What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budhownd's Amazon Grow

budhownd

Good Mornin Indigo. :wave:

Well, I tried the "pinch" on a couple of the pliable lower branches on the taller plant, but I thnk I may have overdone it. They are drooped over and the woody inside of the stem is kind of showing. :badday:
I dunno if she can heal herself from that. I wasn't rough or anything, but the stems themselves weren't very thick. I propped them against other stems that are stronger so they aren't just hanging there, but... I dunno. :( If she just heals herself without growing more budsites, I'll be happy.

In regard to curing your weed, the first thing I want you to know is that I'm a curing MANIAC!
Yea, I got that idea myself from a post you left in another thread. LOL.

You wouldn't catch me dead water-curing a plant :eek:

That's all I needed to hear.... er, read. :) :joint:

but you and I know that shortcuts must be paid for, and the quality of your end product as far as taste and smell will be reduced by 80% at least.

Screw that, I would think that alot of the fun of growing and smoking has something to do with being able to smell and taste the... um... aromas and flavors of the final porduct. I know it will be for me, anyway. Until, I came to this site I didn't know flavors and aromas existed when it came weed. Guess that shows just how schwaggy my smoking experiences have been. :redface:

To top it off, he grows hydro, so his weed has inferior taste and smell from the get-go

So, hydro gives you bigger yeilds than soil, but you get shorted in the taste and smell. Damn, the way folks spout off about hydro growing you'd think it was the cat's meow or something. I've never seen that fact about the inferior taste and smell mentioned. :chin:

so he can have a decent smoke of what is among one of the finiest and tastiest strains out there, the pink grapefruit pheno of the Cinderella 99 :D He's had the mother plant for years, but has never been able to smoke it with a decent cure

I think I've read about that pheno for C99( I scan the smoke reports section about once a day). I know I read someplace that C99 can give you the most unmoney paranoia ever. He's had the plant for years? Does he just take clones of it and grow those out and keep the mother in veg?

I have some questions about cloning, but I'd rather read up on it a lil bit first, then ask you about it. I don't wanna make it seem like I'm just plucking ya bwainz for info without making an effort to search for the info on my own. :redface:

Thanks for the link! I love reading the stuff blue writes. She's a money grower for sure.

I'm off to study, then. I'll holla at ya lata, Indi. Thanks again for the great info. Take care and have a great day. :wave:

peace
Buddy

G

Hey Bud! :D

You did overdo it a tad, but don't worry, she'll heal...just don't mess with the branch...give her time to heal and she will. You might want to know that cannbis is so forgiving that I've on more than one occasion practically snapped the stalk of the main cola almost completely through...and they've always healed. 'Course they can't like it too much :wink:
Screw that, I would think that alot of the fun of growing and smoking has something to do with being able to smell and taste the... um... aromas and flavors of the final porduct

And right you are Bud. Same thing for me....I enjoy everything about the smoke, and to be up to my standards my weed has to satisfy and delight all 5 senses, not only one or two.
So, hydro gives you bigger yeilds than soil, but you get shorted in the taste and smell. Damn, the way folks spout off about hydro growing you'd think it was the cat's meow or something. I've never seen that fact about the inferior taste and smell mentioned.
All hydro growers who are honest with themselves know this...not all like to admit it :wink: You should know that alot of breeders work with hydro to produce seeds, but their own personal stash weed is grown in soil in most cases....'nuff said!
I think I've read about that pheno for C99( I scan the smoke reports section about once a day). I know I read someplace that C99 can give you the most unmoney paranoia ever. He's had the plant for years? Does he just take clones of it and grow those out and keep the mother in veg?
Cindy has two phenos considered to be "prize", one is pink grapefruit, and the other is pineapple. Cindy is very very trippy weed, and depending on how relaxed you are and your state of mind when you smoke it, she'll either allow you to enjoy the buzz or have you climbing the walls! An excellent smoke though, and don't let the trippiness scare you off, she's worth a try. She's probably among the fastest finishing of the sativas out there, takes only 58 days or so. My friend has the mother plant since 2000. Its from the original Borthers Grimm seedstock. He keeps her in veg at 24/0, and just takes clones from her to grow out when he needs them. He brought me one on Saturday :D

Cloning is easy, and we can talk about it whenever you want. I prefer to grow from seed, and am not super-knowledgeable in regard, but you're welcome to whatever I know :smile:

Have a nice one Bud! :smile:

:wave:

budhownd

Hey Indi. :wave:

I see now that my near plummet into the abyss of hysteria was unfounded. I've been checking on her c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y and she seems to be ok. Neither stem is dying or turning brown, so, I'm letting her do her thing.

She's probably among the fastest finishing of the sativas out there, takes only 58 days or so.

58 days?!? For a sativa??!?? :yoinks: I don't know alot, but I know thats way fast for a sativa.
I read a post where some guy had a sativa that took 100+ days to finish. Geez, I can't imagine a plant taking that long.

The girls are doing swell. All of the larger fan leaves are yellow on the taller one and are beginning to fall off. The smaller one is doing it too, just not all at once.
I know it's supposed to happen at some point, I guess I just get a lil antsy when stuff starts falling off the plants.
LoL. I have newbie stress disorder. Anytime something happens to my girls I think it's something I did wrong. lmao

Take care Indi, talk to ya later.

G

Everything's going fine Bud...you're doin' great. I think your plants could use a shot of epsom salts, 1/4 teaspoon to the gallon, put a bit of hot water in a container and dissolve the epsom crystals in there, then pour it into your pH corrected water and water them normally with that. Your taller girl may be beginning to fit tight in the pot (check the bottom to see if she shows roots poking out, if so...double pot :wink:) and is may be using up some of her stores. A shot of epsom won't hurt them at all, give it to both plants. Are you already flushing? How far into flower are they? Don't worry much about the yellowing at this point, if you're around 45 days into flower it's expected, you wouldn't believe how ugly my plants get at the end of flower!

budhownd

Hi Indi. :wave:

I think your plants could use a shot of epsom salts, 1/4 teaspoon to the gallon, put a bit of hot water in a container and dissolve the epsom crystals in there, then pour it into your pH corrected water and water them normally with that.

Actually, I did that with their last watering on Monday. Do you think a quart of water, per plant, every other day is too little ? Or should it be a gallon per plant, maybe every three or four days?

Your taller girl may be beginning to fit tight in the pot (check the bottom to see if she shows roots poking out, if so...double pot :wink:) and is may be using up some of her stores.

Yea, I'm thinking that something quirky is going on with her. She seems to be producing trichs, but her buds aren't getting any bigger. I was planning on double potting her this weekend, just to be on the safe side and to see if she'd fatten up a lil bit with the extra room to grow.
If she is heavily seeded, will the seeds pop up only where the brown pistils are? Or will they pop up all over the plant? Still haven't seen anything resembling a seed or swelling calyxes. :chin:

Are you already flushing? How far into flower are they?

Um, no, I haven't started flushing yet. Should I? As of October 19th they'll have been in 12/12 for 40 days.
You think they may be ready for flushing? How long should I flush? I figure two weeks would be ok. Three would be nice, but *shrug* I don't wanna push my luck with anything at this point.

you wouldn't believe how ugly my plants get at the end of flower!

Yea, I've seen pics of plants that are near their harvest time. The leaves are sometimes curled or twisted or spotty among other stuff. It's hard to believe that the grower knew what they were doing, but I'll bet that when they were all harvested and cured, they're out of sight. Literally! :bat: :woohoo:

Thanks for the suggestions, Indi. Take care. :wave:

G

Hiya Bud! :smile:

Actually, I did that with their last watering on Monday. Do you think a quart of water, per plant, every other day is too little ? Or should it be a gallon per plant, maybe every three or four days?

OK, you anticipated me, good. Epsom takes a while to work its magic, so don't worry if your leaves still yellow and your plant looks sort of pale. You don't need to pay attention to quantities of water Bud, just water until it starts to run out the bottom of the pot. I have no idea how much water you need, it depends on pot size, amount of perlite in your soil, soil consistency, strain necessities, air temperature and humidity, and phase of life of the plant. There are too many variables to be able to quantify a set amount of water.

