Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Hanging buds top side up

Thread Title Search
Hanging buds top side up Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2018, 10:23 PM #1
Reaper

Reaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the rough
Hanging buds top side up

I would like to hang my buds this way, instead of the usual 'head down, bottoms up'.
I believe that this will make dry trimming later on easier, as leaves theoretically will not be so close to the bud.
Has anyone tried this?
I have a massive harvest ready in one month and need to figure out 1. if this is worth doing
2 how best to do this (what to use to hang the buds)

Any input will be appreciated
Reaper is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 10:28 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Go for it and report back
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:39 PM #3
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I'd try with clothes pins or big paper clips over string, but I think the branches will and up flipping over or falling off by the time they are dry...
I try to leave branch splits, so I dont have to use a bud to hang it...
I also think there would be lots of handling to do it the way you wanna hang em... where the traditional way the buds easily hang off the string using a branch or bud to hold it up.. hope this makes sense
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 AM #4
purplepassion

purplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nice
I tried this because I had a triminator mini dry, I used ornament hooks to accomplish it. Ps triminator mini dry sucks a bag of dicks.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:09 AM #5
Reaper

Reaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the roughReaper is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepassion View Post
I tried this because I had a triminator mini dry, I used ornament hooks to accomplish it. Ps triminator mini dry sucks a bag of dicks.
Can you tell us about your experience hanging the buds this way? Was it worth the time, ie did it make it easier to dry trim your buds afterwards?
And what did you use to hang the buds?

MrBungle, the paper clips are a good idea
Reaper is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 02:31 AM #6
Cantharellus

Cantharellus will become famous soon enoughCantharellus will become famous soon enoughCantharellus will become famous soon enough
I would use a strip of cardboard with slits cut down one edge every 10-15cm depending on bud size. I am sure from seeing your previous grows all the way back to when you first posted on the internet they will be huge. Then make a rack to hold the cardboard strips. when you slide the stem in the cardboard will hold it tight. Pizza boxes would work good I would think...Also if the bud touches the cardboard it will absorb the moisture so reduces the risk of mold.

You are a fucking hero dude.
Cantharellus is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 02:55 AM #7
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Ive posted previously on this topic, usually referred to as the "Raisin Cure". There's some details back there, but the gist is that the buds do dry in a more open configuration that is unusual and sometimes appealing. Hand trimming can yield particularly stunning results, but a machine is going to want to chew off much more niceness than a standard hung crop.
The downside is that the buds tend to look Larfy and leave a lot of shake in a bag situation. Kinda tough to market in a commercial atmosphere...
prune is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:01 AM #8
Cantharellus

Cantharellus will become famous soon enoughCantharellus will become famous soon enoughCantharellus will become famous soon enough
that makes sense. Gravity.
Cantharellus is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 06:12 AM #9
GuerrillaRed

GuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really niceGuerrillaRed is just really nice
That makes me paranoid since I've had the borg appear in my drying room before. When the branches are top down, the borg will just settle at the top of the branches and won't bother the buds making it incredibly easy to deal with these little fucks.

I imagine an absolute nightmare would transpire if you hang top up and that happened.

Just my first thought when reading through this. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:56 PM #10
p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepassion View Post
can you give more detail on your Triminator dry mini experience? i have been looking to add one to the arsenal.

IG @square_root_pharms
p0opstlnksal0t is offline Quote