What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1991 Lives. A tale of Old Beans-- (Oaxacan Strain Questions)

L

LolaGal

Back in '91, I had some killer Oaxacan that I grew outdoors. I thought the beans were all gone, long ago.

A few weeks ago, I was looking through some old junk, found a 35 mm film cannister filled with Oaxacan beans! There were about 35 or 40 beans.

OH BOY! I thought, THE GOOD STUFF!

I plopped those bad boys down in the dirt.

Only one popped! It's a girl! :)

I was wondering if anybody had any Oaxacan stories to tell. Thought it might be fun to hear.

I did not clone back in '91, so I had to go to the pot patch each year and cull males. I would usually leave one at the edge to ensure more beans for the next year and hope to get that plant cut after it started blooming, to keep the seeds down to minimum.

I was out in the Oaxacan patch one day when an Army helicopter landed! EEeek! I thought I wuz busted for sure! But it turned out they had a bad fuel pump, so they were super cool and I wound up taking them back to the house to use the phone and wait for parts.

Glad to have this strain back, barely... one plant is all I needs... :) Happy :dance:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah seriously i was just reading that and my only thoughts were "jesus that ripper is gonna be thrilled"!

ArcticBlast

F

feral

hmmmmm.............beans almost 20 years old, only one pops and it's a girl. That's a sign if ever I saw one. She'll probaly be a holy grail plant. I would find the most kick-ass SATIVA male that you can get your hands on and pollinate a few branches.

L

LolaGal

Good idea Feral! I might cross to something.....

Yeah, the ripper is something to think about.
Too bad I can't grow indoors in the summer time. too hot.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Sounds like an elite in the making, you already got the story.

Outcross and send in beans! The masses will be thrilled.

Congrats on the killer find.

O

OGfarmerted

2 hours from mexico here. seen so many nice strains from south of the border. oaxacan being one of them, a classic for sure. i grew out some once indoors, took me forever to finish and had lots of room issues, but man was it good. mine seemed to have that diamondhead kinda look where the calyxes are huge and go out on their own directions.

ive always sworn by mexican genetics in crosses even when dweebs would always say _mexican is dirtweed. lol. they have good heat resistance too

G

growcodile

Only one popped! It's a girl! :)

I was out in the Oaxacan patch one day when an Army helicopter landed! EEeek! I thought I wuz busted for sure! But it turned out they had a bad fuel pump, so they were super cool and I wound up taking them back to the house to use the phone and wait for parts.

wooohoo .. good luck with that classic girl, i sense alot of fun coming down your way :D
good you didnt get busted by that chopter hehehe

Latest posts

Latest posts