If she is heavily seeded, will the seeds pop up only where the brown pistils are? Or will they pop up all over the plant? Still haven't seen anything resembling a seed or swelling calyxes.

If she is heavily seeded, seeds will pop up mostly where the browned pistils are, with some also scattered here and there on the plant. A seeded plant will produce trichs, but the bulk of the buds...the "fatness" will not happen. They'll stay thin, and when the seeds are mature you'll see some of the calyxes splitting open. We're gonna just have to sit and wait on this one, see what happens.

Um, no, I haven't started flushing yet. Should I? As of October 19th they'll have been in 12/12 for 40 days.
You think they may be ready for flushing? How long should I flush? I figure two weeks would be ok. Three would be nice, but *shrug* I don't wanna push my luck with anything at this point.

Hmmm...ok, thought they had been in flower a bit longer. I suggest as follows...the smaller plant will no doubt finish before the larger one. As we're using bagseed, we don't know how long they flower, but by the looks of that smaller plant I'd say she won't take more than 60 days, maybe less. Have the pistils started browning? Its really hard to tell from the pic, and you are the best judge, but I'd say give her a final ferting (if you haven't ferted recently) anytime from here to Sunday, then start flushing with just plain old pH corrected water, enough water to get a good run-off in the bottom of the pots each time you water, up until the very end. Unless you think that larger plant may be heading down the home stretch too, don't start flushing her yet.

Flushing is done anywhere from 2 - 3 weeks before estimated finish date. Most people begin 2 weeks before, but a plant in good health in late flower can be flushed with no problem for 3 weeks. She'll get yellow as hell, lose most of the leaves, and those remaining will be ugly, but that's just the plant using up its stores, which will make for a clean, tasty, wonderful and smooth smoke.

If you could get me a few decent pics of both plants, not a whole plant shot but the buds, from up close so I can get a good look at them (maybe take them out of the grow for this because of the light), then maybe I can help you get a better grip on how we're doing and how long they might go still. If you can do that, then we can get the flushing time pinned down better for them.

:wave: Nice day to ya!

Last edited:

budhownd

Update!

Update!

Hey there!! :wave: I just popped in to give a quick update.

Well, the lil warriors are double potted and resting happily under their 400 watt artificial sun. The smaller plant had roots growing out of the bottom of the pot. The larger plant had a few small roots sticking out, so I'm thinking maybe she's just about to outgrow her pot.

I got the microscope and the trichs look clear, for the most part.

I'm working on the pics, I might have them up tomorrow night if I'm lucky. :redface:

Have a great day and take care.

peace

Buddy

G

:yes: way to go Bud! I was wondering how things were coming along for you. Ain't that first peek at the trichs the most incredible experience? I felt like a kid looking at my first bug through a microscope the first time I saw 'em! Now you can control when its time to harvest without playing too many guessing games. When your ladies root the new soil, which takes about a week after double potting, your going to see further development on those buds. Your larger plant is about to outgrow her pot. Funny that the smaller plant developed more of a root system than the larger one. Did the seeds come out of the same bag of weed? :chin: Should have been the first thing I asked you back on page 1 LOL :biglaugh: Very curious to get a peek at the ladies!

Have a nice one Bud! :smile:

budhownd

Hey Indi!! :wave:

I was wondering how things were coming along for you. Ain't that first peek at the trichs the most incredible experience?

Things have been going well. :)

The first time I saw the trichs was GREAT! I'm starting to see cloudy ones on the smaller plant. It's still kinda hard to determine what percentage of the trichs are cloudy as opposed to clear. I thought I saw three amber trichs yesterday, but I'm not sure. :bat:
The taller one is still pretty clear for the most part with a few cloudy ones here and there. Her buds are starting to put on a lil weight. :woohoo: Finally!! I don't think either of them will have tight/dense buds, so I'm greatful for any filling out they do.

Funny that the smaller plant developed more of a root system than the larger one. Did the seeds come out of the same bag of weed?

I think they did, but I'm not sure.

*whispering to my fellow newbies* :listen2: newbie mistake #467: Not labeling your seeds OR documenting in notes/journal/etc, where they came from. :redface::bat::pointlaug

Very curious to get a peek at the ladies!

Go Peek!! :D I got the new pics up in the gallery. I'm gonna try to post them to the thread but, if I miss a few or something screws up, ...well, they're in tha gallery. :redface:

Have a great day, Indi!! :wave:

budhownd

No novel. Pics!

No novel. Pics!

Ok I'm gonna do pics of tha taller one first.

:headbange

ok ... um... a few are sideways... :redface:

that green bungee is holding the taller one upright, her main cola leans too close to the fan for my liking. The buds are also getting too heavy for the branches. :badday:
I thought I'd taken care of that by having the fan blowing on them since they were young, but I guess that only does so much. I now have the branches tied up, so I'm pretty sure nothing is gonna snap. :yoinks:

budhownd

moooore pics

moooore pics

Ok these first five show the lower buds on the taller plant. A lil bt of clawing, I know. I haven't given her anything but water for over a week now and I'm watching her closely.

a bud

this is straight down the middle of the plant

um... buds

an underside shot. got my light in there too

I think that's it as far as the taller plant goes.

bu bye :wave:

budhownd

that's right ... even More PICS!! lol

that's right ... even More PICS!! lol

Mkay,

These shots are of the smaller gal. She the more resinous of the two and the smellier. I want her to go as long as she can, cuz I want her to be my couchlock baby. As couchlocky as she an get anyway. LoL.

And now for the show....

those are small buds on the lower part of the plant.

the last one and the third to the last were taken from under the canopy looking up from the floor that's why they look all crazy.

The small plant pics have no rhyme or reason to them I just started snappin pics. Hope ya like em.

budhownd

you know what it is ... PICS!!

you know what it is ... PICS!!

I told ya tha leaves on the smaller gal looked crazy bad. They're all curled and crispy on the tips. She seems to be doing ok, tho. So, no hassles from me. :joint:

Ready for pics?? Me too! lol

you can see the green and white rope I used to tie her to get her to stay bent over. A couple of the other stems grew taller, but most of em stayed the same height.

Well, there ya have it. Budhownd's Amazon grow as of 10/30/2005.

Ya'll come on back now, ya hear?

Take care and have a great day. I'm off to go taunt a few Giants fans. :wave: :D

Buddy

budhownd

another newbie mistake.. go figger...lol

another newbie mistake.. go figger...lol

Hay gang!! :wave:

:redface: OK.

I spoke before I actually checked something out.

I moved the rope holding the shorter girl bent over and had to touch the bud that was right next to the rope. I mean actually handle it and grasp it in order to get the rope off.

NOW I understand what everyone talks about when they say dense, hard, nugget. Up until this point I have been very , VERY careful not to brush against the buds of either plant because I didn't want any resin to rub off. That also meant ... no touching them with my fingers. If I had to handle them I always touched the stems.
So, when I handled the bud last night, it felt heavy, hard and very sticky. I squeezed a little and there wasn't any of the "give" that one would expect from a plant. Just a hard, sticky ...nugget, for lack of a better word. Almost like a rock. :yoinks:

I know I said somewhere in a post yesterday that I didn't expect the buds to be dense.
Well, I stand corrected and have learned to check before I say what something is or isn't. :bat:

Btw, I'm at the point, now, where that saying "If you think it's done, wait another week" applies. :yummy: lmao.

So far it's only the smaller plant I'm worried about since her buds are so dense. The taller plant has looser, lighter, fluffier buds.

So, now. Do I need to be concerned about mold at this stage?
The buds aren't huge, but they are moist and sticky and I'm sure mold doesn't need alot to get started. Humidity never goes over 60% and temps stay between 62-72 degrees now that the days are cooler.
I think my theory about my closet being cooler in the winter is gonna prove correct, which means there will definitely be a winter grow going. Hopefully, I've learned enuff during this first grow to have a decent enuff harvest from the next grow to hold me until the end of the summer. At least until the days aren't so muggy and humid, making my closet temps soar.

:pointlaug yea right. LoL.

OK, that's it for now. Everyone have a booooooooootifulll Halloween. With some bootiful buds. :D

Take care and be well. :wave:

Buddy

G

hey Bud...hot damn! You got things goin' ON in there! :D

Now first off...since I was too stupid or too stoned to ask on page 1 about whether or not the bagseed for both plants was from the same bag....and you don't know, we will now safely assume that you have two entirely different plants from two unrelated seeds :D Big one is heavy sativa dominant, small one is I'd say a 60/40 indica dom hybrid. Sativa dominant plants produce fluffier buds, indica dominant plants produce tighter buds. Pure sativas usually produce long very airy buds, pure indicas usually produce rock hard golf ball shaped buds.

So let's get to long tall Sally first. She's a heavy sativa dominant and she ain't gonna be finishing anytime soon IMO....which means I give her a month to chop, from the looks of the pics, give or take a week. You will be the judge of that, my dear....by now you know what to look for. The fact she's starting to plump the buds up is good news for sure :yes: and I can see from your pics that she's doin' just fine *....Indigo pretends she didn't see all that clawing....*. Wanna know somethin'? You gonna have some big-ass donkey dicks on that one when she's done :D Give her another shot of some good flowering nutes, if she's on just water. It'll help her along, and you'll still have time for flushing.

That rope got a chuckle outta me :biglaugh:. Its what you might call "overkill" LOL! I use a hemp twine to train my plants, but any cord will do, preferably natural fiber, you don't want that polyester/nylon stuff, it doesn't "give" and its best to use something with a minimum of elasticity to it. The nylon won't hurt them though, don't worry! If you train them earlier on, veg or early flower, you'll give the side branches time to grow and reach main cola height. If you do it too late in flower, its fine to control height issues, but the plant has slowed down/stopped lateral and vertical growth to work on the buds.

Some strains develop buds so large that they simply can't hold the weight of them, and will need to be tied to avoid that the branches snap or the plant keels over. Keep that in mind. I've seen pics of some plants that looked to be the center of some weird, crazy spider web, there were so many strings tied to keep the branches from breaking!

Now on to the little one....she's almost ready, huh? Make sure you have alot of airflow among and around the branches, keep your fan on, even at night if you're really worried about the mold, but 60% humidity is OK....50% humidity is best for mold prone varieties, but we don't know what variety she is, do we? :D Seems like she doesn't have alot of leaves on her, so things should be just fine Bud.
Don't use the density of the buds to judge whether or not its time to chop....plain ignore that. Size and density of the buds can indicate that they're getting close to being done, but you'll never be able to gauge from how they feel as to whether or not they're ready. You have your handy dandy scope now....you'll use that to judge when she's ready.

You'll be glad to know that your winter grow will be so much more trouble free with temps dropping. :D

Since we walked through this first grow of yours together, I want to comment something. I think your single biggest mistake in this grow, and something you need to pay much attention to, is your tendency to overdo the nutes. Hope that helps, I think you'll need to pay particular attnetion to that on your next grow. By now you've learned when to upsize your pots, when your plants need water and when they need to be left alone....you learned a shitload of stuff Bud! Ain't you the one! :D Maybe its time for you to try your hand at something other than bagseed.....think I'll be shootin' ya a pm..... :smile:

Happy Halloween to ya Bud! Hope you have a blast, and I'm still here! The show ain't over just yet :wink:

budhownd

Hay Indi! :wave:

So let's get to long tall Sally first. She's a heavy sativa dominant and she ain't gonna be finishing anytime soon IMO....which means I give her a month to chop, from the looks of the pics, give or take a week.

A month?!?!? WoW. LoL. Well, I'm just glad she's plumping up. I'd kinda written her off as being heavily seeded since she wasn't keeping up with the smaller one. Boy am I glad I was wrong.
I'm also noticing her trichs are starting to ..... um... grow?? Meaning, at first they were kind of like lil bumps on the leaf, now the stalks of the trichomes are beginning to elongate, so that they have that golf ball on a tee appearance. MAN, this scope is great. I go in the closet to look at them both at least four or five times a night after I get home from work. It's great! :woohoo:

*....Indigo pretends she didn't see all that clawing....*.

:redface: Yea. Thank Superthrive for that. I gotta get rid of that stuff. I use it mostly for foliar feeding during veg but I put just a lil into the water about 2 or so weeks ago and the clawing happened. It says it's just a nutrient, but damn, it causes clawing so out tha door it's going. :badday:

Wanna know somethin'? You gonna have some big-ass donkey dicks on that one when she's done

Ya think so??? I thought her buds would just get a bit less fluffy, but that they wouldn't be big. LoL. It's kinda crazy how I'm thinking all kinds of shit is going wrong and they you come in and let me know it's ok. :D

That rope got a chuckle outta me :biglaugh:. Its what you might call "overkill" LOL!

I got that rope at the dollar store before I even germed my seeds. I thought I'd be using it as part of a homemade pulley system for my light. LoL. I'm not sure where to get hemp twine from. Hardware store?? Hmmm.. I'll ask around. If I can't find that, I'll check into natural fiber rope. :chin:

If you do it too late in flower, its fine to control height issues

That's mostly what I had to use it for, especially after I double potted the girls. The taller one's main cola would be past the light if she weren't tied down.
They were more flexible than I initially thought. Especially, when I did it the way you suggested, and threaded it thru the hole in the pot first then slowly pulled her over. I can get a better feel for the tension in the stem that way.

Some strains develop buds so large that they simply can't hold the weight of them, and will need to be tied to avoid that the branches snap or the plant keels over. Keep that in mind.

Whoa ho ho. Wait til you see the next pics. Just this morning I had to tie some of the branches up cuz they were bending so much I thought they were gonna snap. Actually, I started tying last weekend when I noticed they were really sagging and finished up the larger branches this morning. Now all that's left untied are the lil lower clawy branches and some of them will probably need it before it's all said and done.

Don't use the density of the buds to judge whether or not its time to chop....plain ignore that.

No no, I just noticed that they were alot denser than I thought they were. Which is why I almost went into a bahonkin hissy fit, cuz that's when the thought of mold crossed my mind and I knew I hadn't asked anything about mold and didn't know what to do to get a jump on preventing it. :redface:

I think your single biggest mistake in this grow, and something you need to pay much attention to, is your tendency to overdo the nutes.

That's soooooooooooo way true. I still haven't fully learned how to just let the plants be and let them tell me when they need something. I'm still way too proactive. :(

Maybe its time for you to try your hand at something other than bagseed.....think I'll be shootin' ya a pm..... :smile:

:yoinks: a PM from the Mentor. Shit, that's like a handful of Skittles fun packs on Halloween. (the housemate bought 4 bags of candy and not ONE kid showed up. IT'S MINE! ALL MINE!!) :D

Something other than bagseed?? Really?? Ya think? Hmmmm..... I thot I'd have to go thru at least another two bagseed grows before you would even consider me to be slightly ready for something other than bageseed.

I kinda look at it from a mafioso point of veiw. LoL.
Before ya become a made man, ya gotta make yer bones. Bagseed grows are my way of makin my bones in tha canna-cultivating world.
It's my time to learn and solve problems with free genetics that, to some, are considered inferior anyway. That way when I finally do plunk down money for "good" beans, I won't be doin dumb stuff like overwatering, or not recognizing the signs of the plant being rootbound, or misdiagnosing a bug infestation for somthing else. You know, the stuff that for ya'll is child's play, but for us newbies can destroy an entire grow. I'd be mad if I paid for good genes, then destroyed my entire grow cuz of some dumb shit that I could have prevented.

BUT if you think I'm ready, I'm not gonna argue with ya! :woohoo:

:woohoo: !!!!!!!!

Happy Halloween to ya Bud! Hope you have a blast, and I'm still here! The show ain't over just yet :wink:

I'm hoping yer still gonna be here. I still need lots an lots of help. I don't know how to do this stuff by myself yet. :/

I know I've said it before, but I have to say once again, thank you, Indigo. Thank you for your patience and your guidance, not to mention the vast wealth of knowlege you have imparted.

