What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Classic Seeds... the long road...

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
picture.php

...romulan x romulan max... i purchased these eggs very excited to discover they came from federation seed stock... i cracked 4... they all sprouted in 24 hours...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

due to my not understanding the cation exchange buffer of coco i've burned my last 4 sets of seedlings... including these rom's. :wallbash:

apparently coco needs to be pre-loaded with several macro and micro nutrients or it will take them from the seedlings... causing extreme burning and stunting... i've since solved the problem by pre-flushing extremely with CaMg and PBP bloom mixed 1:1 at 200ppm... vigorous, non-stunted sprouts from now on...

this is 3 of them recovering .... unfortunately # 4 didn't pull through.

picture.php

i contacted Classic Seeds through PM to ask about the romulans dreaded nute sensitivity and discovered a truly honest, sharing person behind the name... i'll be growing multiple hybrids, several plants at time... and taking lots of pictures...
my long road with Classic Seeds... :whee:

picture.php

....g13 x oaxaca = afgfhan = fuel x lebonese.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey bro general glad to see your next project, very interesting strain as usual from you eh eh, your baby lookin very nice in this first days of life sure you do a great job , i'll be watching closely the progress and if this baby that get burn they turn out beaty like other so keep it up man !!!

S

sm0k4

due to my not understanding the cation exchange buffer of coco i've burned my last 4 sets of seedlings... including these rom's. :wallbash:

apparently coco needs to be pre-loaded with several macro and micro nutrients or it will take them from the seedlings... causing extreme burning and stunting... i've since solved the problem by pre-flushing extremely with CaMg and PBP bloom mixed 1:1 at 200ppm... vigorous, non-stunted sprouts from now on...

this is 3 of them recovering .... unfortunately # 4 didn't pull through.

i contacted Classic Seeds through PM to ask about the romulans dreaded nute sensitivity and discovered a truly honest, sharing person behind the name... i'll be growing multiple hybrids, several plants at time... and taking lots of pictures...
my long road with Classic Seeds... :whee:

I just started up in Coco and only used CalMag to pre-treat. Using Botanicare coco(not bricks). Is it just N we are worried about or all nutes?

I hope my first round doesn't stunt and die. First seedling just popped out of the coco yesterday.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
You pre treated with cal mag. They'll be fine... cycle water till they have an establishedd root system than drain to waste daily... you cant over water coco...

i only lost one in 4 runs of 4... thought i was feeding to soon ...
:dunno: took me that long to figure it out...

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hey bro i just dropped by to wish all the best and good luck on this journal and a million thanks for taking the time to do one aloha classic seeds

epicseeds

what kind of coco were you using? was it the bricks? I was under the assumption that quality brands such as canna coco do not need to be pre-treated.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Classic... very cool to see you here bro...

epicseeds... i think my coco was too flushed for sprouts... was sucking the life out of them... hasn't happened my last 2 germs that were flushed at 0.5 ec with camag and bloom nutes...

rom x rom max... i want 'the terminator' here up front to be a male... thick, gnarly stem... one of these girls gets flipped next...

picture.php

g13 x oaxaca = afgfhan = fuel x lebonese....

picture.php

picture.php

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
bobby... Jare... thnx for stopping in for a look...

well... the terminator is a girl... so are the other 2... :wallbash:

i may be jumping the gun on one.. so still a slight chance of a male...

rom x rom max... she gonna flip in a week or two...

picture.php

classic... can i expect much stretch from these rom girls...?

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice. I'm thinking i should pick up some CLS beans before it's too late.
Good luck with the Roms.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Tagged for sure...i was just looking at them beans half an hour ago, saying to myself:"You oughta get a pack or two..theres gold in there!".

Stay Safe

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Looking healthy as can be General :good: tasty looking babies. I have a quick question or two, maybe I should address it to CS :D if he'd be so kind? Was the Rom Max the stud here? What's it's genealogy? Thanks ~

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
picture.php

...here is my first rom x rom max girl to hit the flower tent ...this is right before moving her into a 5gl. smart pot.

she's about 18" and one of the 2 fastest growers i have in veg ..right on par with my dog cut. unfortunately didn't pull a male in the first 3 eggs ...:wallbash:

zep i believe i read somewhere the stud was a tri-foliate rom max male ...classic, please correct me if i'm wrong. can you also break down the genetics behind the g13 x oaxoca =x afghani = fuel x lebanese ...not sure if i got all that right ...they're now feeding and starting to grow...:whee:

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hi zeppelindood and generalgrevious you got the romulan right it was a three limbed male of the romulanmax that was the dad and the mom was the regular romulan they <federation> offered long before the max probably was a romulan joe thats where most of canada got there romulan way back when.

the g-13 female was bred to a short internode oaxaca male and the results from that were bred to a female afghan plant from khyber pass area and lebanese male that showed no female traites through its flowering cycle .these 2 crosses were bred to each other with the g-13 x oaxaca being the female and the afghan x lebanese being the male .

some should have nice colors no guarantees but the afghan and the lebanese are known for other than allways finishing green as is the highland oaxaca it turns purple in the mountians where it is grown unlike the lowland which stays green .the 2 i grew of the breeding reminded me of afgooey but with far thicker branches so they needed no stakes but real sticky and semi sweet hazy start with that hashy exhale like a true gooey which my old friend marcos breeds still to this day its his baby and he uses afghan and maui wowie the "real one" to make it but he will not back cross to afghan agian to get a stronger stem thats his call

me i hate nets grabbing my water buckets spout and poles sticken me in the ass when i am watering so will be breeding his afgooey with a afghan back crossing when i get around to doing them for seed bay and the boutique i will use a sweet one so it does not loose that killer one of a kind taste it has .reckond i will have to do some regulars too for the purists who would bitch if they were a horse thief hung with a silk rope sitten on a pillow instead of a sattle .

your plants looks great i love those pumpkins ! squash and pumpkins are two of my favorite vegtables ,they beat a potatoes hands down in my book at least at dinner time aloha and thanks for your journal bro aloha classic seeds

Latest posts

Latest posts