What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I did it! Finally!

Nicoli

Veteran
I quit cigarettes today after 10 years smoking at least a pack a day. I've been planning on quitting for the last few months, and finally it just happened, almost on its own. I made a pack last me the last 5-6 days, and yesterday were my last 2 cigarettes. Today I had absolutely no desire for a cigarette. It was perfect timing. It feels great knowing I don't "need" them anymore.

So long tobacco, you sure were expensive!

:dance013:

Aksala

Grats man....nicotine is a mofo to quit...

You are gonna have a whole new appreciation for the smells you've been missing out on.

First few days after I quit it blew my mind how accute my sense of smell became.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Way to go Nicoli ... its the best thing you have ever done for yourself.

Good for you - gonna be a little tough for a couple of weeks (if that), but this is the best thing you could EVER do for yourself. My Mrs. quit over 16 yrs ago, and I have double a few yrs myself off the tobacky.

Wait till you experience a smoker force field - once your senses clear, you can almost taste the odour of nics and tar from a 3 foot radius on a smoker. It is appalling.

Hang in there, baby.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Congrats!!

It's not easy but it's worthwhile.

The best thing to do when you really want one is to sniff an ashtray.

:puke:

Nicoli

Veteran
Thanks all. No shit! I feel like a million bucks already I cant imagine how i'll feel in say 30 days from now..

G

Guest50138

Stick with it .tobacco was 1 hard habit for me to kick but once I got 1 day without a cicarette I knew that it was downhill from there .Your going to get some wicked craving's dont give into them no matter what,I first stoped for 2 years and then had 1 smoke at a wedding reception (just being funny:) ), next day I borrowed a few from a friend by the end of the week I was buying them and hooked again for 4 years. so no matter what just dont light up, thinking it will only be 1 that just doesnt work. you will be rewarded finacialy,your health will be better. you will walk past a smoker in a couple of months and think"shit did I smell like that" Stick with it you will reap the rewards.Oh and weed smelles and taste so much better once you got the shit out of your system.

Nicoli

Veteran
Yeah oldman exactly. I knew today after I totally forgot they existed this was my time to quit, I can finally do this. Shits DONE. I know I will have cravings and some rough times, but herbs are plentiful and I just cant wait to get my full 100% cardio health back to where it use to be. Technically this is my 2nd day without a cig!(its almost 1am!) muahahahaha!

gomer

Good show! You will feel great.
Keep it up, and if you have a couple by accident quit right away again. It is a lot easier than smoking for a few days again. I fell off the no cig wagon several times myself. Usually after getting drunk with a women who smoked. It took me several months to get rid of the craving to smoke.

T

TrichyTrichy

fantastic new Nic!!! Grab one of those widgets that offers you data on how many you've haven't smoked,$$saved. It's very motivational. A good one can be found at silkquit (.org)

T

TrichyTrichy

when I first quit. I ref'd it every hour,LOL. go check it out.. you will be more in to your quitting.
It's a great motivation.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job, Nicoli. You'll feel the benefits almost immediately.
I just passed the 2 week mark myself.

Nicoli

Veteran
This is the first morning I woke up in god knows how long without coughing/hacking up lung cheese. What a fucking difference. Seriously.

My stats so far!
Smober Time: 1D 21H 28S
Amount Saved: $7.97
Cigarettes not smoked: 37
Life Saved: 3h 5m

:D :D :D:D :D :D It feels wonderful to not have cigs.

Latest posts

Latest posts