What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's my first time... be gentle ;)

Wrong weeks

Wrong weeks

The 3-4 week pic is actually 2-3 week. The last pic is weeks 3-4. I had 4 lame plants that didn't want to grow so I put them into the same pot together and 1 of them decided to grow and has caught up to the rest of the girls. It was amazing! It was less than half the size of the bigger girls and I gave it the same nutes dose as the rest figuring it would take it but it did. Within 2 feedings it has caught up to the rest. I think I might have found a good nutes combo.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Some of my pics are labeled with the wrong weeks from the last 2 posts, I'm sure you guys could figure that out. Here is The Real Deal. Weeks 1-2 , Weeks 2-3 , Weeks 3-4 , Weeks 4-5 . This is the first day a week 6 .

Attachments

• End of week 5 again.jpg
    End of week 5 again.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 9
  • The right temphumidity.jpg
    The right temphumidity.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 11

plato

I know my room should be cooler. I'm sure it's the heat from the magnetic ballast that makes the room too hot and my insulation is supreme. I'll welcome winter. My buddy rocket says it's ok to have the girls close together, just not smashed together. I have good common sense and I'm careful. To be able to spread them out and still allow them all good light I think I need a bigger bulb, maybe just a 600 watt. I'm running a 400 watt MH over top of 8 plants in 2 gallon pots. All plants foliage is already grown past the outer rim of the pot and I had to raise the light a little to keep them all within the spot. The light is 18 inches above the plants now. My research told me that the leaves shouldn't touch which means the light would have to be higher above them, like 2 feet, in order to cover them. I'm not sure a 400 watt bulb can do that. I'm sure I need a stronger inline fan, that and putting the ballast outside of the room should get the temp right.
I bought a new E-Fusion 1000 watt dimmable ballast yesterday but haven't hooked it up yet. I'm vegging for about another month so continuing to use my 1000 watt MH mag ballast is ok for now, I think. If I decide to switch to 600 MH and can't find a normal MH bulb then I'll hook the new one up. However, the temp issue needs to be addressed pronto so I might just say fuck it and hook the new ballast up outside the room this morning. The high heat is making the humidity to low during the day.It's still early in the morning and I can't start doing construction in my basement yet, my wife frowns on me getting up at 6 am to go work in the basement.

I was just stating my results, not really implying anything.
All I meant to say about packing them, is they are gonna explode in flower, so you may end up needing much more space than you thought. I sure as hell did, thought i would fit 6 plants, I can barely hold 4 without crowding

Yep

Yep

I know they are going to explode during flowering, I would love to have the problem of trying to fit more than 4 under 1 light. 2 lights, bam. My electrician friend hooked up an extra breaker box for me (60 Amps) with 8 outlets. 1 outlet is set at 240 volt. But my new ballast pooped on me 15 minutes after hooking it up. I tried it 3 times and it would only stay on for about 15 minutes. So I switched back to the 1000 watt MH ballast with my new 600 watt bulb. The odd thing about it is that it puts off very little heat compared to the 400 watt bulb. The temp dropped to 73 which is still great. It was 77. My cheap 2 pronged meter read 2000 plus light rays at 14 inches with the 400 watt MH. The meter reads 2000 light rays at about 6 inches with the 600 watt MH bulb, at 14 inches it reads about 1000. That has me concerned. Maybe the cheap meter doesn't read the important rays only light heat waves?

Attachments

• The right temphumidity.jpg
    The right temphumidity.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 12
I wouldn't run any bulb but what the ballast calls for. if its a 1000 watt ballast use a 1000 watt bulb. its like running 20 amps on a 15 amp power cord, it will melt and catch fire. a 1000 watt electronic ballast will switch down to 75% or 50% power, so that means the 1000 watt bulb will have 750 watts running through it. you were running 750 watts through a 600 watt bulb its way to much. you blew the bulb or your ballast wont run it and went to a safe mode. if you are looking for a light meter get one that measures par light.

I wouldn't run any bulb but what the ballast calls for. if its a 1000 watt ballast use a 1000 watt bulb. its like running 20 amps on a 15 amp power cord, it will melt and catch fire. a 1000 watt electronic ballast will switch down to 75% or 50% power, so that means the 1000 watt bulb will have 750 watts running through it. you were running 750 watts through a 600 watt bulb its way to much. you blew the bulb or your ballast wont run it and went to a safe mode. if you are looking for a light meter get one that measures par light.
That makes sense to me but the shop I bought the lights from said I could do it either way. I've been running a 400 watt MH on a 1000 MH ballast for 4 weeks now. Common sense tells me your right though. The new tech stuff I'm sure has safety devices built in. The place I bought the ballast from is letting me swap out the E-Fusion for a different one that the guy says is better than the E-Fusion. He was out of them when I went to buy one so I got the second best that I could afford.
I have a 240 volt outlet all ready for the new ballast and I won't need the 240 volt cord sold separately. You're saying I should get 1000 watt MH bulb and dim it to 500 or 750. I've heard it shortens the life of the bulb and that I won't get all that the bulb has to offer by dimming it. I won't be getting 1000 watts if I dim it, duh. As far as the other BS, do you think the only effect of dimming is a loss of the dimmed watts, period. No other loss? Life of the bulb is about the same when dimming it for a month to 500? I wouldn't figure you would get more hours of usage by dimming it, would you? I've had the 600 watt MH bulb plugged into the 1000 watt MH ballast since last night and the room is at 73 degrees and 54% humidity. Almost no heat from the bulb though, just the magnetic ballast.

That makes sense to me but the shop I bought the lights from said I could do it either way. I've been running a 400 watt MH on a 1000 MH ballast for 4 weeks now. Common sense tells me your right though. The new tech stuff I'm sure has safety devices built in. The place I bought the ballast from is letting me swap out the E-Fusion for a different one that the guy says is better than the E-Fusion. He was out of them when I went to buy one so I got the second best that I could afford.
I have a 240 volt outlet all ready for the new ballast and I won't need the 240 volt cord sold separately. You're saying I should get 1000 watt MH bulb and dim it to 500 or 750. I've heard it shortens the life of the bulb and that I won't get all that the bulb has to offer by dimming it. I won't be getting 1000 watts if I dim it, duh. As far as the other BS, do you think the only effect of dimming is a loss of the dimmed watts, period. No other loss? Life of the bulb is about the same when dimming it for a month to 500? I wouldn't figure you would get more hours of usage by dimming it, would you? I've had the 600 watt MH bulb plugged into the 1000 watt MH ballast since last night and the room is at 73 degrees and 54% humidity. Almost no heat from the bulb though, just the magnetic ballast.
If I blew the bulb then it shouldn't even turn on, right?

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
LOL..............I was wondering how long before it was declared that your thread was officially 100% hijacked!

Exactly.
purpleking, please take no offence but it costs only a few clicks to create your own thread and share your stuff while this thread is a place we all visit to see how lttg is doing.

having to browse through 3 pages of your grow in search of her updates is contrary to that purpose (even though what you share is interesting as well).

once this is done i would even request that the mods move posts related to purpleking's grow to his brand new thread. just to keep this thread focused on its initial aim.

just my 2 cents, no offence inteded.

peace to all :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts