What's new

How long have you all been smoking / Growing?

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Just a fun game....

How long have you been smoking cannabis?

I was just thinking about my first time smoking and it was a teenth of solid that a mate got in exchange for some off the back of a truck power tools. We ground with a grater some into the loosest roughest spliff attempt. We where 16 at the time 25 years ago 1990 wow! It made us cough our guts up for a while but then the laughter kicked in and have been smoking ever since. But growing wise its only been 16 years as needed to move out of parents place first.

What about you guys and girls?

Peace :tiphat::ying:

St. Phatty

Since the mid-70's, though not continuously.

I grew under fluoro's in my freshman dorm ... got a "Green Thumb" award at the frosh picnic in 1976.

Really enjoyed 'mersh' when I was in high school. It was all we had access to.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Around the same time as you DD (88 for me) we were lucky enough to get on the end of the Howard era... the majority imported hash was pretty much total shit in the UK after that.. and hahaha I remember my first teenth too... lasted 2 of us nearly a week... I'd get 2 or 3 spliffs out of it now :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
forty six or seven years for smoking, a year or two less for growing. MUCH less for growing WELL...:biggrin: OverGrow helped a LOT in that regard! RIP OverGrow, i miss you...:huggg:

Koondense

Veteran
11 years of smoking
4 years of growing, so far only outdoors guerrilla style

I wish I'd start growing a lot earlier.

B

bigganjabud

Smoking about 20year growing 5-6 year

Taking growing seriously with back to back grows and no down time for about 18 month ish now

B

bigganjabud

Around the same time as you DD (88 for me) we were lucky enough to get on the end of the Howard era... the majority imported hash was pretty much total shit in the UK after that.. and hahaha I remember my first teenth too... lasted 2 of us nearly a week... I'd get 2 or 3 spliffs out of it now :D

88 great year for me I started primary school and met girls for the first time wow what a year

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1979,,,,, qtr oz of lambsbread for £25. ,,,,lot of money back then,,,,
1st joint in 78,,52

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Started smoking in '75, so 40 yrs toking.

Grew in my parents back yard a year later and got caught by my Father while the plants were only about 4 weeks old. Spent that summer grounded…after get my ass whipped…

Started really growing back in 2000 when OG was the biggest base of knowledge online. The Shark Tank was a real trip with the flame wars while waiting for a reply from a thread you were involved in. Miss the quality of OG peeps

peace joe

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Started smoking and growing when I was about 18 and 20.
37 and 35 years ago ;)

Have gone indoor lately (3-4 years)

Have a nice day Guys :)

P :smoke:

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
smoking since 1997...after a serious leg injury which led to a tumor being removed, leg was never the same and neither was I...I stared smoking my senior year very secretly..like starting my car early early in the morning and hotboxing the hell out of it before school..called it getting MotaVated...weed was the only thing that saved my senior year of hs.

Didn't start growing until I got my own place in like 2002. My first seeds were from BOG.

The Revolution

Veteran
I started smoking about 15 years ago. At the age of 14-15, must have been 1999-y2k!
Starting growing at the same time. I have always been fascinated by this plant, and have been passionate about growing since sprouting those first Afghani Seeds and bag seeds. We used to puff tough when we were younger. 5-6 of us, smoking an oz + a few g of Hash/day.. Was usually my stash and seemed like I continuously had company coming over to smoke. Most of them would bring their own herb to match, but there was a cpl vultures aswell, who never had weed, and just came for the free buzz. We were 15-18 years old at this time. I dont smoke near as much as I used to, but I havent lost my passion for growing one bit. Ive grown hundreds of different varieties in the last 15 or so years, and It never seems to get old.

The Revolution

Veteran
Started smoking in '75, so 40 yrs toking.

Grew in my parents back yard a year later and got caught by my Father while the plants were only about 4 weeks old. Spent that summer grounded…after get my ass whipped…

Started really growing back in 2000 when OG was the biggest base of knowledge online. The Shark Tank was a real trip with the flame wars while waiting for a reply from a thread you were involved in. Miss the quality of OG peeps

peace joe

My first outdoor crop, that i successfully harvested (first grow was ripped off, every bit of it), I brought to my old man I was about 14 years old. He was Impressed with my buds. I set up a "secret Garden" in my closet that fall/winter. He found it a cpl weeks later. He asked me to move it to the back of the house to a secluded bathroom.. I honed my cloning, and growing skills in that room. And flowered my first indoor crop that winter/spring. Since then IVe been interested in collecting all the genetics that catch my eye. I made my first seeds that first indoor grow, and Ive been hooked ever since. Been growing primarily outdoors since than.

H

hard rain

Started smoking and growing in 1977 aged 14. Too young really.
Had a break for about a decade then started again medicinally after I fucked my back up. Using pot as medicine was a revelation. Helped with pain and associated depression.
:watchplant: