What's new

Out of the Cellar and into the Light..

C

cellardweller

Hi guys, I'm c-dubs and this here is my outdoor experiment.. :joint:
My goals are not lofty, just to have a succesful outdoor harvest, have a little stash for me n the wife, and to make some beans from what I am running, so that they may be spread around to F.A.M. and other members.

My soil is basically LC's mix, but having added some amended FFOF that was left over and water polymer crystals to it.
I have a very good water supply near it as well, as you will see.

From seed I plan on running:
Satori
I would like to make more beans with both of these strains.
Blueberry x Bluebubble ..another gift from a friend..

picture.php

Clones will come into play later in the season, but I am not sure of what they will be yet. These will be going in alot closer to home, where they can be well taken care of and gaurded a little more.

So, on to some pics..
Tools of the trade.. Everything fits in the backpack, and the fishing pole is needed too :laughing:
picture.php

working with some really good native soil as well as whats been made by me..

picture.php

picture.php

there are about a dozen 5 gallon sized holes, in bunches of two or three..all on east/west runs

picture.php

picture.php

Heres my water supply/secret fishin hole.. (and yes the fishings good, thats why I needed the pole..)

picture.php

So, all I need to do now is get that soil out to the holes and start some beans later on this month.
I am waiting on the beans because I want the soil to be able to compost a bit before I use it, and I really dont want any real monsters out there, for stealth reasons..

edit: beans started on 5/7/09..I got antsy..
going into dirt later today I hope, pictures later!

Please feel free to ask questions, offer advice, tell a joke, and to not post any pics please..
peacenpot,
~c-dubs

U

ureapwhatusow

looks like a great start, bring the pole AND some bait?

THC123

Veteran
nice nice nice , i also need such a solid strong shovel and a saw for all those big ass roots.

Beautiful area:dueling:

Wake&bake207

im growing outside too in a clearly. it's in an abondoned field so noone goes out there, so i can plant in the open where noone could find it.

good luck mang

P

Peat

Beautiful spot, Cella! :headbange

R we gonna see ya pull any fish outta that water this summer?

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WoooooHah! Gotta feel good to get back in the game bro! Got yerself some nice strains too, should work out wonderfully...Congrats on coming outta retirement CD.

Pimpslapped

Hey, should try the old native trick of burying a fish (or at least the heads, I don't remember 100%) at the bottom of the holes! Well, likely to attract critters... just the thought that popped into my head seeing that lake.

Definitely looks like a great place to fish and unwind.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Damn, cellar outside who woulda thunk? Looks like a sick fishing spot too. best of luck to ya, lookin forward to seeing the Satori

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what a mf need a invitation? LOL you know ya gotta be droppin linkses on me bro...im lucky i found this place all hidden by ur secret fishin hole and what not :muahaha:
you know im along for the ride.lookin great so far,and im glad to see ya back at doin what we all love...who knows this mught be ur domain from now on depending on how ya love them results.peace-T-

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Im late! Got this tagged! Pimslapped..you want the fish to be almost fully decayed before putting the plant in...gets the minerals and N into the soil...
Gorgeous spot CD!!! Ill be up soonwith a folding chair, my pole...and a few zips o headies!!

good vibes

C

cellardweller

Hey guys welcome to the great outdoors thread!

ureap..lol..real men don't use bait! lol..j/k man, I have a small tackle box I carry with me, with some tried and true lures for that spot..
:friends:

BigD..good to see ya made it bro! yeah, aint it relaxing looking? :friends:

THC123..lol..that shovel is probably only 24" long, but it's def. a strong one! welcome to mah thread..

W&B207..yes I am, as a matter of fact! good luck in that clearing yo..are you using any sort of cover at all?
..and aren't you worried about rippers and choppers? good luck to you also my friend!

HighLow..and runnin at full speed ahead too! :laughing: thanks for stoppin by! :friends:

MeLtY..yeah it feels sooo good to be doin it again after such a vacation! Thanks friend!

Pimpslapped..ya know, that thought actually crossed my mind, but I like to practise catch and release..

Rob547..I know right? it's gonna be an adventure for sure..:joint:
I have been fishing there many times and it's good. What decided me on the place is that I have NEVER seen anyone there..just hints of people here n there..nice to meetcha man!

Stevius..howzit man? Thanks bro..
I think the only bears around here are Brother Bears! :laughing:

So today, because I have to wait for my mix to compost, I made a little seedling mix with some promix and earthworm castings. I also made a gallon of tea using 1tb molasses, 1/4c ewc and 1 tsp Liquid Karma.
I have to wait until tomorrow to start transplanting because the tea has just started brewing.

So far we have taps on:
2/4 Satori
4/7 NCDG
2/4 BB x BB
..just about all the seeds have cracked too.

pics when I put em in soil tomorrow!
:woohoo:

peacenpot,
~cd

C

cellardweller

damn
f.a.m. sneakin in on me like that! :laughing:
I didn't hear you guys come in!

Tona..I was just gettin ready to pm you a link I swear! :laughing:
yeah bro I'm so happy to be back at it! I've been in a great mood all day!
Even though I am outside for now, I'm trying to talk the wife into getting a caregivers card if I can't after all is said and done.. I really want to keep on workin the cellar too. :joint: :friends:

whiskey! whattup yo? you aint late at all bro!
by all means, pull up a chair and roll up a spliff yo..we're just gettin started here! :friends:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
What a nice spot cellardweller.
Best growluck bro...I´ll be watching :smile:

P :smoke:

Pimpslapped

Damn Im late! Got this tagged! Pimslapped..you want the fish to be almost fully decayed before putting the plant in...gets the minerals and N into the soil...
Gorgeous spot CD!!! Ill be up soonwith a folding chair, my pole...and a few zips o headies!!

good vibes

Yeah, I figured it was something like that, or you were preparing the spot well ahead of time so there would be plenty of time for it to break down and decay.

Yeah, CD... That's what I always did myself, catch and release. Fishing's a great way to kill a few hours with some fam sitting around drinking, smoking and kickin' back. But it was a thought.

C

cellardweller

:wave: hiya sow! thanks for stoppin by!

Paddi! good to see you here sir! Thanks for :lurk:

and it's the thought that counts, Pimp!
I actually didn't prepare the spot far ahead of time enough, due to my indecision..:wallbash: I think I'm actually pushing things a bit and expect to run into a couple of problems, like my mix still being a bit warm..doh!