Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Better strain for vertical Original Glue or death star

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
Better strain for vertical Original Glue or death star Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 AM #1
borntoinsulate

borntoinsulate is on a distinguished road
Better strain for vertical Original Glue or death star

Hi All
Getting ready to go vertical for the first time and I'm totally stoked. I just saw a run of Original Glue and death star and have clones from them. They were done horizontally. The Original Glue is bedtime weed and the death star was more energetic. Both were killer.
The Original Glue was taller and the death star was shorter and more compact. I would say the Original Glue was more suited for vertical growing. But the death star totally smoked the Original Glue weight wise.
I only have 8 spots in my garden. I'm leaning towards 8 death star and 0 Original Glue. I like the variety of 2 killer strains but I'm going for weight. It just seems like a crime to let the Original Glue go lol.
Can a shorter compact indica strain do well in a vertical situation? Anyone have experience with either strain on a vertical setup?
Thanks in advance
Will
borntoinsulate is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 01:53 AM #2
borntoinsulate

Original Glue not original glue

Old 10-11-2017, 01:58 AM #3
borntoinsulate

Can't type in gorrillaglue for some reason lol

Old 10-12-2017, 12:37 AM #4
digging

digging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura about
I am very interested in the results you will get with the glue in a vertical lighting format.

What wattage bulbs will you be hanging vertically, and how many bulbs around each glue tree ?
digging is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 PM #5
borntoinsulate

Hi
Im using 315 cmh bulbs. I haven't determined the number of bulbs yet. Hopefully 4. Gonna do vertical scrog screens behind 5 gallon hempy buckets. I have tall ceilings. Plant count hasnt been determined yet.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:31 PM #6
Bmac1

Bmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud of
Ive not grown deathstar but the vigor and branching of the glue makes her a prime candidate.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Ongoing adventure
Bmac1 is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM #7
borntoinsulate

Hey Bmac
I just saw a run off deathstar and the glue side by side. Thats where i got my clones. The only problem is the death star smoked the glue weight wise. The death star averaged 3 zips per plant and the glue averaged 2 zips per plant. The glue was weak and fell over and definitely needed staking. Also the buds on the glue was loose and sort of foxtaialed. Both were top shelf smoke for sure. Maybe I'll end up doing 75% ds and 25% glue??