What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

vermontman

Still a bag seed devotee after years of enjoying this thread and only rarely able to enjoy a slender gals expression from my mixed bowl of fruit. Several years back this was one of such infrequent delights.

Very nice!
Someone is raising Curcuma with their cannabis.

GreenAndFast

Double Zamal looks so good. The new light is really making them shine.
PXL_20220212_165414593.jpg
PXL_20220212_165406341.MP.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those Curcuma flowers are magical. Do you get any tumeric out of the plant or is it just for show?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I thought it was Ginger; getting mixed responses searching online.

The tumeric I grow has white flowers, but it seems they can be white yellow or pink. They grow well in big pots. I harvest all I can eat for a year each time I grow it and I eat a lot of it. Those leaves look similar to mine. If you dig it up it should be really obvious.

Goodherb

The tumeric I grow has white flowers, but it seems they can be white yellow or pink. They grow well in big pots. I harvest all I can eat for a year each time I grow it and I eat a lot of it. Those leaves look similar to mine. If you dig it up it should be really obvious.

Chi13, would you mind ,showing a pic or two of tumeric . Plants and(roots) fruits ?

vermontman

u
Heading into my fourth year of enjoying this delight; each Season my display is increased by the abundance of fresh nodes created through the year.

Good job!
I love Curcuma! They are in the same family as the edible ginger which makes roots like you see in the super market and Curcuma longifolia that is dark orange and the source for Tumeric in Indian cooking
These Curcuma are strictly ornamental they are also nicknamed Siam Tulip. There roots for small bulbils like tiny potatoes on strings. All these gingers have a dry rest or dormancy period for up to 6 months.
I have the white one Curcuma Doitung They come in many different colors white, pink, orange. I used to have full collection now I just have white and pink. When do yours go dormant? Mine are fully dry and asleep for the season.
Which just spurred me to check on how they were holding up through dormancy, so pictured bulbs on bone dry pro mix you can see how they grew along the side of the pot.

Oh PS great cannabis pictured above Canna!
And GreenAndFast

CURCUMA DOITUNG BULBS 011.JPG

CURCUMA DOITUNG 013.JPG CURCUMA DOITUNG 003.JPG

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s what just got into the soaking cups for the full moon. Mostly (but not all) NLD.

old ass Thunk
OTH x TW-47
Haze x KC
TW x THH
New Caledonia
Seedsman OH
P. Haze x Meao Thai (F3) Mum 3
Oax79 x Panama
(Oax79 x Panama) x OTH
Old Green OTH (short and fast)
…and (tall x long)
C5 x KC