What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ireland to decriminalise small amount of drugs

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...caine-and-cannabis-for-personal-a6719136.html

Ireland will move towards decriminalising substances including heroin, cocaine and cannabis as part of a “radical cultural shift”, the country's drugs minister has said.

Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, the chief of Ireland’s National Drugs Strategy, told a lecture at the London School of Economics on Monday that drug users will be able to inject in specially designated rooms in Dublin from next year.

The minister said attitudes to drugs needed to move away from shaming addicts to helping them and emphasised there was a difference between legalisation and decriminalisation.

It would remain a crime to profit – from either the sale or distribution of illegal drugs – but drug takers would no longer be criminalised for their addictions.

“I am firmly of the view that there needs to be a cultural shift in how we regard substance misuse if we are to break this cycle and make a serious attempt to tackle drug and alcohol addiction,” said Mr Ó Ríordáin.

However, while Mr O Ríordáin told The Irish Times that there was a “strong consensus that drugs across the board should be decriminalised,” he said it would be for Ireland’s next government to discuss.

His comments follow a leaked report from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, appearing to call for a worldwide decriminalisation on 19 October.

The report was reportedly withdrawn after at least one nation put pressure on the international body to bury the findings of Dr Monica Beg, chief of the HIV/AIDs section of the UNODC in Vienna.

Discussing plans to open ‘injection rooms’ Mr Ó Ríordáin said they would be “clinically controlled environments” that would aim to prevent already vulnerable individuals from exposing themselves to further risks.

He added: “Research has shown that the use of supervised injecting centres is associated with self-reported reductions in injecting risk behaviours.”

Following the opening of the Dublin clinic, the minster added he hoped similar rooms in Cork, Glaway and Limerick would also open.

el6magiko

hgo i am sorry to bother you here but i don't know how to contact you other than on this freshest post,would you be so kind and contact me private please if i'm not asking too much, i have a few questions about your vertical coco setup,thanks

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
That's great news HGO, I'll be over for a visit as soon as this is sorted:woohoo::woohoo:

How's tricks mate?

el6magiko

hello i am so happy you contacted me you made my da,but i dont know how to answer but here.So i have a few questions left.
1)because of situation here where i live clones are either poor quality and theres not alot of choice so im going from seed,now i know how you start 2l 3,5 and 6,5,now i would like to know if i would go 0,1l,0,2l,0,5l,1l,2l,3,5l,6,5l would be ok to go froom seed?or can you advise me better?
2)what feeding should i go from seed?im doing house and garden nutes.
3)Should i measure ph runoff, or is not needed,and how do you measure it?
4)i saw you are using fast flow drippers could you point me to which one.
5)i saw what i thought your flowers are cut on one side(no branches)?when do you do this?
6)now this one has nothing to do with vert coco but,i have rhino pro 125x300 filter which says 500m3/h and i have ruck fan 150mm which says it has 420m3/h i think this will be ok what do you think?and because of diameter difference i had to buy reducer but now i got it(i bought 125-150)and diameters are the same as fan and filter its not like male female.Is this ok or not?thank you for your time and patience,stay safe.

Nup

Thanks for sharing, i'm happy this is happening (although surprised tbh).

Hopefully things will go ahead smoothly :)

Latest posts

Latest posts