Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > I give. How do I search for a specific string of words?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
I give. How do I search for a specific string of words? Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2017, 08:07 AM #1
stewart169

stewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the rough
I give. How do I search for a specific string of words?

How do I search a specific word string? Such as "liquid bone meal" ??
I have tried using the asterisk bracketing the words as well as the quotation marks and using the + symbol between each word with no spaces.
I do use this kind of function on other software but I throw myself on the mercy of the board.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:58 PM #2
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
I can't help you. Everytime I try to search it takes me to the mobile home page.

Maybe search Google with your search words followed by site:icmag.com,ic.

I'm sure Skip will help you out.
Lester Beans is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:04 PM #3
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud of
What Lester says

Google search does a lot more than most people think, he showed how to make Google just search this site... and what you already did putting the string in double inverted commas makes it search "for a specific string"

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:32 PM #4
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nicePoweredByLove is just really nice
click advanced search and then put your query in "quotes like this"

Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
site:icmag.com + "" FTW I've been using external search engines to datamine icmag for years.Save
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 07:49 PM #6
Cannavore

Cannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant future
i too use google + site:icmag.com + your search

@bodhiguide & @thacannavore = Instagram
Cannavore is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 12:49 AM #7
stewart169

stewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
site:icmag.com + "" FTW I've been using external search engines to datamine icmag for years.Save
This works on google like a champ. Thanks! The advanced search here does not for word strings no matter what for me.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:33 PM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
This works on google like a champ. Thanks! The advanced search here does not for word strings no matter what for me.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote