What's new

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamalito

Veteran
I haven't talked to Luiz but a mutual friend who lives near him informed me of this yesterday. He's been sick and I hope he's ok. To those that haven't gotten a chance to know him he's a wonderful guy.

Last edited:
G

I just got an e-mail from him yesterday. He is a very nice guy. I have corresponded with him several times and did not realize he was ill. I will have to convey my sympathy to him. He did open up shop for a month in August and I was able to get some of his genetics. He has a really awesome line-up.

G

Arf, bad news. i feel ashamed I didn't understood he was ill. I hope everything will be better for him soon...

Rahan

G

It's a real shame about Luis, as you say he is a really good guy with a big heart. I corresponded with him via email for a while. I knew he was going into hospital, I believe he has a kidney problem. I wonder if we could organise some kind of fund to help him out or a charity auction on Seedbay.

My favourite strain came from Luis, Columbian Gold. I'd be happy to put a load of packs of Columbian beans on Seedbay to raise some funds, that would seem kinda appropriate - Luis' genetics raising funds to help Luis out.

If we could raise a couple of grand I'm sure that would help Luis a lot and he is one man who is certainly deserving of our help and good karma.

Here's some shots of the Columbian at 12 weeks, just before harvest, I'm sure a few folks would be interested in buying a pack of these beans, especially to aid such a good cause.

PA180023.jpg

PA180018.jpg

PA180002.jpg

PA180026.jpg

zamalito

Veteran
I'm thinking the same thing brit. I'm thinking that if we can show him the kindness that we're all capable of he'll come back. I talked to him recently and he's feeling better but his grow this season was very small and hasn't been able to work. I'm hoping seedbay will allow this since they'll only give store credit to small breeders and will only give money to "bonafide" seed co.'s. But I'll send seedbay an email and I'll ask luiz if it's ok. He may have too much pride but we'll see.

muddy waters

i exchanged emails with him a couple times too and it's a shame that he's had hard luck. i didn't know about his health problems, but he did mention to me back around june that someone he had been counting on for funding backed out and i suspect that's why BSC is no more. seed selling especially a solo op must be a tight living, then you throw medical bills in...

i plan on meeting with him right around harvest time and i'll send along everyone's sympathies. hempire that's a really generous offer, msg me if you want me to talk to him about it in person next month. or email him (address is on the BSC page).

zamalito

Veteran
La Mano Negra said he will contribute to the auction. To those that aren't familiar with Mano Negra His african landrace lines are extremely rare and he's a very skilled breeder. I'm ecstatic to see such a talented generous individual on board. I haven't heard back yet but I will try contacting them again.

zamalito

Veteran
Could everyone interested in putting stuff up for or buying stuff from the bsc charity auction contact me via pm. I am putting together a list of what's being put up (luiz is also putting some stuff up so this may be a last chance for you to sample some of his wares). I promise this isn't gonna be a disappointment.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Zam,
I would like to get in on a few of the sativas if availible..
Thanks and take care...........................CC

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zamalito,
I also have seeds....if youre intersted,let me know...:wink:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'm really saddened to hear about Luiz.What a shame that this has happened.I too,have exchanged an e-mail or 2 with him,and always enjoyed the exchange.

J

JackKerouac

Their Tropical Treat was excellent. Sad to hear. I want to contribute in any way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.