What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple green lightbulb?

I am extra paranoid about light getting into my room. The only light in question is used alot, and sits right outside the flower room. Can i replace this with a simple green bulb, just to be 100% sure?

WHere can i get such a bulb? party store? home depot?

thanks

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I am extra paranoid about light getting into my room. The only light in question is used alot, and sits right outside the flower room. Can i replace this with a simple green bulb, just to be 100% sure?

WHere can i get such a bulb? party store? home depot?

thanks

Have you seen the Green Eye LED ? These are meant to be OK, not sure if green painted Incandesant or Flouros are as "Invisible" to the garden ...

Hortitec sell these in Spain, easy to find on the web

http://www.igrowhydro.com/Green-Eye-LED-Task-Light.aspx

Green Xmas lights work great, and tis the season to get them also. The green LED headlamp is also so nice to have in the garden so you can get in and out when the lights are off. I think a regular green lightbulb will work also

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gonna try them, or maybe the X-mas lights mentioned if i can find them in all green LED. But my regular incandescent party bulb is losing green in some places and regular light shines out. Bought a few when i first got them, gonna use the rest outside in the lamp post for holidaze. I would not recommend them as there seem to be much better options out now.

ZZTops

Veteran
Note to self...

Do not Wake & Bake before posting, I do know how to spell..."-)

They work great, light up the whole room...

I use a cheep 100w clip on flood light fixture / extension cord so I can walk around the room with it...

That said... I keep it to a minimum and try to work on the Garden when lights are on...

bu11dog

I wouldn't trust a normal lightbulb painted green, or has green glass with regular filament.

Maybe a horticultural green LED, but then again I'd rather just leave them to sleep in the dark, than take the risk of disturbing their dark cycle.

Peace

bendoslendo

Trust the party bulbs. Cheap green cfl for less than $5 at home depot and lowes. No hermies and I'm in there more than I should be.