What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deadliest warrior

DitBaMay

Anybody here watches this on spike Tv? This is some crazy shit to watch when your stoned out of your mind, it just sucks you in. lol beside the cheesy remarks they make at each other haha.

who watch the episode with the Yakuza vs The Mafia? I am so disappointed that the mafia won. In real life Yakuza would own the mobs any day.

shack

Hey DBM-I try to catch that show when I can.
The episode I remember is when they put an Apache against a Roman gladiator,the Apache took a beating but killed the Gladiator in the end.
It is an intense program.

Pimpslapped

I've followed the show, though I'm really iffy on their methodology. It can suck you in, but what are they going for? I thought they were going to do warrior culture vs warrior culture... now they're doing specific figures (Next episode is supposed to be William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu).

Fun show though.

Pimpslapped

What I was hoping for was to see them do it in something almost like a tournament style. An elimination process, etc. And there's no contest! Pirate wins vs Ninja! Duh. The pirate doesn't dress in black pajamas and run around throwing christmas tree toppers at people! :dueling:

Looking at their website, the next matchup after Wallace vs Shaka is.... I.R.A. vs Taliban. Hmmmm.

shack

For anyone that is interested:
The Deadliest Warrior is on tonight 9:00pm. Eastern time.
IRA vs. Taliban
Spike TV

K

K-pax

Seen that shit i thought for sure the mafia was going to lose that one..

SemperAltus

wasn't a fan, but its alright... i just wish their test were alittle more along the same lines... its like every test i saw when they matched up a weapon they got put through way different tests... how your gonna give the edge to a weapon when the tests are completely different... but i guess id have to know how big an edge plays in the simulator.

KarMic

It's a really good show to watch while blazed up (what isn't). However, I've been disappointed in some of the conclusions they reach which seem a bit inaccurate. It seems like the results they get from the computer weigh more than plain ol' common sense.

For example, they concluded a tie between the AK74 and the M4, when the AK has a better track record overall.

KarMic

Yeah but thats just cuz the AK is more reliable. With both guns working fine it's pretty much a tie.

Well yeah, I think the Ak shoulda got the edge, even if only for that factor. Also, I thought the AK used the 7.62 ammo like the 47, I was wrong as it uses 5.45mm, my bad.

On another note on that same episode, anyone notice how they didn't use the dead pig to test the Saiga. That would've been messy :yoinks:.

They made no mention of the technological/logistical advantages that the Green Berets would have in a real world situation. It wouldn't have been so close.