What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

aeroponics . help!!

xeasyx

ive just started an aeroponics setup and what i would like to no is do i keep my pump running 24/ 7 or would it be better to put it on a cycle cheers xeasyx

if my thinking is correct with aeroponics its probly best to have it say run for 15 mins every hour or something like that.... but im not a aero guy i do soil and dwc

hash head

you can do whatever you like, however if the pump doesnt run often enough the water will become stagnant.. all the time would work, all the way down to every few hours.. the more circulation the more aeration of the water and the nutrients come in contact with the roots so I'd figure if you have the pump running more you'd have faster plant growth..

Hi xeasyx, i am looking at going areo now as i really like the areo propagator i just got, so how is the 15 on 15 off going?
cheers

fatigues

Veteran
If you are going to use Aeroponics, you need to get a cycle timer. I know they are expensive, but there's nothing for it. A reliable cycle timer is needed for aero.

Fifteen on/Fifteen off? I've never heard that recommended by anybody. WAY too much.

Go one minute on - five or six minutes off.