Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > FIRST TIME YOU TRIED COLUMBIAN GOLD ?

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
FIRST TIME YOU TRIED COLUMBIAN GOLD ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2015, 12:47 AM #1
graham12

graham12 will become famous soon enoughgraham12 will become famous soon enough
FIRST TIME YOU TRIED COLUMBIAN GOLD ?

I would just like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this strain of those of you who tried the real deal back in the 60s and 70s when it was popular. Could you possibly describe the high and what you personally loved about this strain ? and also how did it compare to what else you were smoking back then. ? maybe some of you didnt like it. Many thanks.
graham12 is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2015, 02:55 AM #2
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
74/75 - i liked it very much
wasn't around long for the 1 version i am thinking of
probably the sweetest, best feeling high i've ever had
very pretty buds
had a good connection for red tip columbian for quite a while
and that was damn good too, but wasn't as good as the CG

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:01 AM #3
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Ahhh.. That would be 1972

I bought a lid (I thought it was too small)

It was Golden alright, so I took my first toke.

My mouth went dry immediately, my eyes lit up.

It was the first time I got stoned off 1 hit.

Hehe .. Thanks for reminding me.

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:33 AM #4
Grizz

Grizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivor
75, loved the taste but after smoking nothing but mex brick weed about anything would taste good, lol really loved the true gold though, I would love to have it again, man that was a longgggg time ago.good memories.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:20 PM #5
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
'72. Bright gold colored. It was sold under the name Acapulco Gold, but who knows? May well have been grown in Columbia.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:55 PM #6
bigAl25

bigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of lightbigAl25 is a glorious beacon of light
Kept a few buds in a film container in my piece of shit Chrysler TC3. Did not take it out of my glove box when I sent the car in for service. Upon return of auto from Chrysler dealer the Colombian gold was gone. Talk about a bummer. It was beautiful get you going, up high weed. I only lost a few grams, but was never able to find it again from my hairdresser. To the thief at the car dealership: Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and you could have left a $20 bill in the glove box, you asshole.
bigAl25 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 PM #7
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Like joesy says, after all the mex brick of the 60's the influx of Columbian in the early 70's was a welcome relief. In the nyc area we would have new choices every other week, golds, reds, khaki greens - all unique flavors and effects.

Usually, the golds were the most "Sativa" like high with an electric energy that kept you moving, smiling, and humming. Flavors did not approach the florals and fruits we get today with modern amenities, but were still definable amongst themselves in an herbal and spicy manner. A bone would keep you engaged for 1-2 hrs with average usage, and even then was preferred for daytime and sexual use because of it's non-dulling and high-ceiling buzz. At the time it was valued at 35-45oz compared to mex at 20oz.

The other predominant Columbian choice were the reddish strains, which were generally darker, denser, sweeter and stronger in a more hard brick. Some used these as an alcohol substitute, best used at night or in groups. Same price scale and a lot of people preferred these on a bang-for-buck basis.

The popularity and profit of the Columbians encouraged other high quality imports like the jamaicans, panamas, premium mexicans and eventually se asians in the early to mid 70's. All unique and engaging, we loved to smoke and review j after j all night long. Generally the debate centered on the more demonstrable "body" high of the heavier strains vs the questing ethereal energy of the "Golds".

All that stuff was ~9/10 compared to brick at 7/10, until the Thai and Buddah sticks showed up at 11/10 and knocked the SA down to 8/10… lol
prune is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:22 PM #8
Hank Hemp

Location: Just South of the Mason/Dixon, away, away down South in Dixieland.
Hank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond reputeHank Hemp has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
'72. Bright gold colored. It was sold under the name Acapulco Gold, but who knows? May well have been grown in Columbia.
That's my story.

I luv this flag more than the haters hate it!
God bless Johnny Boone wherever you are.

Not all who wander are lost

I don't care who you are that's deep

You may see me tonight with a illegal smile. J. Prine
Hank Hemp is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2015, 06:42 PM #9
fulltimehuman

fulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the roughfulltimehuman is a jewel in the rough
I always did, but wondering do you guys think that the columbians and gold sativa strains kind of remind you of thai strains? Just with a little less squint in the face astringency. my recollection......

Old 01-17-2015, 10:12 AM #10
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
It was in 79 and I managed to get a ounce of it after some bit of hassle, as I did not know the dealer and had to kind of be 'worked' into the deal. Had trouble coming up with the $45 too. I was always short of cash back then and just went with the cheaper mexican pot which worked well enough in most cases.

Smoked a bit with the dealer and 1 other time before my dad went thru my room and took my prized stash while I was out working or something. Supreme bummer.

Anyways, the buzz was up and cerebral. Taste was spice and incense, unique. I liked it but was a bit nervous just sitting and chilling, better for activities imo. Immature seeds in it and the buds were not terribly smashed flat like some imports. Quite fresh stuff, high quality.

I had smoked some red and green colombian before the gold and they were a bit more body stone or balanced. I preferred them as I liked to just chill out, still do.
yesum is offline Quote