What's new

InjectTruth's "Quest for 1GPW" Double tent, double digi 600's.

InjectTruth

Alrighty, here goes nothing.

I have two 39x39 HTG tents, each with a digi 600 hortilux, and a stanley blower for exhaust. My strain library includes LA Confidential, Sour Cream, Ice Cream, Double Strawberry Diesel, HPxC99, Chocolate Chunk, Pure Power Plant, Blue Cheese, AK-47, and Sweet God. I get the best results from LA and Sour Cream, followed closely by DSD.

Here are some recent pics.

InjectTruth

Now, my biggest problem is me, lol, as it usually is with this hardy plant. I cant stop experimenting, even before I get the results! Ive had good runs with peat/perlite using Flora Nova Bloom, done some experimenting that went from great to bad with SWC/DWC, got a nice solid run from a ramshackle organic mix, done micro sogs that were very efficient using fluoros and 1 liter bottles of soil and technaflora nutes, and had disasters with cat turds.

Its caught up with me and I have to buckle down and get serious. Ive turned to the Organics For Beginners sticky for a lot of guidance, and Im building my understanding of how to build an "add water only" soil mix. Using slight augmentations, Ive follwed LC's mix #1 using the recipe #1. These are the original recipes:

5 parts coco or peat
3 parts perlite
2 parts worm castings/compost
2 tbs/gal powdered dolomite lime

1 tbs/gal blood
2 tbs/gal bone
1 tbs/gal kelp
1 tbs/gal green sand

I used 60/40 coir(mostly piece, some classic, both sunleaves)/Happy frog with additional perlite. To this I added:
2 tbs/gal Bio Tone
1 tbs gal granular lime
1 tbs gal powdered dolomite
1 tbs gal bone meal
0.5 tbs gal blood meal
0.5 tbs gal rock phosphate (0-3-0)

Here is my reasoning from another thread "Building a Soil Mix with Bio-tone"

im not going to be vegging in this mix for any longer than 2 weeks. For this reason, I reduced the amount of blood meal, as there is already a good amount of nitrogen in the bone, bio tone, and kelp. The bio tone (4-3-3) has bone meal in it, so I reduced the additional bone from 2 tbs/gal to 1tbs/gal. The rock phosphate was added to act as a slow release P boost, along with adding beneficial bacteria.

Does anyone see a flaw in this logic? Does this mix seem to contain all the needed elements to carry me through the flowering stage with water/molasses only?

and here is some info on bio-tone

Espoma bio-tone is a dry mix of many different organic nutes. It comes in 25lb bags for around $30 where I am located.

http://www.espoma.com/pdf/tones/biotoneplus-mar07-1.pdf

4-3-3
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N) .................................................. ..................4.0%
0.3 Water Soluble Nitrogen
3.4% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5) .................................................. ..3.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) .................................................. ............3.0%
Calcium (Ca) .................................................. ..........................4.0%
Total Magnesium (Mg) .................................................. ..........1.0%
0.6%...Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Sulfur (S) .................................................. ..............................2.0%
2.0%...Combined Sulfur (S)
Derived from: Feather Meal, Dehydrated Manure, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
Greensand, Humates, Crab Meal, Cocoa Meal and Sulfate of Potash Magnesia.

Non-Plant Food Ingredients:
Contains 5,678,688 colony forming units (CFU’s) per lb. of bacillus proven to
enhance plant growth - 378,579 CFU’s per lb. of 15 different species.
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: 44,200,000 propagules/lb. of 8 species:
Endomycorrhizal Fungi: 1,200 propagules per lb. of 2 species:

Neuronaut

What has been your gpw ratio with this set up so far? I can't imagine it happening with that many strains. Your going to have to pick one or two massive producing cuts and stick with them. How many plans per light and how long veg?

InjectTruth

So here are some preliminary photos of my new run. Gotta get some new batteries, and figure out the white balance feature a little better.

Its difficult to tell, but I have some "sour d" that is going all single leaf funky on me. Only difference was dropping from 24/0 to 20/4. Probably going to replace a few of those in there.

I'll get some pics of the beautiful LA i have about to come down, plus my veg cab later on. Then we'll get some more into past experiences, and current methodology.

Thanks to all my peeps for helping me stay on the right track.

:respect::respect::bow::bow::respect::respect:

:smoweed:

evilunclephil

Lookin good if not a little bit lanky..how far away do you keep your lights?

Do you know anything about the lineage of the sweet god? I'm growing joi's godbud which is supposed to be pi x god but I've never actually heard of a strain named god...

InjectTruth

Yeah, I think the light distance from clone is the issue. I use a 150w HPS and I threw a cheap htg led panel in there for shits and giggles. The clones are about 12-16" away from the light when they go in, but there are room for 9 to sit on a coir block I have in there to raise a few up at least.

