What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 4x4 SOG

Here is #3. My favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
Indica dominate pheno. I didn't get too many pictures of this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 13
Is that indica dominant in structure only or is the smoke indica dominant too? Because that looks like a perfect SOG-plant to me 8)

It is a perfect Sea Of Green plant. I mean indica dom in a sense that it is a sativa dominate strain with one pheno leaning more towards the indica side of things. Shows traits that are more common in indica dominate plants, compared to the "#3" pheno I am running next round.

Female Seeds

Veteran
Hey KK,

We are here to help and support growers like you in particular! :D
In any case your grow is super interesting and definitely well done, that's also what attracts me and other people.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures, we clearly can see the plants in their essence and last but not least you really had beautiful plants.

It's wonderful to have Female Seeds interested in my grow, thank you! The indica pheno was apparent in veg, very bushy, and wider leaves. Tighter nodes, and a more "skunky"/grapefruit scent. Both runs they have stayed short, with minimal stretch. Both runs, at week 6 a few nanners popped out, but haven't found a single seed. They ALL turned a little purple with my cooler night time temps ;). I'll post some pics

HARVEST!!!!! After almost a week of flushing, the runoff read 150ppm.
Cooler night temps brought out some beautiful colors.

I have to say, in a world of "expensive" seeds, C99 from FS is an EXCELLENT strain. The effects of a fine sativa, with the flowering time of an indica, combined with a heavy yield of chunky, gooey, pineapple funk. What's not to like?

Harvested at day 52. Trichs were 90-95% cloudy and about 5% amber.
Preparing for a run of 36 clones of #3.

Thanks for the kind words, it makes us happy and proud that growers like you are that grateful and pleased with our seeds. :laughing:

You said 36? Wow, impressive...

I checked also the pictures of that Indica pheno and I have to say that is something I haven't seen that often in a C99 so that's why is kind of a pleasant surprise. It's quite funny, it could be easily mixed or confused with a normal Indica strain.
I am curious to hear about the smoke too now.

Anyhow, thanks again for all the descriptions and details, everything sounds cool.

Keep up the good work and take care,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Day 1 flower
11 days veg.

36 c99.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 11
Day 7 flowering!

Day 7 flowering!

Week 1 complete. Manifold is hooked up. Looks like Medusa's head! I'll post a detailed thread about the manifold.
Plants are being fed 1 time per day,an hour after light on. gradually increasing as their needs for food/water grow.

Ppm: 950
PH: 6.0

HAVING A STRANGE ISSUE I HAVENT ENCOUNTERED BEFORE NOW. Please see photo of leaf and tell me what you guys think.

Plants are now 12-14". Just took 80 clones lastnight.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Modified version of Pico's manifold. 2GPH drippers.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 17
Day 14 flowering

Day 14 flowering

Plants are exploding with growth. Canopy is much better on this run. Cleaning up the lower 1/3 in the next few days. Has anyone ever noticed when using drip clean , The product makes the water very hazy/milky until stirred in? Pictures below

Cocotek A/B: 10/10
CalMag: .5
Liquid Koolbloom: 2
Drip Clean: .4
Ph to 58
Ppm: 1020.

Runoff: ph 5.9
Ppm: 1045

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 11

Applesauce

Nice thread. Similar to what I am doing but I am using orbit manifolds. I'm not sure you referenced it - are you using tap or RO and what is the PPM so I understand the true nutrient PPM?

Speed of green

Plants are exploding with growth. Canopy is much better on this run. Cleaning up the lower 1/3 in the next few days. Has anyone ever noticed when using drip clean , The product makes the water very hazy/milky until stirred in? Pictures below

Cocotek A/B: 10/10
CalMag: .5
Liquid Koolbloom: 2
Drip Clean: .4
Ph to 58
Ppm: 1020.

Runoff: ph 5.9
Ppm: 1045

whenever i add ph down (clear phosphoric acid) it looks similar to that. maybe there is some sort of acid in the drip clean?

you could check the ph before and after you add it to see if there is any change.

Nice thread. Similar to what I am doing but I am using orbit manifolds. I'm not sure you referenced it - are you using tap or RO and what is the PPM so I understand the true nutrient PPM?

Thank you for the reply! Everyone's watching, but no one is commenting lol. I am using tap water, i fill a 50 gal tank every other week or so and let it aerate to evap any chlorine. Tap is 8.0 and about 180 ppm.

I am going to be changing strains here in the next few runs. I love c99, but she's a bit lanky for this operation. Looking for a strain that's not as stretchy, a heavier yielder. Potency/smell/taste is right on the money here. But she lacks the overall weight that others can carry. I'm looking for the plants capable of producing forearm sized colas. Indoors it's proving to be a challenge for me to produce large buds. The tops are beautiful, and not small by any means, but I want 36- 2litre bottle sized colas in this room.

Both runs, c99 has produced male flowers the last 10-14 days of flowering. Never found a single seed though. Could've been a hundred factors. Light leaks, heat, etc.

Nice that's more like it!! This will be a great run!

The shroom! Nice to see that you're still following! Thank you for the kind words, it's much appreciated. The last run (1week veg) yielded 14-20g plants. I hope that with an 11 day veg this time around, and 12 more plants, that my yield will be considerably higher. Gotta do some research on which strain to run next.

A lot of unnoticed "behind the scenes" work goes into this hobby as you're all certainly aware of. Just spent some time trimming the lower 1/3 of the plants tonight. I hope to get atleast 20g/plant. That'll put me somewhere around .7gpw. Posting pics soon

Last edited:

Applesauce

I think you'd get better yield running a smaller pot size, higher plant count, and bringing watering up from 3 x a day to 6 x a day. I've read everything in your thread.. not sure if you mentioned a theory for not doing so. Any ideas what direction you're leaning on going strain wise? It does seem as though there are less of the forearm sized cola pictures these days as some strains have become passe. There have been some inspiring threads here using sog style, growing incredibly productive donkey dick colas. Will keep watching. Good job.

A topic i would like to see discussed more when it comes to maximizing a space. More plants with less colas per plant vs less plants with more colas per plant. Not sure how much study there is out there on that.

I think you'd get better yield running a smaller pot size, higher plant count, and bringing watering up from 3 x a day to 6 x a day. I've read everything in your thread.. not sure if you mentioned a theory for not doing so. Any ideas what direction you're leaning on going strain wise? It does seem as though there are less of the forearm sized cola pictures these days as some strains have become passe. There have been some inspiring threads here using sog style, growing incredibly productive donkey dick colas. Will keep watching. Good job.

Applesauce I think you're right. I don't need 1gal pots for plants this size when using coco. I have grown monsters in 1gal Pots. 5" squares will do just fine. My mother room (feeds multiple flowering rooms) is limited to a 400W MH and cannot keep up with the demand for clones to this room, and the other flowering rooms.. I am thinking about switching this room back to a Blumat ran, 1000w scrog. Time my other grows so that when I trim the bottom 1/3 under the screen, I can utilize all of those cuttings in my other SOG I am in the process of setting up ATM. 4- 600w cooltubes over 2- 6x3 flood tables. My water watering times are a bit wack right now, I know. First feed sI an hour after lights come on, Til run off. (8am) Then 2nd feed is 4pm. I would love to hear some input from anyone who has experience with multi feed, as far as what my feeding schedule SHOULD Look like. Thank you for staying tuned. Strain selection is unsure right now, I'll be narrowing it down very soon, I'll keep you all informed. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts