Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Touch too much (Zam Hash,MxPCK,OE, Snow Moon)+Purple Mexican+...

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Touch too much (Zam Hash,MxPCK,OE, Snow Moon)+Purple Mexican+... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2016, 12:14 AM #1
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to behold
Touch too much (Zam Hash,MxPCK,OE, Snow Moon)+Purple Mexican+...

Hi guys!

Temperatures have finally dropped a bit,just enough(hope so!) to get started for the first grow of the season(fourth since I started).I was very satisfied from Orient Express and Golden Tiger in my last run,so I got me some more Ace genetics to try.

I decided to start with the hybrids.The Ace girls that I'll try to deliver are : Zamal Hash,Malawi x PCK,Orient Express and Snow Moon.I 'm also running CBG's Purple Mexican.

All except Snow Moon germed in about 36 Hours (OE took 48).Seeing that the SM was n't getting started,I soaked 1 more seed.Last night,I decided to scrape the seed a bit with a nail file.It was succesful(a tiny tip showed),so i did it for the second one and that worked too.I placed them in the 150 ml cups today morning,so maybe I'll be growing two of those !

Thing is that I will be growing 3 TnT Labs' strains along and if only one Snow Moon survives,I will also have an Anesthesia from Pyramid.So,I 'm going for a total of nine plants .The problems start with my grow space.I have a 1x1x2 grow tent(with a 400 w dual for veg and 600 w hps for flowering).I was thinking of giving them 4 or 5 weeks of veg and top the most stretchy ones,leaving the short ones intact.This may sound too ambitious,I know...But I'm a new grower and experimenting with my space,don't be too harsh! Last time I also had 9 plants (dutch sativa doms,OE and GT)in there with 3 weeks veg (6 LST'd and three grown straight) ,and I believe I could have given them 1 more week of veg easy.(following pic is from then )

So,my plan was something like this:
1 week in the little cups
-transplant in 2l pots
2 weeks in 2 l pots
-transplant in 9 or 11 l ,and either LST(some?all?) and veg one more before switch(total 4 weeks veg),or top and wait two more weeks(5 weeks).I was thinking 11 l for the trained ones and 9 l for the untamed.(I have a hunch that I shouldn't leave Zam Hash ,MxPCK and Purple Mexican without training...)

Then switch 12/12 for a month and then 11/13 till the end .

Most will be in coco/perlite or peat/coco/perlite with AN nutes and I might try some Biobizz nutes for the first time on some in the peat mix.

I hope that if all goes well,they will all be done by mid-end January,with some coming from December.So,I was planning to fill the gaps from the harvested girls with new sativa recruits straight in 11/13 from seed(lacking another veg space),as GT,ZMD,Hz/KC and Reina Madre,to end with my indoor adventures in late May to avoid the heatwave.

So,any thoughts about the training or veg time or anything else would be very welcome!(except that I'm a stubborn lad heading for havoc,I already know that!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by Syd Barrett; 09-13-2016 at 01:04 AM..
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:17 AM #2
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to beholdSyd Barrett is a splendid one to behold
Snow Moon needed a little help to push the helmet...All seems well!

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:52 AM #3
somethingGooey

somethingGooey will become famous soon enough
Very nice choice of strains, man. Will be watching this one.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:26 PM #4
orfeas

orfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of lightorfeas is a glorious beacon of light
In the aspirations of a toddler lies the pathos that drives to perfection...
So spoke I recalling journeys into the unknown...

Thanks heaps, mate, for bringing back almost hazy gone memories!

Wish you all the very best with your endeavour!

Orfeas

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:08 PM #5
rlsmooth

rlsmooth will become famous soon enoughrlsmooth will become famous soon enoughrlsmooth will become famous soon enough
Will be watching this one. Managed to mix up my seeds and one of them was zamal hash, so please put alot of pictures from veg phase. I have never done repotting in my previous grows, previously just straight to 11l pots, now I started from 2cl cups and planted to 11l after 6-7days, seems to be too quickly now the growth has stopped but mayby they are developing roots. -.-
rlsmooth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:50 PM #6
Levitationofme

Levitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really niceLevitationofme is just really nice
Im watching.

Like the Piper at the gates of dawn, I will be around

Levitationofme is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 PM #7
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to beholdfarmerlion is a splendid one to behold
Syd Barrett, I'm pulling up a chair. I have 3 packs of the Purple Mexican. Really interested in seeing her grow. Your skill in posting humble me(Big thumbs up). Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2016, 01:16 AM #8
Syd Barrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingGooey View Post
Very nice choice of strains, man. Will be watching this one.
Thank you Gooey!It's really difficult to choose from such a catalogue...At least you can't go wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeas View Post
In the aspirations of a toddler lies the pathos that drives to perfection...
So spoke I recalling journeys into the unknown...

Thanks heaps, mate, for bringing back almost hazy gone memories!

Wish you all the very best with your endeavour!

Orfeas
A unique message from a special friend.May I say the pioneer of Ace growing in Greece?What is certain,is that from your grows I've learned about Dubi's candystore...Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmooth View Post
Will be watching this one. Managed to mix up my seeds and one of them was zamal hash, so please put alot of pictures from veg phase. I have never done repotting in my previous grows, previously just straight to 11l pots, now I started from 2cl cups and planted to 11l after 6-7days, seems to be too quickly now the growth has stopped but mayby they are developing roots. -.-
Hi man!Yes,I've been through the same thing with the mixup and it's a pain...Hope to be of some help.Yes,most of Zam Hash pictures I've seen are from flowering,but maybe I should dig deeper!I almost drowned a couple of plants with excessive watering in my first grow,so since then I always repot.I believe 2-3 days is normal for a plant to stop growing upwards,developing roots like you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitationofme View Post
Im watching.

Like the Piper at the gates of dawn, I will be around

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
Syd Barrett, I'm pulling up a chair. I have 3 packs of the Purple Mexican. Really interested in seeing her grow. Your skill in posting humble me(Big thumbs up). Peace
Hi Farmerlion!Don't make me blush man,I'd prefer growing skills,like yours!Yes,I'm curious about Purple Mexican too ,in pics it sure looks like a yummy herb .Your Zam Hash girls are beautiful,waiting to hear your friends' opinion on the smoke when they're ready...I 'd love to have a Snow Moon with the stem colour of your male !

Last edited by Syd Barrett; 09-14-2016 at 02:51 AM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:43 PM #9
dubi
Vendor

dubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud ofdubi has much to be proud of
Hi Syd Barrett,

Thanks for starting your grow diary.

I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your previous grow with our genetics,
and that you want to explore more of our strains.

If your tent is small maybe consider to veg them for a shorter time, 20 days of proper veg in 3 liter pots should be enough to control their size and get a decent development, then transplant them to 7 or 11 liter pots and switch them to flowering.

Best vibes!
dubi is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM #10
Syd Barrett

Hola Dubi!Thanks for passing by and ,of course ,for your treasured genetics and great customer service!

So,I was planning a transplant for Sunday to 2 l pots(that's what I have,maybe a couple of 3 l, too ).

Would you suggest (and whoever wants, feel welcome to chime in!)

1)topping early(after a week) for two tops (and maybe a bit of tying them later for more-but don't want them to get too wide,no space!)

2) when they get to the 5th node top at 2nd node to aim for four tops with one cut and a more sturdy structure("uncle ben's")?I suppose the second option would require about one more week of veg?

3)grow straight (this scenario is for everything else except MxPCK,Zam Hash and purple mex.They get the scissors or the rope either way ).I'd like to see a big top cola on OE

-When I think about it...I suppose you wouldn't suggest me the third option when you say transplant and flip right away,right?I'm saying this because I was under the impression that flipping just after repotting would cause more stretch...So maybe a way to stretch more a topped ,short plant? Haven't thought about it!

My questions are mostly about the way of topping and (average)estimated time of veg for each,as for flip/transplant/trimming issues, I know it depends more on progress of the plants.

Sorry if I'm rambling...

After 3 days of 24/0 the girls are getting their first hours of sleep,so 18/6 for most of the rest of veg(temps are on the rise again,girls not in their final home yet...In about ten days maybe).

Last edited by Syd Barrett; 09-14-2016 at 08:21 PM..

5 members found this post helpful.