What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

im cancelling my organics program.

hey guys. im sure you have seen my plight here on ic since i started going organics. i cant afford to do this any more. i need yeilds of good chronic and soon!

my harvest before i started organics was 5 lbs under 4 1000s. im going back since i can barley get a qp under a 1000 with these methods. im not sure what the problem is/was but its just not working for me.

before, i still had minor ph problems. I was wondering if you can still use dolomite lime for ph buffering even when using chem nutes?

thanks for all your guys help before. ill keep experimenting on a small scale with organics but i need at least 90% of my grow doing what it needs to be doing. probably should have begun that way instead of putting all my eggs in the organic basket. live and learn. peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey captin sorry to hear that. like you say it may be better for you not to put all your eggs in one basket, but you also may find that you have learned a lot and the next round of organic grow may give you better results. you should maybe do 1 light with organics and keep trying. go back to basics and keep it as simple as possible with as few ingredients as possible - floow a proven recipe - then build from there. remember less is often more with organics - except when it comes to pot size when more is definitely more :)

good luck

VG

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to hear that, if you still want to do organic gardening you need to do some reading. seriously. if you want i can provide a list of links for you to go through. and like verdant said, you gotta keep it simple. you were all over the place as far as questions go.

MrFista

Veteran
I agree. Spread your eggs out till you get a handle on organics. I can do better than your hydro yields with dirt, as can many other dirt growers I know, but it took me a while to get the hang of things.

The concept of making hay, and learning organics at the same time sounds perfect for your situation - no one wants to be reliant on a system thay don't understand, take your time to do it.

My advice:

Char, compost, EWC, compost teas and mulch.

Jay can hook you up with the best links he's a library like that.

NSPB

See this is what happens when people try something new. ;) Captin, we'll miss ya round these parts.

You are going to make mistakes. You are going to have not so perfect crops. AT FIRST. It does take a bit of time to learn organic gardening, but it is truly a hands off approach to growing things. I'd never go back to anything else.

I agree with the others saying you need to FOCUS yourself on the basics. In these forums, you have a lot of VERY intelligent and HIGHLY skilled gardeners. They have been playing around with their mixes and soils for years and their dedication has gotten them to where they are. My own personal organic fertilizer mix, took over 2 years of absolute focus and testing and trails...and I didn't always make the right adjustments! Trust me on that. I've had some pathetic plants before when trying new things!

I think it was really good advice given to you...to start with a tried and true formula that does work. Learn that. Start with the basics. Then build on that. Watch your plants and learn from them as to what else you need to start including or adding to that base formula. The only other thing I can tell you...READ, READ, READ. There are a TON of things that can be used in an organic garden!

As far as the lime goes. I used to add lime to my soil when growing with the PBP line... I'd say it helps buffer the pH, yes. But...at the same time, I think those that DO measure and adjust the pH of such nutrients, get MUCH better results.

Good luck...

NSPB

DevilWeed

Sorry to hear that captin, I know how you feel. I went hydro my last run and screwed it up royally. Tried a complete organic grow this last time and pulled an AMAZING crop. Well over 1lb/1000w. Many many variables, you just need to find the ones that are out of wack. Like you (sort of) I'm going to try just a couple girls in hydro again so I can nail the process. The majority will be in organic soiless as that is what is currently working for me.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
My last round was my first shot with organics and I got 1.3 pounds per 1k. Not great but wasn't hard.

Smiley

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Don't give up!

Don't give up!

K.i.s.s. Keep it simple stoner... Look into Espoma' Plant Tone. It's an excellent all in one vegging fert. Then look into Fox farm/ Happy Frog fruit and flower. It's a good all in one flower fert.

Both are full of balanced amendments and completly organic. Espoma makes flowering ferts too, but they have some mineral salts in them. If that matters...

Use 20% worm castings or good compost for humates, 30% perlite fer air, and one of the ferts above mixed in with el cheapo bag soil and yer good ta go.

Blood meal, bone meal, and kelp would also work jus fine too.

READ,READ,READ!!! There are many very simple ways ta grow organic. Yer only limited by yer own knowledge!

Good luck to ya. BC

kind words. thanks yall.

i really dont know what the fuck to do now. i feel like all the plants i have are gonna suck anyway because they have been so stressed.

do you think the clones of these guys ,once recovered, will regain there vigor?

