What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I reckon the best way to say thanks for the tutorial, is to show you a picture of my rig, it 's been running for a month now, no leaks. These girls are at three weeks, in my modified system, I call Tides.
H

V

vaprpig

Haps, How is that insulation working on the buckets? Do you use a chiller as well? Thanks

Bignugget, Just looking through catalogs and online I found Wormsway has the cheapest 3/4" e/f fill fitting. 4 something each.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Cool running, no chiller needed. One pump cycle is 15 min, the other is 45, neither seems to heat the water to any noticable degree.
H

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
You could just use barbed fittings, well sealed, that is my intent for future system designs. I ended up just sealing the shit out of the expensive ones, to be sure, and realized they were a waste of money, for me. My buckets just have barbed fittings sealed that way. Just a thought sinse you are seeking alternatives.
H

Hey. Just wanted to say thanks to blaze for the peace of mind on the tubing, and to vap for the tip on wormsway - their 3/4" fill/drain fittings are actually only $2.40 a piece. I just ordered all the parts I'll need to put together an eight bucket system. All the tubing and fittings ended up being about $140. Now for the hard part - waiting for all my sweet new gear to show up so I can play with it!

V

vaprpig

Yeah, sorry on that $4 price there. Bignugget is right about BGHydro, 1.50 for the 3/4" e/f fitting and .45 for the screen.

Who's got the cheapest price on tubing? The flexible vinyl stuff.

Frozenguy

Veteran
hey guys.. I am really liking this system..

What plant numbers would you recomend for 850 watts? (600hps/250mh)?

What sqft would you recomend? It will be in a cab..

I was thinking of doing six plants and vegging them for about 30 days? maybe I should tweak it? I would need each plant to produce 5 ounces to get a g/watt..

Total Cost?

Total Cost?

Went through the 20 pages of posts but couldnt find the cost for this system. maybe was just too stoned and missed it, but like it a lot and want to make a similar one but what is the cost for all the parts, buckets, pumps,etc. that was spend, blazeoneup?
thanx great tutorial

MID TOWN

" what is the cost for all the parts,"

That's kind of up to you. It depends how large your system is, where you buy your parts, ect.

plumpm0nkey

about 2-300$ fittings aint cheap.

hydrotron, nets, diffusers, nutes, ect.. but once its there its there. im really dissapointed with those air wands that are bendy, they seem to clog easily.

I agree, all plastic hydro fittings and tubings are expensive as hell! One shop has good prices for example on grommets, but then twice the price on barbed fittings... :bashhead: Kinda wish there would be a way to get everything cheap heh
MIDTOWN, when I asked for the "total cost of the system", I was referring to the total cost of blaze's system, just like was depicted in his tutorial... Maybe I should have been more clear, but I know that when I built a 2 bucket recirculating system that cost will vary significantly from a 12 bucket recirculating system... ;)

green_machine

Great tute mate! Couldn't be clearer! :headbange

Have you ever felt the need for an overflow line below the air line? Or bigger buckets?

I think it's fantastic that you felt bothered to go to all the effort you have put in to do this thread.

Cheers & stay safe,

green_machine :wave:

thanks midtown and pureknowledge, thats definitely out of my budget. I guess large systems like this run for AT LEAST 500usd whether bought in a store or customized and built by oneself. hmm I just keep my old bucket going for now heh..Good luck with building that sys pureknowledge and dont forget to post pics about updates ;)

V

vaprpig

For those not worried about price and just worried about functionality, Botanicare has some very nice looking but expensive new 1/2 and 3/4 barbed fittings called Spinlocks.

http://www.americanagritech.com/product/product_detail.asp?ID=10&pro_id_pk=62

They have a collar on each end of the fitting that you turn to compress down on the tubing and locking it in place. Just a cleaner look without the hassle of hose clamps.

The question is do they leak? Anyone want to kick down and try them out? I think they were about 3-4 dollars a piece.

shotgun420

blazeoneup can u help a newbie

blazeoneup can u help a newbie

:cuss: :cuss: hey blazeoneup I'm new an would like to know if their is a
another way u can get that tutorial for the dwc to view offline

shotgun420

hey! hey blazeoneup would like to know if their is another way a newbie can get that tutorial to view offline . because I don't hav 50 or more post, DAMN THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

iriebowl

very detailed tut. nice work on this looks like it took a while editing all the pics, but it makes it alot easier for people to see what your talking about.

stay irie

Latest posts

Latest posts