What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things that just ain't right!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
working 12 hour shifts. then, as you are clocking out, being told that you have to come in early (cutting into your sleep) because a couple of co. bigwigs are going to give a talk and they want us all there so it looks like we give a flying fuck! i sat through 2 of these time wasters, and have yet to hear anything even fucking REMOTELY interesting or important...if i felt like being bored into a damn coma, i could do it without going in to work early & listening to pencil-necked geeks spouting platitudes & todays hot buzz-words...:moon::thank you: for letting me vent without getting my ass fired for saying that to their damn faces.:tiphat:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Been there, Done that

Been there, Done that

working 12 hour shifts. then, as you are clocking out, being told that you have to come in early (cutting into your sleep) because a couple of co. bigwigs are going to give a talk and they want us all there so it looks like we give a flying fuck! i sat through 2 of these time wasters, and have yet to hear anything even fucking REMOTELY interesting or important...if i felt like being bored into a damn coma, i could do it without going in to work early & listening to pencil-necked geeks spouting platitudes & todays hot buzz-words...:moon::thank you: for letting me vent without getting my ass fired for saying that to their damn faces.:tiphat:

or being held over for a DARE officer hour long pep talk about the danger of drugs; to people over 35. :D

...you don't want to blow your cool or cover...so..
you sit there and stare at him like a cow staring at a new gate.

St. Phatty

You do a task exactly the way your boss tells you.

In the case I'm thinking about, my manager told me to simulate the RF cabling on an instrument product prototype - using pipe cleaners.

His boss didn't like the idea.

My manager-at-the-time turned on me immediately, and said the pipe cleaners was all my idea.

That turned me into a 9 to 5-er and 9 months later I went to work for a new employer.

In hindsight, I should have gone in and talked to the company founder.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats

Low-level managers have always been scumbag pieces of shit...

Don't know shit,, don't do shit,,get paid more than you and will lie to cover their ass, every day of the week...

jimdc

farmersonly.com advertising that you dont have to be a farmer to join. isnt that just another dating site that caters to gold diggers?

CaptainDankness

Knife control in London. LMAO, how is that even a thing? Can't cut your steak with a knife anymore, but you can carry around a full semiautomatic assault hammer to kill people with.

:laughing:

St. Phatty

Knife control in London. LMAO, how is that even a thing? Can't cut your steak with a knife anymore, but you can carry around a full semiautomatic assault hammer to kill people with.

:laughing:

Hope they don't outlaw 3/4 inch All thread. (threaded Steel rod that comes in standard lengths like 36 inches.)

Definitely one of my favorite tools.

It works OK for tenderizing meat, as long as you don't mind Zinc on your food (all thread is galvanized.)

CaptainDankness

Hope they don't outlaw 3/4 inch All thread. (threaded Steel rod that comes in standard lengths like 36 inches.)

Definitely one of my favorite tools.

It works OK for tenderizing meat, as long as you don't mind Zinc on your food (all thread is galvanized.)

Hopefully not, they go that far you won't even be able to have a cricket bat. The police will show up to every game to hand off the deadly weapon for a game and during practice they need a foam bat. Lol

What's the world coming to? They take away the guns and people turn to knives take away the knives they're going to find another way. Better off having guns NYC has less murder, probably the first time in history. Lol

Red Fang

Veteran
ok got to re read this thread but are you kidding me trolls of this thread even site owner trolling me? Things that just ain't right? well guess that is the epitomy of it. The insinuations and inferences bud green and other trolls made are about as far off as you can be and they get respected and I don't? Last thing any cannabis lover should be is right wing if he loves cannabis

Red Fang

Veteran
this was supposed to be a thread for not against expressing your beliefs but not rubbing someone's nose in it, About freedoms and not against it, but to realize we have all freedoms and no one should rub someone elses nose in their own beliefs. The point was supposed to be how to create greater freedom for all without rubbing others noses in it. Sorry so many here are so ignorant that they would rather create a fictional monster out of me than fight for more freedom. Hillbillies are the ones that try to tell you how to live and condemn you if you don't comply. Sorry spent too long speaking to inanimate objects I think. The world is flat yay!

Red Fang

Veteran
to solve by debate requires convincing one side that they are wrong, and them openly admitting as much. VERY rare.
Most of the time, one side is NOT wrong. All have their point, the problem comes when that one side tries to convince the other they are wrong. Who is the snot nosed brat? Who else is a brown noser? And why does none of this show up in 'NEW POSTS"? Older does not often mean wiser, work 12 hours if not in your own business then just being the slave to those you hate.

Red Fang

Veteran
I have learned hate is never the answer coming here should not be allowed to change that. It won't. NO one should be for that and shame on those who try to discredit anyone or their beliefs and those that support such people.