I had to take the day off to eat some of this Halloween candy, so while the girls are asleep, I'm gonna go get wired off of some good ol' fashioned refined sugar. :D

Have a great day and thanks for the compliments to my grow, couldn't have done it without you! :wave:

peace, love, and hair grease

G

Mornin' Bud! Not a whole lot of time this morning, so I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Yea. Thank Superthrive for that. I gotta get rid of that stuff. I use it mostly for foliar feeding during veg but I put just a lil into the water about 2 or so weeks ago and the clawing happened. It says it's just a nutrient, but damn, it causes clawing so out tha door it's going.
You and I need to get a few things straight about nutes and additives, Bud. I think you're still not too clear on how they work and how they should be used.

- First thing you need to know and remember: ALL nutrients are fertilizers of some sort, and ALL of them can and will cause overfert if used improperly. Doesn't matter if on the label it says its nourishing, good for your plants, the bomb ass product of the year that will make your buds as big as baseball bats, will keep them green, pretty, huge, completely crystallized in trichs.....too much is not a good thing, ever....and bottom line is that if you give them too much of any of these things, or too often, your plants will be overfertilized.

- Foliar feeding versus feeding in the waterings is fine, but if you do one, you don't do the other, unless its to help the plant have some readily available trace element or micronute in case of a deficiency. For example, you may be fertilizing normally, through waterings, but your plants get a bad magnesium or iron deficiency. The quickest way to solve the problem is through foliar feeding (the leaves will absorb nutes faster than the roots), so you'd make a weak solution of epsom salts and water, or chelated iron and water, and foliar feed with that for three days. In this case its ok. But you can't fertilize or give a plant additives both through foliar feeding and watering at the same time as part of a normal feeding regimen. You'll risk overfert....which is exactly what happened.

Organics will also burn your plants if you use too much. You don't want to fert more than once every 10 days or so, at the very MOST once a week, but some strains just can't handle too much.

That's it for the nutes chapter.

I hadn't asked anything about mold and didn't know what to do to get a jump on preventing it.
Good air flow and trimming of excess leaves if the strain is very leafy :wink:

Before ya become a made man, ya gotta make yer bones. Bagseed grows are my way of makin my bones in tha canna-cultivating world.
I can relate to that point of view, I also think people should start from the bottom up, but store-bought genetics have some advantages for the newbie grower. First and foremost, they'll know more or less what to expect as far as size, flowering time, and results go. They'll also be able to consult other people's threads for a comparison, get an idea of eventual particular problems or necessities of a strain, etc. Bagseed won't do that for you, as you've seen. There are lots of genetics out there, some of which are very very pricey, others which are perfect for those starting out, in reliability, price, and results which can be more than satisfactory. Nirvana is by far the cheapest of them all, and has a nice selection from which to choose. For something on a higher level, BOG's genetics are reasonably priced, boutique class genetics, and excellent for new growers...and the list goes on...

Don't ever ask me about bugs Bud....up until now (and crossing my fingers) I have never had any problems with any kind of parasite....the only bugs I've seen in my grow ever are some harmless gnats...that's it. :D

Bud....YOU'RE WELCOME! :D Its my pleasure to help you out....got one more sistah representing now, and damn, if that ain't worth it all, what is?

Gotta go now....you have a nice day Bud :smile:

G

Morning Gals:wave: BUD you gots budS!.. :wink: WoW what an advendure you two have had... I am looking forward to budhownds next grow so much:D hell, even I've learned a thing or two off this thread... however I did see one thing that I think I can help with... :D
Don't ever ask me about bugs Bud....up until now (and crossing my fingers) I have never had any problems with any kind of parasite....the only bugs I've seen in my grow ever are some harmless gnats...that's it.
Bugs!.. lol.. yea, girl if ya think ya got bugs talk to me... We have been through a few different kinds of pests and are constantly doing preventative neeming to make sure that they don't come back.. Some can be seen by the webs they make and some cannot... Looks like everything else has just about been covered:yes:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Count yourself lucky that you don't have mice! We were in the Cannabis College in Amsterdam on saturday and got told that they have mice :yoinks: They like the bark of the stems so they had to wrap the bottom foot or so in tin foil to keep them away :bat: :pointlaug

Must admit that it looks real funny though :D

G

yea, had mice get into the Grat3fulDad's shed and chomp on some stalk... Lost a few plants and had to set out traps! :yoinks: They likey the Green... :canabis: