What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to vaping how dry

BudToaster

Veteran
that should work just fine ... fresh picked needs to vaporize the H2O before the THC will be vaporized. the water vapor condenses in my draw tube if the herb is not dried enough.

maybe some clarification ... my herb is from 52% to 68% RH in the mason jars i store it in. It all vapes without water vapor condensing in the draw tube.

Last edited:

Drewsif

If it doesn't make a noise in the grinder, its too wet (or got some foreign oil/syrup in there, or just one of those old school fluffy strains)

Wet bud doesn't vape well at all. The moisture actually pulls the Cannabinoids out without activating them. Somewhere around 50-55rh is good. Same with smoke imo.

BudToaster

Veteran
question about Boveda - can it deposit any salt into the herb? i had a 62% Boveda in a jar of herb for a week, and when i vaped it, there was a white precipitate inside my glass vial that holds the herb. i have not repeated the test, but it was sure different from vaping un-Boveda'd herb.

Ollie

Veteran
question about Boveda - can it deposit any salt into the herb? i had a 62% Boveda in a jar of herb for a week, and when i vaped it, there was a white precipitate inside my glass vial that holds the herb. i have not repeated the test, but it was sure different from vaping un-Boveda'd herb.
Undamaged Boveda packs are sealed and will not leak any sediments or salts.

They are certified food safe, so the packs can be in direct contact with desired materials.

BudToaster

Veteran
well, clearly there is vapor flow from and into the B pack since that is what it does ... is that vapor certified to be only water, or is there salt dissolved in the water vapor?

not to be too big an ass, plastic is certified food safe too, but my vape is all glass

anyway, thank-you for your comment.

Ollie

Veteran
well, clearly there is vapor flow from and into the B pack since that is what it does ... is that vapor certified to be only water, or is there salt dissolved in the water vapor?

not to be too big an ass, plastic is certified food safe too, but my vape is all glass

anyway, thank-you for your comment.
The product consist of proprietary salts, suspended in a gel like water substance.

Yes its breathable in order towork, but the salts should under no circumstances leak out and or into the product.

I hear You, there are many things certified in which might not be optimal to use, but with Boveda packs that is not the case IMO.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ollie has it right. 62%. If you use bovidas to reach the humidity level, you can remove them once you get there. Just make sure your jars are airtight and not opened too much.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ollie, If you're new to vaping there are a couple things good to know.

It's very efficient on pot. You really get allot out of a little.

All the brown plant material thats left after you vape. It's not burnt and in your lungs using health problems unnecessarily. My doctor told me this.

Ollie

Veteran
Ollie, If you're new to vaping there are a couple things good to know.

It's very efficient on pot. You really get allot out of a little.

All the brown plant material thats left after you vape. It's not burnt and in your lungs using health problems unnecessarily. My doctor told me this.
Hey Zeez,

Thanks for posting in.

Yes, vaporizing instead of combustion has great benefits, both taste & health wise. I find it being very true to taste, great for complex taste testing/profiling.

Indeed, vaping is very efficient, and the amount required is most likely gonna "shock" the majority of people.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hey Zeez,

Thanks for posting in.

Yes, vaporizing instead of combustion has great benefits, both taste & health wise. I find it being very true to taste, great for complex taste testing/profiling.

Indeed, vaping is very efficient, and the amount required is most likely gonna "shock" the majority of people.

If you have a good vaporizer the flavors are even better.

Ollie

Veteran
If you have a good vaporizer the flavors are even better.
Absolutely, a Storz & Bickel or a Vapexhale is not bad place to start.

Personally only tried the Storz & Bickel MIGHTY, but its on point. Also tried the Volcano and a cheaper pen type flower "vaporizer" and there is a world apart in quality.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There's one called Focus Vape Pro. About $100. Excellent. Spare batteries $5 on eBay. We like it better than Firefly 2 which is an excellent but expensive vape..

Last edited:

Ollie

Veteran
There's one called Focus Vape Pro. About $100. Excellent. Spare batteries $5 on eBay. We like it better than Firefly 2 which is an excellent but expensive vape..
Always great with alternatives & options to choose from.

Happy vaping !

DannyDanky

Vaping is the way forward

Vaping is the way forward

I started vaping last year and haven't looked back. Its discreet, less smelly and cost effective, as you don't need to use as much bud. Best vapes I've used so far are the Herbstick ECO and eCapple iV-1 - they really pack a punch and have a wide range of temperature settings.

Latest posts

Latest posts