What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concealing homegrow, new baby brings visitors

XXX_710

Hey everybody,

So, I've successfully grown in my house for several years and have managed to keep my activities from visitors. Since I live in an un-kind state, I choose to keep to myself. I live an hour from family and 30 minutes from town, so few people drive out here.

However, now that we have a new baby girl (she came 6 weeks early as well), there's a bit more traffic in my house with family members coming to see the baby. This past week, I hosted the in-laws from out west while still managing to keep my father-in-law, the handyman, from the basement. He works on houses, so he notices everything! Fortunately, my wife told him that he is here for his granddaughter and not to work on stuff.

I have a good can filter and have a tapestry over the door to the grow room (i'm considering covering the door up). I even put in some glade plugins, yuck they stink. Luckily, the grow room is not under the bedrooms, so the noise and smell have a long way to go.

Does anyone have any good stories about concealing your home grow? What measures did you use to cover it? Baby stories are welcome too.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Is growing weed an absolute must for now?
If not and you wanna keep things secret, i'd strip down the grow area and start a new grow when things cool down.
Better safe than sorry, ay.

Congrats for the baby! :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The plugins are bad for lungs, especially new baby lungs.

Try pure lavender, lemon and other essential oils instead. They make small, electric warmers you can put drops of oil on. Stay away from commercial versions, grab your oils from the internet. Rhada is inexpensive and decent quality.

Unkind state,
hiding from family,
random house visits.
I would shut er down and re tool it for cab grows if you must. You can definately stay in the game that way. Be careful! CPS will make your life a living hell not to mention how the family may feel. If you are cash cropping you could just locate another facility and grow there. Hell, growing with a child in a dank state would even give you some hassles considering baby n all.
Be safe and congratulations! Check out the cab grows!

Gry

Would consider a locked cabinet which could be described as a wine or tobacco, or gun storage location.

XXX_710

Not growing is not an option. I think I've done very well keeping it to myself. My can filter catches all the smell -- a must have! It's not the end-of-the-world if some family finds out. They'd be cool and understand it's for my well-being. It's just easier for them to keep a secret if they don't know.

Douglas.Curtis - After the family was gone, I removed the plugins. Thanks for the tip about the essential oils, much better idea. I have a candle warmer and that would work.

Gry - You've got the idea. Gun room is a good one.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
put a door on the room under lock & key ! & filter the shit out of the area where your grow is , veg & everything !

a couple extra fan & filter combos just scrubbing the rooms are an extra benefit ! believe me !

krood

There was a stealth grow on here i forget what its called right now, the guy hid his room by a series of metal shelves along the whole wall and either one or all had wheels so they would pull a specific shelf out to get to the door which im pretty sure was flush too. Looked super stealth from the photos. greensanta420, maybe was the handle?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
In time every boy will become an adult male. Not every adult male becomes a man.
Do your work before you play.
Congratulations on your baby! I may not talk you out of growing, but at least go over your grow room . Check and make sure if a ballast burns, it's not going to ignite anything else.

Sometimes taking a year off to do some serious studying. Is your best grow.
Peace brother

XXX_710

In time every boy will become an adult male. Not every adult male becomes a man.
Do your work before you play.
Congratulations on your baby! I may not talk you out of growing, but at least go over your grow room . Check and make sure if a ballast burns, it's not going to ignite anything else.

Sometimes taking a year off to do some serious studying. Is your best grow.
Peace brother

I'm not sure what your age or gender has to do with anything, but I'll sure take that into consideration..
I have smoke detectors, running led lights.. Not much worry of fire.