NUG-JUG

hmm id think of this as a trial by fire, which ended badly.. what did you learn about organics this time? i bet a lot of useful do's and don'ts. that's valuable imo. i'll bet if you do a plant or two on the side with lc's mix or similar, you'll love the results..

also do what jaykush said and read. it's been proven through science that someone who has read about a task or job thoroughly before ever trying it before, can perform almost as if they'd done it a dozen times.

yup as long as they arent shitty genetics and you can get them to root.

good news. thanks lion.

yeah Nug i think your right. i got my veggies going great now, but if they keep failing in week 4 of bloom im gonna be screwed. so i have to do what i know is going to finish for me. ill keep trying on the side, i just need a sure thing for now.

I think you should ask yourself why did I want to grow the "organic" way? You seem rather satisfied with your hydro grows. I never was. I thought at first maybe it was my method of hydroponics so I tried a few different ones. Each method I tried was more simple than the one before. I think that was a factor but it was really only the proverbial icing on the cake. The truth was much deeper. What I was really looking for was not so much the truth but my true self. During this time I was getting deep into Zen.

One night I was toking on some northern lights and I feel into a sort of trance unexpectedly. It wasn't like a trance that you get into while you are in the moment and then you can snap out of. In fact I was out of the moment. For the first time in my life that I could remember, the protective barriers erected by my mind to protect my sanity fell. I was resistant the whole time. I was being shown something and my conscience brain had no choice in it. I stood up, I needed a drink. I walked to the fridge and opened the door. I thought what's the point? I wasn't thinking about the point of a drink, I was thinking about my life. I was starting to have these visions. I wouldn't call them hallucinations because they were more like an emotion, thought, and image all in one. It was like turning on the radio and hearing all the stations at once and yet you could distinguish what each song was. I felt my life akin to a house of cards and they were crumbling before me. I went and sat on my bed and tried to snap myself out of it to no avail. I remember a distinct image from when I was siting there. They were like slime people, no legs or arms but like a slime stalagmite coming up from the floor. I was starting to panic so I laid down and closed my eyes and told myself if I wake up in this condition I will check myself into a hospital.

I look back on that night as a life changing event. It took me some time to figure out what it all meant. I think in some way this planet is alive. It may sound crazy but I believe this completely. Under the right conditions, I feel like I can be open to commune with it. I dedicated my life to improving the natural world in every way I can. In the end this is the true reason I grow the way I do.

I guess what I am trying to say is that only right in this here forum will you find nuts like me. We all have different reasons why we come here for knowledge and maybe you are just searching for something.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
excuse my ignorance, but 5lb for 4x1000W lights is not that high for organics or chemical grows.
You should be able to reach that goal with organics using a SCROG, basic temperature control, some air circulation and a basic soil mix (basic means 1/3 peat, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 compost\EWC) and watering with dechlorinated water. And keeping the lights 15" from the tops, which is easier with SCROG.
In chemicals using coco and Rez's recipe, a SCROG and basic temp control you should get beyond 5lb.

That simple. No hi-tech.

I don't say keep the organics and risk your balls, I say get a 25L pot of a SIMPLE organic soil and give it only dechlorinated water (with the mix above, a bit of dolomite lime and if you really want to work - AACT twice a month)
See if it works for you without the other mambo jambo.

Don't like it? put coco in the pot next time and go chem. You don't have to go organic.

NUG-JUG

great post shogun i agree that a lot of the reason i grow is to get dirt on my hands and zone out. not being religious i feel spiritual while tending to a garden.

E

el dub

Not sure what the problem would be. I can easily get 3/4 lb organic with a 400 or 600 watt setup in a 2'x3' or 2'x4' space.

lw

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
You can take the easy way out of organics: guanos.

Before the advent of synthetic fertilizers in major agriculture, guanos were the most used. Why? Well, they're plant available nutrients that are water soluble.

FF Ocean forest, a little earthworm castings, kelp meal and guanos... gravy baby.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Not sure what the problem would be. I can easily get 3/4 lb organic with a 400 or 600 watt setup in a 2'x3' or 2'x4' space.

lw

Unrelated, but arrogance is one problem on your part.

The other being the amount of care it takes for a 2'x3' or a 2'x4' space compared to a 16'x16' total area.

Latest posts

Latest posts