What's new

honey looking substance on my fresh picked buds!?!?

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i just finished a strain called wallcloud that i got from silverback when he was still alive(god rest his soul)and i just picked 2 of the plants,i had a pretty bad mite infestation,but now most are gone(just to let anyone know,it might be the reason).1 plant that i picked i trimmed up about an hour ago.the buds are very resinous with lots of foxtails going on.i just looked at the top bud that is trimmed and i noticed a golden thick liquid that looks exactly like honey in a couple spots in my bud.it smells like bud,but my hands are also pretty smelly so maybe that is masking the real smell.i have to wait till my camera arrives till i can take pics,but has anyone had any experience with this?i found like 3 tiny blobs in the top bud,when i say tiny i mean about the third the size of a BB.i have never in my life seen this.im wondering if the bud is so resinous that it is actually leaking out,or if it is some type of residue from the mites

chongogump

I've also ran into this occurence. On my last run i had a very small infestation of whiteflies. I read somewhere("marijuana garden saver"?) that the whiteflies secrete a sweet sticky kind of neectar.

whodair

Veteran
honey looking substance on my fresh picked buds!?!?

chongsbuddy, i think you gave her an orgasm !!

H

Hoover_lungz

Yes it is Sap rom the plant, this is sugar and no good for smoking but good to eat:)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I've heard of glands rupturing during intense heat, but I've never witnessed this myself.

If I found what you're describing I'd think really hard whether or not I was staring at some buds with a Milky Way in my hand melting under the grow lights as I was drooling....

Zendo

had it on some cheese

had it on some cheese

like this...damn good smoke..
picture.php