What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mission: Get Faded

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since i've had a public thread that i could show my progress. A brief history of myself would show you that i am not new to growing, but i am by no means a guru or a "pro" grower. I have had a couple grows, my first one a very simple setup using Female Seeds genetics, 2 NL, 2 GF. Second was a step bigger using a couple 400s and growing the likes of Rez's SD IBL and SSSDH, a clone only strain given to me as "Original Diesel" and also a sativa pheno of LUI. Some so cal bagseeds were to follow.

Some dumb things led me to some trouble after that, which in turn rendered me unable to grow for a while. Almost 2 years... But after i got my shit together, got myself a new place and put the work in, i finally have another spot that i can call my own.

When designing my setup i knew i could go balls to the wall, but i guess i learned a lesson? lol... My requirement for growing are ultimately to keep my girlfriend and i in the green aka a personal grow.

I decided to go with a approx 6 sq/ft area using 2 150w HPSs. My main goal is to have a strain selection of anywhere from 3-6 and to have 2 10gal DWC buckets with 4 plants in each. I want to create myself the ultimate (or somewhat near) SCRoG setup. Low maintenance, low wattage, energy and grams/watt efficient.

My strain list....
Ministry of Cannabis WW fem (2), Cocktail Frank's PA Bubba Haze (4), "chocolope" bagseed, "blueberry" bagseed
Since i didn't start this grow from clones and i knew i only had 2 fem seeds for certain, i decided to pop 9 seeds total and since i needed moms still i went with soil. I'll wait to have a tried and true strain to fill my 2 DWC buckets and my hopes for a large personal harvest using under 500w.

The cab is a a stealth design i built to fit under some stairs to keep it out of the way and easily concealed.
picture.php

4" vortex, can33, 2 150w HPS, 1 4" exhaust fan for cool tubes. 2ft+ vertical growth (above the rubbermaids)

seedlings under a 175w MH
picture.php

These started to show some signs of sex, the WW fems were the first and then a few started to follow with ball looking formations then they turned to calyxes.

last week 6 or 7 days before flip.
picture.php

Mind the condition of a few of these, lol. I've had a lil fungus gnat trouble and a lot of them still have some evidence of some Miracle Grow shock that i'm not gonna go into. LoL. Moving foward.....

CF's PA Bubba Haze #4(pre 98 bubba x abusive kushaze) This one is my favorite out of the bunch. Since i saw her today i took an additional 2 clones just to make sure i keep this one! haha

picture.php

picture.php

Bubbas 1, 2, and 3. a couple of them are major bubba dominant and i think 1 of those is a male. The other one is more sativa but less so than #4. get it? lol

picture.php

WWs

picture.php

"Blueberry x" on left, "Chocolope x" on right
picture.php

Today: day 4 flower
picture.php

In: cab, Out: plant level
picture.php

Enjoy! More to come! any questions?

- SubN

P

Peat

Hey SubN.
Nice garden, brother! :respect:

I just read up in the social area & followed your link.

Congratz on the comeback!

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Thanks everyone! It's great to have everyone stop by with their well-wishes friends and family alike!!!

Things will be getting more and more exciting as the weeks go on so there isn't that intense of a show yet. Let me know if you fellas have any questions!

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
:badday:

:badday:

I just checked on the flower cab and to my suprise i noticed that perhaps all 4 bubbas will be males. One is still undecided but it looks very simlar to the other ones.

Females:
WW 1
WW 2
Blueberry x
Chocolope x

Males:
Bubba 1
Bubba 3
Bubba 4

?:
Bubba 2

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Well it's official today, all 4 Bubba x Abusive Kushazes are males. :(

I was hoping for at least one fem out of the bubba beans but i guess nature has the final say. Oh well, i believe this cross is still in clone form circulating the community so if i should ever find the need to run her.....

The blueberry and chocolope crosses seem to be doing very well, as is the WWs. I took an additional cutting of WW1 because the one clone i have of it was the only one to not bite into the peat puck. CLones are doing well, i forsee them showing roots within the next coupla days.

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Day 10 (since visual flowers)

Day 10 (since visual flowers)

Hello everyone.

As you all know, the bubba's turned out to be males. :badday:

But everyone else is alive and kickin. Thought i'd show you what's been going on.:joint:

I'm still getting my routines back in order. Hard to get everything right again the first time after so long but they're flowering and they're gonna be dank, so that's all i care about for now.

I knew i had them in bags, and i knew i had to keep the stretch down....so i found a way to train em that didn't require tying. I've been weight training my ladied! I took a piece of copper wire and bent it like an S, and hung a piece of metal from the plant midyway down. This forced the plant over to the side which allowed it to be "lst'd" to allow more budsites to show.

cabinet
picture.php

top shot
Top:WW1, WW2
Bottom: Blueberry x, Chocolope x
picture.php

WW1
picture.php

WW2
picture.php

Chocolope x
picture.php

Blueberry x
picture.php

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
yo, i'm so bummed out.

Chocolope decided to throw a nanner one day, due to some light leaks, so i pulled it and fixed the suspected leak, couple days later i notice my one ww is worlds beyond the others in resin making and i noticed that at some point, a pollen sack blew up and nearly completely seeded my WW1 and my Blueberry cross plant....

So i axed the chocolope yesterday and i'm not sure what to do with the remaining seeded ones.

The WW2 is resining up very nicely and i only noticed 1 or 2 swelled callyxes.

Should i keep the BB and WW1 around? are they going to produce any frosty nuggets or are they just going to grow seeds for the rest of their lives. I don't want plants that are going to do nothing but make 100 seeds, but if they are going to make some resins i might as well keep then around for hash?

i don't know, this has really hammered my week badly, i'm in a very shitty mood now and i'm not sure what to do with the seeded ladies.

Luckily i have a fresh vegged clan of 9, Chem DDs and MNS SSH. They will be getting transplanted and put into the flowering chamber by weeks end.

I will need to clear out the flower chamber and completely bleach the thing down...

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Well i thought i was gonna be burdened by the extra beans i popped. The MNS SSH and Rez ChemDD turned out clutch as i have made some shitty choices that led to a couple of my plants to get mostly knocked the fuck up. The only remaining mostly virgin is my WW2 plant. She seems to be the keeper out of the two, anyway.

I'll be posting pictures of BB and WW1 in the future but as for now they're boringly pregnant and i'm hoping i get a few nice nuggets off of the plant becuase i decided to keep em around.

Cuts and clones chillin in low light
picture.php

WW2 28 days flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are my MNS SSH beans I hope i find a nice lady out of these 4.
They just started to show visual flowers which seem to be pre-flowers. These, along with the Chem DDs are on their second day in a 12/12 environment, not exactly day 2 flower.

I'm starting to sex these to cull the males, i can't take any more pollination right now so i will be watching these like a hawk. I already see male signs on 2 of the short stout green ChemDDs.

Some of these plants look malnourished, i think they didn't like to be in the solo cups for as long as they were. The new growth seems to be much happier so they should be pretty healthy from now on out.

MNS SSH
picture.php

picture.php

Rez ChemDD
picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy!

Things are starting to get stinky around here. I think the WW is about halfway done and if that's true then i might have a keeper for a another run in my DWC tub! WOOO

-SubN

Latest posts

Latest posts