What's new

emergency help...light dep support info..help

al-k-mist

high everyone
sorry ive been gone, workin like mad. here is older pics, a couple weeks ago, to give u an idea of what i am talkin about

that was older pics. as someone said, i is gonna have problems, ie BIG problems. too close to walls. they are now screened and screaming upwards, almost all of them taking up the whole 3x3 screen.
oh, blue dreams, tahoe ogs, a jack a cheese and a vanilla. 12 plants total

anyways, bought a 40x60 tarp for light dep. last year was a 15x15x6'high greenhouse, and light dep was awesome, these are 20x60 and 12x20. (another patients are in the 20' gh) the slight rain made it stick so bad, even with 5 ropes crossing the gh, it was terrible, and i am in 24/7 pain anyways

i want to just run 3 poles from end to end, and drape the tarp across them, and just pull to the w end of the gh in the mornings and back at night, so they wont get too big.

will this work. will pvc bend at 60' lengths? help. all money is in this shit, and the incedentals(280$ on a new pump, to pump uphill from a crick/spring...150$ on the solar to run it...100$ on a tarp... man i am beyond broke, and months away from anything
rope? from end to end????
thanks for help

i need to

al-k-mist

new thought..thanks babe

cable running from end to end in 3 places. 1/2" hole in the end walls, pic above. cable stretch 60' long.
any thougts?
back to work

Dkgrower

Veteran
Ahh now i get what your problem is - u cant pull the tarp over the greenhouse, right ?

If u apply negative pressure the plastic will be sucked onto the frame and the rods will stick out and the 2 plastics dont have that much surface areal to stick - makes pulling the trap more easy.

u can also apply brown soap to make friction less

Another smart tip is to fold the tarp, after pulling it off, so its only the outside that gets wet

Put some rods on the outside of the greenhouse plastic - this will also make less friction

Last - dont use force and rops - u can tweek it over by laying the trap as high as possibol on 1 side of the greenhouse and then pull it over - it takes more time, but u dont need that much force

Also dont pull straith , try and pull it over in an angel to the length off the greenhouse also when the tarp is sucked to the greenhouse plastic lift the tarp so there comes air between the 2. just like shaking your towel at the beach and then pull when there is air in between the 2 plastics

Last but expensive and u need some sowing skills, u can run it inside using strings curtain style, but u will loose grow space
maby this would be a good option and a project for next year - if u want advise on making a curtain style light dep that runs manuel inside the greenhouse
i can guide u tru a method

- all u need to do is lift your arm and pull from one end down to the other and then its light off, very simpel and effective but u loose some growspace in a arch shaped house, but then u can just make it 5meters longer and voila u got more space than before

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Saw a outside 'curtain' on youtube that used a metal pipe, with a universal joint, attached to another shorter pipe that had a crank built onto it.

It appeared to be the answer to rolling the curtain up to the peak with a stop so it didn't go over the peak. You'd then need two of them to open and close the both sides.

Also I've got a feeling that one that long might be too heavy. Although I suppose you could use thin wall metal electrical conduit, to save weight???

you'd want to affix the curtain at the high point and roll it up from the bottom.

In my little bitty 'tin shed' conversion, I made an awning cloth curtain that covers about 90% of the inside roof area. So what I've got is 'deep shade/twilight',,, not blackout. However it appears to have been enough to trigger bloom, and now that the days are shortening some I'm hoping they'll stay in bloom..... just an experiment. The roof I changed to polycarbonate smoked,,, @ 80-85% light transmission. Walls are still solid tin, for privacy.

I must say that so far, that big bulb in the sky is a heck of a growlight.

If I find that utube again I'll add a link... no promises however.

edit... this isn't it but it's close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyoIrVic2z4

Sinkyone

Do you have an ATV or truck you and attach the tarp too? You can pull gigantic tarps all by yourself if you do it that way, let the machine do all the work for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts