take the fries and in a bowl add:

2 tbs of olive oil
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of onion salt
1/2 tsp of basil
1/4 tsp of garlic powder

Now mix up the fries and dump the onto the hot pan and bake for 30-40 minutes turning them every 10 minutes.

You can vary bthe amounts of seasoning depending on your taste, also seasoning with plain salt works for those not liking seasoned fries.
Olive oil is pretty healthy for you in reasonable amounts so go ahead and enjoy these whenever, I eat them instead of cracking open a bag of potato chips.

Peace All
S

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
:D smoke a bowl before and crack open a beer too, nothing like mixing vices :D

S

spensaur

Those fries sound awesome.. as well as the ribs. I recently purchased a slow cooker so I'll let you know how they turn out! They look great, keep posting these delicious recipes! :D

G

Sub...the ribs were outta this world..unfortunately I didn't see the FF recipe until just now.They would have been great together.Thx for adding this fun thread.How bout a good memorial day grill recipe??

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Chicken Brochettes

Chicken Brochettes

Hey guys thanks for the support!
I'll try and post more of my favorites, at least one a week, try those fries they are great for BBq's and ribs.

As far as grilling goes this is a recipe for a marinade for chicken, anyone can cook a steak but grilling chicken is my favorite thing on the grill.

2 chicken breast cubed "brochette" style
1 red peper cut into cubes
1 pack whole mushrooms
1 pack cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of soya sauce
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 TBS of italian sesoning

Basically you make a brochette alternating vegetables and chicken on a wooden skewer.
Then you mix the oil, soya and seasoning together and dump it over the brochettes.
Put them in a Tupperware container and leave it in the fridge over night.
It sounds too simple to be good, but they are actually better than most restaurant ones I've had, you can vary the dry seasoning to spice this base sauce up by I use it as posted.

Heat your BBQ to medium and just slap these puppies on the grill.

Peace
Suby

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
budluver said:
Sub...the ribs were outta this world..unfortunately I didn't see the FF recipe until just now.They would have been great together.Thx for adding this fun thread.How bout a good memorial day grill recipe??

I always make extra, I eat them cold out of the fridge with a beer.
Think I'll make some this weekend :)

S

emmy75

hey suby

great recipes. ill probably get around to trying them duriing summer. im glad theyr sitting here for me wheneve i want.

oh btw harmlessly a man that grows and cooks, very sexy!!! :joint:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Merci Beacucoup Emster.
We love you too ;)

Like my wife says a fancy restaurant on a date might get you laid but cooking for a girl is almost a surefire way to get lucky...

Especially if you include chocolate somewhere in the desert lol.

Bon Appetit.

S

emmy75

Especially if you include chocolate somewhere in the desert lol.

suby, with chocolate my guy goes to bonus land for sexy time :yoinks:

ps sorry to get off topic here, great recipes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts