What's new

This is stressing me out :(.. Please help

Ok here's my situation. I want grow 3 different strains in a cab using CFL's. I don't know how big the cab will be yet, but my ideal cab would be no bigger than 2x3x(however tall). I already know I want to SCROG.

But here's my problem. I don't know excactly how big the plants will get, and how much they will produce.

I want to grow as few plants as possible(1 of each strain would be perfect). But I would like around an oz from each strain.

So all these questions started flooding into my brain. Like: Will a 2 week veg be enough to produce an oz each? Will the plant become too big for the cab if I veg them that long? If so, maybe I need to grow 2 plants with only a week veg. But then would I have enough room? Ect.ect.ect.

I really have no experience watching a plant mature from seed. So I feel extremely stressed out about all this.

So I hope there is someone out there who was in the same situation as me and can share some knowledge. I would greatly, greatly appreciate it :). I need to go smoke to chill out, pce.

Danks2005

You can read and read all you want but some things just come from experience, and dialing in your room is one of them. You will make mistakes and be disapointed, learn from them.

Alright let me ask a more general question.

Lets say I grow 1 indica, and 1 sativa. Generally speaking, how long of a veg would they need to produce around a zip each(using CFL's)?

I really have no base knowledge on this. Even if your answer is also very general it will help me.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Learn as much about scrOG as you can and make it modular, go check out freezerboy's grows as hes a MOD ScrOG fanatic, would suit your requirements down to the ground & the beauty of ScrOG is you have complete control over the height of your finished canopy. Hope this helps'
Good Luck Peace...........Scroger ;)

What my experience has taught me:
A multi strain flowering is going to give you problems if your new to it (as i was, and the results were kak!) i.e. Indica shrubs versus tall, lanky sativas. I don't know what wattage cfls your using, but I doubt the Indica would fare well without some auxillary lighting. The rule of thumb I follow is that a plant will double to triple in size flowering. IF this is your first grow, keep it simple: 3 plants of one strain, a basic nutrient program. The easier it is, the less that can go wrong. And like Scroger said, look up FreezerBoys posts...that cat has excellent kung-fu.

Thanks for all the help guys. Especially Lurker +rep to both of you.

Ahhh. I really want to grow atleast 2 strains though. Nirvana NL and Reserva Privada Purple Wreck! If things get crazy I'll cut one of the two down. And I'll still have 9 seeds of each left.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Dude,
Like i said thats the beuty of ScrOG'ing you can really controll the final height of you canopy with the screen. If a strain is getting out of control (height wise) you can pull the branches back down through the same hole it grew up through & fix very gently to the screen with a twisty tie or something, do this to all branches untill your canopy is even. You will get the hang of it, only way to learn is to try it for yourself. My advise is like lurker said, be carefull with strain selection man. OK you can pick different strains if your going modular ScrOG, but try to pick strains that have equal 60% sativa, & 40 % Indica gene's,. OR if you want an even shorter canopy to deal with swap that round to 60% Indica & 40% Sativa gene's, as this way you'll get much less stretch when you switch to the bloom cycle. Hope this helps buddy!
Peace......Scroger!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm in a 22x29x54 inch freezer. I can ScrOG 1 sativa or 2 indicas. 3? They better finish real fast.

I did CMH rather than CFL but a 250 and a 20 week Sativa produced over 4 oz water cured (close to 1/2 pound air dried) Since then I've been buried alive. I can't begin to keep up with production. Po Freezer's got too damn much weed :badday: