Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > R.I.P. Tom Petty

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
R.I.P. Tom Petty Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 PM #1
vta

vta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond reputevta has a reputation beyond repute
R.I.P. Tom Petty

So sad! Had the privilege of watching him in concert many times. One of the greatest !

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.

The legendary musician suffered a full cardiac arrest and was found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home Sunday night. He was taken to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and put on life support, reports TMZ.

Petty rose to fame in the 1970s with his band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The group put out several hits, including "American Girl," "Free Fallin'," "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," "Breakdown," "Listen to Her Heart" and more. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

Though Petty and his band debuted their first self-titled record in 1976, they continued to perform over the past four decades. Petty played his last show last Monday, performing three sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl to conclude their 40th anniversary tour. The band wrote on their website that the tour included 53 shows in 24 states.

In December, Petty told Rolling Stone that he thought this would be the group's last tour together. He said, "It's very likely we'll keep playing, but will we take on 50 shows in one tour? I don't think so. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking this might be the last big one. We're all on the backside of our sixties. I have a granddaughter now I'd like to see as much as I can. I don't want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that's a lot of time."

Petty, who released three solo albums and 13 albums with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, also took part in the 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys with Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne. He told Rolling Stone he was hoping to release a deluxe version of his 1994 solo album "Wildflowers" with a bonus disc of unreleased material. He had also hoped to play a special "Wildflowers" tour.

The rocker kept his hands full with his SiriusXM channel, Tom Petty Radio, as well. He personally oversaw the station and had his own interview show called "Tom Talks to Cool People" where he interviewed musicians like Micky Dolenz of the Monkees and former Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

C'mon...You know you want to click this...

American?
Click here...

vta is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 PM #2
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant futureHold Your Fire has a brilliant future
Fuuuuuck no!

RIP to another legend.
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 PM #3
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
holy shit.didnt see that coming.RIP
shithawk420 is online now Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 10:41 PM #4
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of lightmoose eater is a glorious beacon of light
Wow!!

Must be some incredible music being played in the Great Beyond this year; Greg Allman on keyboards, David Bowie on vocals, Tom Petty on vocals and guitar..... and who knows who.

Guess we'll all get to see that show (maybe) eventually..

But as the ages of those passing on gets closer and closer to some of us, looking over the shoulder to see if the Grim Reaper is standing there, becomes more frequent.

RIP
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM #5
toxic hippie

toxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud oftoxic hippie has much to be proud of
Wow rip tom
toxic hippie is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 11:12 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
One of my absolute favorites....sorry to hear the news. Won't back down.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 PM #7
AgentPothead

AgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of lightAgentPothead is a glorious beacon of light
Welp it's definitely a monday. This rip for you Heartbreakers.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:28 PM #8
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Nothing but respect and love for Tom Petty. He was great, and he was 'one of us'. His music and spirit live on!
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 11:41 PM #9
Hermanthegerman

Hermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond reputeHermanthegerman has a reputation beyond repute
Just saw it also. That´s so sad. Some of his Songs where my most favorite Songs.

Into the great wide open,....

Old 10-03-2017, 12:03 AM #10
the gnome

the gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud of
say it ain''t so!!
20min ago i heard on the tom petty sirius radio he had a massive heart attack
but was still hanging on, and now????
jeez being hit by a freight train doesn't compare to this
he was such a fugging monster musician, everyone loved tom and his music.
this is a blue monday

RIP
Tom Petty