I want to switch out the 150w HPS with some tube fluoros on a panel, so I can put it on a pulley and keep it right on top of the new clones. Also, better spectrum for veg than hps. Right now the light is about 14" away in the tent with a 600 HTG euro reflector.

Sweet God is Sweet Tooth x God Bud from BC bud depot. God bud from JOI is the original. PI x GB might be Grape God or something to that effect, I'll check it out.

InjectTruth

So I switched up the ventilation a little. Previously had the light a/c'd seperately with a 6in suncourt on the intake and exhaust, stanley blower exhausting cab through diy carbon filter.

Changed it so the stanley is air cooling the light and exhausting as well. One side of the reflector is left open, and the stanley is left on high, sufficiently exhausting the cab and cooling the light better than the inlines, helping me get it a little closer.

Removed two of those SD's that were going single leaf funky on me, and decided to transplant them into smaller containers to reclaim the soil. The roots were INSANE!! Whitest, healthiest roots Ive ever had, and crazy amounts of growth for the 2-3 days they had been sitting there. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing what is going on behind closed doors in my other growbags. The calm before the storm (the explosion of veg growth).

Also been playing with pure coir, watered 2-3 times a day with 5ml/gal FNB + 1ml/gal FL+, getting GREAT results. So far only with one plant (HPxC99 freebie), but looking forward to trying more.

More Pics to come soon!

W

Weedman Herb

Is a "suncourt" one of those coffee can type fans? If so ... they are terrible IMHO ... I run a Lasko Blower conversion (now cooling a 1000 fairly well but with the 600 it was 1 degree above ambient room temp taken Outside the panda)

I won't say what this 4x7 "moving" 600 watt grow yielded ... Gs Per W aren't my motivation and I'm not into being called a Liar by some Guano & KelPak Fed NorCal Sort of Blessed (but only slightly gifted) OverGrown KID (you know who you are) ... I did ok (actually HeHeHe I macked it) ... based on that ... and if you don't experiment/error to the side of danger ... I don't see why you won't get an elbow + a bunch from each 600 ... I'm IN if you'll have me (as Herb pulls up a chair) pass that popcorn :lurk:

InjectTruth

Thanks BluntedOne, is that a rasta kitty in your avatar? I hope so! (but my eyes are bad)

Come along for the ride Weedman Herb! Thats a nice setup you have there, I like the spacing.

I'm going to get groceries, be back with some fresh batteries and fresh pics.

InjectTruth

FINALLY!

After a large battle with my camera, Ive liberated a few pics of my room vegging in progress.

I have a whole 'nother identical tent set up that needs plants. Im thinking about talking the larger plants in the back row, moving them into the other tent, flip, and let the smaller ones in the original tent veg up some more, then flip those two. Fill 2 cabs for 1 stoner!

a couple of my little veg cube

Here's my freebie HP x C99 mom in 1 gal pure coco fed 2 or 3 times a day (handwatered) with 8ml/gal FNB, 1ml/gal FL+, and 5ml/gal Prozyme. This coir stuff is AMAZING, and adding the enzymes REALLY made the growth EXPLODE.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
battlin with the ole cam eh bruh....
sounds like you have ur plan mapped out yo.the one in the bottom left in the first pics,dayum yo thats a fat ass stalk bro!the root must be giganormous i bet it throws some fatties fasheezy.good you goy ur ventalation sorted out,sounds like you have it similar to how i have my tent set up.i keep 1 of the flaps open for air exchange,and i have a intake from outside with a inline on it...might have to switch the inline to a bigger fan when summer hits,we'll see.
keep up the good work holmz.peace-T-

InjectTruth

Im back after a wonderful trip to Vegas with some updates.

I took the larger plants, moved them into the empty 3x3 tent and gave them a flip. Gotta take pics of that cab tonight. Its looking nice!

I let the smaller plants veg for another couple weeks, then I flipped it right before I left for Vegas 2 weeks ago.

Then I looked at my tray of clones that were intended for the next round, and realized I they would either be too big or unhealthy from lack of care by the time they were needed.

Soooooooooooooo.....

I put my loft bed up and threw my spare 1k under it! Just got finished mixing up a TON of soil and now have 42 clones in 1 gallons basking in the glory! Aw shit! (Pics soon!)

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooooooooooooo.....

I put my loft bed up and threw my spare 1k under it! Just got finished mixing up a TON of soil and now have 42 clones in 1 gallons basking in the glory! Aw shit! (Pics soon!)

aww yeah :respect:
:lurk: good show here my man :friends:
:smoweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts