What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budhownd's Amazon Grow

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
420giveaway
We met Lorna from the colledge out partying on saturday and got told about their problems. With it beeing a public garden they have hundreds of people through there every day bringing germs and stuff in so it's a real battle to keep it pest free :badday:

I'm glad that we're the only ones visiting our cellar :biglaugh:

G

There ya go Bud, we got mouse experts and bug experts, so where my knowledge fails, someone else can carry the (blow)torch :D

Damn...mice and bugs....:eek: I'm sure I don't want either experience :D Major props to the mice for their exceptional taste in foodstuffs though :yes: :biglaugh:

:wave:

Last edited:

budhownd

Bugs and mice oh nawwwwwww!!!

Bugs and mice oh nawwwwwww!!!

Hi Ms. G. :wave: Hi Alex-F. :wave:

Hey Indi. :wave:

I can't see dealing with mice at all but, bugs.. well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to deal with them.

Like you, Indigo, I've been lucky this grow and not had to deal with anything but little katydids. Oh, and some other lil things that looked like gnats. But mostly the lil katydids. A few of those strips that hang down did the trick getting rid of those.

Yea, tha nutes and ferts and additives thing has got me kinda turned around. More reading will be done on that subject. :badday:

What I'm mostly concerned with now is this smaller plant. The end of her 2 week flush will fall on Monday the 7th. The next day will be day 60 of flower for both plants.

Um... so, mkay. I may need an explanatory run through with this whole step harvesting thing. Should all of the buds near the top come off as well as the main cola, while the smaller ones on the bottom remain? Do I still continue to flush with plain pH corrected water while I'm waiting for the smaller buds to get bigger or do I begin to feed her again then flush her again when I'm ready to pull those? That sounds like a lot to be taking the plant through. OR should I just pull the plant now all at one time?

Another thing, I've been looking through the scope and while most of the trichs on the smaller plant are now cloudy, I don't see alot of amber trichs. Maybe a few here and there, but I'm certain that 10% of the plant isn't covered in amber trichs.
Geez, I can't bleeve this is the home stretch. :bat:
If someone told me a year ago that I'd be pullin in my first weed harvest right now, I'd have politely but earnestly disagreed with them.
Wow, I'm a grower. A newbie grower, but still a grower. :D Caint beat it. Puttin lil tiny seeds in tha soil and watching them grow into big, budded, mind shifters. It's GREAT! :woohoo:
Now , if only I can learn to listen to the plants when they tell me something, instead of tellin them what they need, I'll be alright.

Mkay, folks. I'm off to look at more trichs and play my Playstation2.

Take Care and have a great weekend.

G

Hey Bud,

I'll be checking my mail later :wink:
In the meantime some quick info for you:

Should all of the buds near the top come off as well as the main cola, while the smaller ones on the bottom remain?
Yes, you take all of the buds which you think may be done. It doesn't matter which ones and in what position, you just cut off the buds that you feel are ready (Including the main cola, that's usually the first part of the plant to be ready) and leave the others. Use a good pair of gardening sheers for the thicker branches, you'll be cutting off just the buds, just underneath the bud, leaving a few inches of branch attached so you can hang them to dry. The buds nearest to the top of the plant (and nearest to the light) are those which will no doubt be done.
Do I still continue to flush with plain pH corrected water while I'm waiting for the smaller buds to get bigger or do I begin to feed her again then flush her again when I'm ready to pull those?
Your smaller plant is DONE with the nutes, you will continue to feed her plain water pH corrected water while the other buds finish up. Just go on as usual letting her do her thing! The other buds will finish up in anywhere from 5 - 10 more days. The plant will be fine Bud, don't worry.

You can either harvest the whole plant or step harvest. Depends on how immature the smaller buds are.
Another thing, I've been looking through the scope and while most of the trichs on the smaller plant are now cloudy, I don't see alot of amber trichs.
Bud, your smaller plant is an indica hybrid, if she has all of the trichs cloudy, she can be harvested. The important thing is that the trichs are all cloudy. A few amber trichs will ensure a more couchlock effect, but you don't need to have them to harvest, the amber trichs show that the plant is ripe and on its way to passing the ripe stage and becoming over-ripe.....10% amber trichs is pushing the limit, and I'd use that number of amber trichs as more of a measure on a sativa dominant plant if you want a less UP effect.
You still need to discover at what point you prefer your smoke to be in relation to trichome color versus desired effect.

See ya! :smile:

budhownd

I got alot to learn

I got alot to learn

Hi Gang. :wave:

Damn, I thought those where some dumb questions, but I sure am glad I asked.

I thought the trichs should be mostly amber for her to be ready to harvest.

Rather, I didn't realize that the 10% standard was more for sativas/sativa dom plants. I thought I was supposed to be looking for mostly amber trichs.

Well, she'll be harvested sometime after Tuesday. :woohoo:

Take care and have a great evening.

:wave: :joint:

G

I thought the trichs should be mostly amber for her to be ready to harvest.

Rule of thumb is all trichs cloudy, then based on personal preferences you can wait for some amber trichs for a more body effect...
The 10% amber trichs is an absoltue limit Bud...after that the psychoactive substances start to degrade and like i said previously, at that point your weed will only give you a major headache and slam you to sleep. No fun :wink: Some amber trichs here and there are about right if you want less of a head high and a bit more body stone to your weed, even if its a sativa. Indicas IMVHO should be harvested before you get amber trichs :smile:
Happy harvest Bud :D

budhownd

I've got shrooms!!

I've got shrooms!!

Hello all. :wave:

Um, ok. I was in the closet last night looking at trichs and I happened to look down into the lower pot that my double potted taller plant is sitting in and saw .. mushrooms.

Lil funny dark mushrooms. They aren't the regular wide brim cap kind of shrooms. They have more of a bell or oblong shaped cap and are grey with black flecks( tho that could be bits of soil).

They are now all wilted and are in the process of drying out. Should I be concerned? They won't be releasing any spores that will make my girl sick will they?? :yoinks: Or will they make her that much more groovy? :woohoo:
They don't seem to be bothering anything and they were already dying when I spotted them.

Well, we've discussed mice and bugs. Anyone wanna chime in about mushrooms? :D

Ya'll have a great day.

G

Hey Bud,

Shrooms in themsevles shouldn't hurt you plant, but you need to watch out for the moisture, they're an indication that you're overwatering into the double pot below, and moisture is accumulating, the soil isn't drying out, and you could develop mold issues and/or root rot, both of which can kill your plant. Remember, I told you exactly how you need to water in double pots, you need to go back and do some re-reading! :whip:

Make sure the soil in the bottom pot dries before watering into it again...its all explained somehwere on this thread! :smile:

Nice day to ya!

G

hehehehehe I wasn't hollerin' at you Bud, but lord knows there's enough info here already that not much is missing in regard to explanations LMAO! You just need to go back and do a bit of reading again...freshen up on drying and curing too :D

budhownd

but lord knows there's enough info here already that not much is missing in regard to explanations LMAO!

Which is EXACTLY why I deserved that hollerin at, that isn't being classified as a hollerin at. :D :bat:

Hopefully I'll have a few pics of the taller plant at some point this week. I want to use the method that was exemplified in the "dry and cure" post of Blue Velvet's.

I don't have the same jars but I'll try to stick to the instructions in the post as much as I can. Guess I better go re-read that one too. LoL. :redface:

Take care and have a great week all. :wave:

G

Hopefully I'll have a few pics of the taller plant at some point this week. I want to use the method that was exemplified in the "dry and cure" post of Blue Velvet's.

Lookin' forward to the pics Bud! :D

Blue's method is excellent. Don't worry about not having the same jars, not everybody has easy access to those specific jars with the cork lids. Just one note...as Blue's method is a slow dry and slow cure method, you don't want to put your buds in airtight sealed jars (mason jars). If you don't have cork lids, the first 7 - 10 days in the jars, instead of putting the lid on, here's a tip for you. Grab a dishcloth and some rubber bands. Cut your dishcloth up into squares large enough to fit over the mouth of the jars. Place one on top of each jar and use a rubber band to hold it in place. Follow the rest of the instructions as Blue explained them, airing the buds, rearranging them, etc. as normal.

After this initial period you can put lids on your jars, but make sure you let them breathe every day for the period of time and with the frequency suggested by Blue in her mini-tutorial.

Have a nice one Bud! :smile:

Last edited:

budhownd

Pics!!

Pics!!

Hay Everybody. :wave:

I'm back to post some pics of my taller plant, Long Tall Sally.

and my big ass foot,

She's taking her sweet time finishing up. On her 54th day of flower, Indigo told me she might go another 30 days.
Nov. 28th marks day 80 of flower and the buds are fatter now than they were when I took these pics, about a week or so ago. :bat: :D

More pics in a lil bit....

Ya'll take care. :wave:

G

LMAO Bud...she's at 80 days? ROFLMAO! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Please tell me that ornery bitch is gonna be coming down soon LOL! Bud, take my advice...you'll have enough yeild from her that you can afford to do this at this point. Cut her light back to 10 hours. 10 hours on, 14 hours off. She'll mature and finish quicker.
I don't advise you to do that with anything but a long-flowering sativa, and likewise only when the plant is near to being done, unless you have serious issues which forces you to have to harvest earlier than you should. It does make the plants finish up quicker, but compromises yeild and mass of the buds.

The topmost colas are looking like they're finishing up, you might want to harvest those first, and let the lower buds go a bit longer. Unless you're sick and tired of the damn thing, in that case you can just chop the bejeezus outta her :D

Your next grow all of your plants will be finished within 60 days, 63 tops :wink:

Long Tall Sally's taking her sweet damn time.....LMAO! :biglaugh:

I'll be back to see the other pics :D

budhownd

Please tell me that ornery bitch is gonna be coming down soon LOL!

Hay Indi!! :wave:

This damn plant.... :bat:

I love her to death but ... DAMN!!! Sativa lover's my hat goes off to all of you. :bow:

I had to count it three times on the calendar to make sure. The small girl went down at 59 days and at that point Sally was JUST beginning to sprout her trichs.
24 days later and she looks like Emril walked around her with a handful of confectioner's sugar and "bammed" her in places with it. The whole plant isn't frosty, but she's got alot of buds on her that are. :canabis:

I was hoping to pull her this Friday, but I guess I'll be cutting her light back instead. :pointlaug
No step harvest this time around, I wanna pull the whole plant and be done with her.
I scoped her trichs this morning and they were still mostly clear with patches of cloudyz. I'll check them again tonight, tho. :D

These pics I took suck hot monkey ass, so I'm gonna erase the ones on my disk and take brand new ones. Which means, as you all know, that it will take me three weeks to post them. LoL. I'm kidding. I'll post em by this Saturday at the latest. Maybe....lmao.

Aiight, peeps. Ya'll be safe, take care and have a great day!!

See ya, Indi. Have a great, fun day. :joint: :wave:

G

Heya Bud! :smile:

Sativa lover's my hat goes off to all of you.
Not all sativas go so long, but most of the pure sats around do..and then some. I've grown a few pure sats myself and they almost killed me waiting for 'em to finish :bat: Patience is a virtue, but there's a limit to everything :D

She'll be speeding things up with the lights cut back and should be ready soon, she doesn't look all that far from being done as it is.
Be back in three weeks to check out the pics :D LOL...j/k...we got another grow to git goin'! :wink:

budhownd

DAMN!!

DAMN!!

Hay Indi,

Long Tall Sally has finally given me a sign that she's ready to come out of the closet.

*lol to myself @ the inside joke*

I scoped a bud this morning and found an amber trich. That's all I needed to see. I know if there is one then there are more that I don't need to look for. She's still got alot of clear trichs too, but I'd rather she have alot of cloudies, a good smattering of clears, and a few ambers here and there than to wait longer and have her get overripe. :badday:

Unfortunately, a plumber and my landlady will be in my den tomorrow during the day. I am 90% sure they will not go into her closet, but I camoulflaged it as much as I can just to be safe. I'd pull her today, but I honestly think it's safer to let her stay put until tomorrow night.

So, I guess that means I have to take her last pics today at some point. She'll probably be dry before I get them posted on here. LoL. I'm joking. lmao.

Ok, I actually, do have one last question regarding this grow.
I read in one of BOG's threads that he let's girls stay in the dark for their last 48 hours. I have an idea why he does it, but it would be way cool if I could get the actual reasoning behind doing this. Is there any merit to it? Should I let Sally stay in the dark and just pull her tomorrow night? It isn't 48 hours of dark, but it's gonna be well over 24. Her light went off this morning at 7 and I won't be pulling her until tomorrow night at about 7 or 8.

LoL. I totally said nothing about the lil plant. I'm gonna try to do a lil smoke report on both of them. Probably here in this thread, I don't think I should take up any space in the Strainguide thread with some goofy bagseed report. LoL.
I can see Sir Puffmaster's face, now. Wondering who the hell submitted a bagseed smoke report. I have a lil of the smaller gal left and there's plenty of Sally to go around. So, it'll get done as soon as I get a chance. :D

Indi, I still need to pick up a few things before starting the next grow, but my tentative jump off date is the last week of this month. I wanna start germinating them on Christmas Day and hopefully, my New Year's Day will be spent eating, snoozing, and transferring the babies into their beer cups.
I'm not sure if I wanna stick with the nutes I have or get something new. I like the veg nutes, but I wanna switch it up with the flower nutes. I think. LoL. Me and my nutes. I need plants that like the nutes.
Put that whip away, Indi, I'm not nuting anything, yet!! LMAO.

Aiight, folks. Ya'll have a great day. Be safe, take care, and go smoke some weed. :joint:

G

Heya Bud! :smile:

You're the best judge of when your plant is ready, so if you feel she's good to come outta the closet (LMAO!) do it! I'm sure you won't regret it :D
read in one of BOG's threads that he let's girls stay in the dark for their last 48 hours. I have an idea why he does it, but it would be way cool if I could get the actual reasoning behind doing this.

I do it too, and here's the reason:
Putting the plant in the dark for a couple of days before chop will make the plant "panic" and push a final production of trichomes in the hope to catch some stray pollen and be able to reproduce itself. It shocks the plant into striving for its ultimate objective, to reproduce itself. Being female the only weapon she has are her trichs to capture pollen...hence she produces. And noticeably, I might add. I don't think 24 hours is enough for the plant to "realize" she's nearing the end, and might not make much difference....in any case, it won't hurt at all.
I can see Sir Puffmaster's face, now. Wondering who the hell submitted a bagseed smoke report.
In regard to your smoke report...LOL! Smokey's a fine and wonderful person, and he wouldn't dream of sneering at your bagseed report (and it probably wouldn't be the first in the Smoke Report Forum), but if you prefer to save that for your first boutique genetics, everybody'll understand :smile:

Don't worry about the pics...whatever you can rustle up whenever you can will be fine.

In regard to the nutes *...cringe...*:D if you do buy new nutes for flower, make sure they're organic. I personally use Plagron products, but I don't know how easily available those are to you.

I'm gonna be here all through Christmas, ain't goin' anywhere...so whenever you're ready to go, I'll be here for ya! :smile:

Have a good one Bud! :wave:

budhownd

Hey Indi!! :wave:

Well, here they are. The last pics of Long Tall Sally right before her chop. I ended up letting her stay in the dark for more than 48 hrs.
It took me the better part of an hour to get her to turn the pot loose, but I did it! :woohoo: So, she's now napping like a bat, upside down in the closet. :bat:

Aiight, enuff babblin by me. On with the pic show!!

Latest posts

Latest posts