What's new

I have question about red trichomes

nonamejustbud

I am at day 57 and I am seeing a few clear trichomes, mostly milky, some amber and even a few dark red trichomes. What do the red trichomes mean? Did I wait too long to harvest? Thanks.

You didn't cut yet, did you? If not, then you need to wait for those milky trichs to clear up, forget about a couple ambers, & reds. Those were probably preflower trichs anyway.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I think the captain meant ''wait until the clear trichomes turn milky'' but I could be wrong.
Trichomes go from clear, to cloudy, to amber.
Determining the appropriate time to harvest MJ is the subject of much discussion and an art in itself.
Seing as this is the new grower forum I will keep it conscise and personnal, I guarantee other members will chime in and will disagree with something I am about to say but to each his own.
The trichomes don't mature all at the same time as you've seen in your grow.
I look for the trich to be moustly cloudy with a few clear heads and a few amber trichs.
Take samples from the top, bottom, a middle os a few plants to get a look at the whole plant, bottoms can mature slower than tops.
If you can try and use daylight to see the trichomes, bulbs and bulb color can distord colors making cloudy trichs look amber.
The idea is that buds picked earlier will give a more energetic high (like an sativa) while more amber will provide a more couchlock type high (like a indica), too long and you'll lose potency and in my case gives me headaches.
Strain will have ALOT more to do with the characteristics of the high but I digress.
The rule around forums is when it looks ready wait a week and I have been well served by this mantra in the past.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I think Suby ment to say "The idea is that buds picked earlier will give a more energetic high (like a SATIVA) while more amber will provide a more couchlock type high (like a INDICA) Just messin with ya suby. Im as dyslexic as can be. Im not callin you out just helpin you out