What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFT water level

Ahabicus

Curious about the details here.

Clone in NFT, roots out of the net pot, but don’t reach the bottom of the gully; does one raise the water level? Hand water?? Will the water moving put enough splash into the hydroton??

Just trying to get a handle on the proper approach to a couple particular gaps in my understanding of this type of set up.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I would raise the water level

When I had a Aeroflo 28, I ran the water level up to the bottom of the netpot.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
What type of gadgetry allows you to make said adjustment? E/f bulkhead?

Having trouble seeing it..

If your in a Aeroflo like I used to own, the drain pipe would be moveable. And you can push it up or down, controlling the water level.
Now it's been more then 10 years since I last had an aeroflo, and from the looks they might redesigned it a little.

Anyway, it have to have a drain pipe some where I guess

dessin_4.gif

Push that one ^^ up and the water level should raise

Ahabicus

Appreciate y’all.

Been doin some reading and it seems like a lot of folks end up in hybrid systems like drip/nft or SWC/NFT.. which kinda makes sense.

Thanks fam.

Latest posts

Latest posts