What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

NENugger

Dufous great to hear you love the BH. I have one almost ready for chop indoors and 4 of its clones outside

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Mid July.

picture.php

NENugger

Zeez your garden looks amazing. Very organized. Better still, the plants look quite happy and healthy.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thanks NENugger.

In the pic, the one on the back, right side is a GG4. She's a big girl standing better than 5' now.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
They took the storms we had very well. Glad I was trellis`d this year as last year I was tying plants up in a storm. They are growin well and seem to have less leave chewing going on. Gonna spray some jacks tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

caliprop215

Veteran
The growth rate on your plant is quick. It was just a few weeks ago those tging were small all past the trash can now.good job

NENugger

Surprise, I guess I set a plant here right before taking it inside to chop. Unknown cross of Purplebud, Durban and Orient Express

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
A buddy was telling me about the bud rot last year. He says it is from tiny caterpillars that eat their way inside the plant.Anybody got a handle on this?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Is a greenhouse the way to avoid them? I would do a hoop house now if I thought it would prevent failure.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Sorry about sideways pics. When I upload from IPad to Computer it doesnt flip them right side up. Oh well. You get the jist.

Pharaohs Kush #1 -
picture.php

Headbanger x AncientOG -
picture.php

11x - Hammers Kush and 1x- GG4
picture.php

4x - Blue Dreams
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Is a greenhouse the way to avoid them? I would do a hoop house now if I thought it would prevent failure.

Moths land on your plants and lay eggs. when they hatch, its a caterpillar the size of an eyelash. They are green and its crazy hard to see them. Especially if your eyesight isnt what it used to be in our younger years.

You can spray Thuracide or BT on your plants to kill them, but the best thing to do is to inspect every budsite and pick them outa the buds before they cause to much damage.

If you see a sugar leaf on your bud that looks funny, peel the bud apart and if you see tiny black dots, its poop. Keep searching for that caterpillar....its in there!
Cut away any rot that was caused by the cats' and continue everyday to look for them.
They will burrow into your main stem and start to eat their way to the top cola and kill the whole top of the plant.
A hoop house will prevent the moths from landing on them and laying eggs, but also make it hard to inspect your girls and the humidity would rise significantly. Its a catch 22 it would seem.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The 11x-Hammers Kush, 5x-Blue Dream, and 3x-GG4 are from clone.

The 2x-Headbanger x AncientOG, 3-Sir*Cough*A*Gas, 2-Pharaohs Kush, and 2-Dragons Blood x AncientOG are from seed.

the seed plants are doing better than the clones for me.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm still thinking about those caterpillars.

What do you think about a bug zapper? Draw those moths in with the light and fry 'em.

OGDW Looking good brother. Right side up too. :biggrin:

picture.php

Last edited:

dufous

Bug zappers draw in more bugs than they kill.

What you want is for all of your neighbors to have bug zappers.

Draw them out of your yard.

What do you think about a bug zapper? Draw those moths in with the light and fry 'em.

deeznugz

I have no idea,last year was our first year outdoors. I had 3 monsters in a guerilla plot in the middle of the woods that got hit by the catarpillars. I had one plant I put out much later in the back yard that one didn't didn't get touched by anything.

I think the common sense approach would just be to keep the weed plants away for other vegetation. I don't think a greenhouse is a magic bullet but it might be a deterrent to some things. Our greenhouse is 10x12 with solid walls. I think it was under 400$ from wayfair. The problem is the gh runs about 20 degrees hotter then outside temps it's a learning experience for sure.
If you are thinking of getting an inexpensive gh while in MA, make sure you get one that is rated for the snow loads foe your town...I know plenty of people who were forced to remove them solely for that reason...I know this state very well...

Latest posts

Latest posts