Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Another Big Fire in NorCal - Mendo, Sonoma & Napa

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Zamnesia
Another Big Fire in NorCal - Mendo, Sonoma & Napa Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM #11
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
Right in the thick of it I feel terrible for those who have lost everything.

Here is a link to a constantly updated fire map:
National Fire Situational Awareness

You'll have to zoom into NorCal closely to see the details.

Payaso is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM #12
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
BTW the SMOKE is AWFUL and making everyone sick.... highest recorded dirty air, EVER in recorded history.

Payaso is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 06:26 PM #13
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
Best wishes...yeehaw..I don't watch news much...
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 PM #14
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
I am surprised by the passiveness of the response.

Lots of screaming and praying, nobody organizing neighborhoods to stay up all night with buckets of water to fight the tiny fires from flaming embers falling.

I was a witness to the 1991 Oakland Hills fire. I coincidentally chose that day to walk from the West Oakland BART station up to Berkeley, which is maybe a 3 hour walk.

When I started, the plume of smoke was this tiny thing in the distance.

By the time I got to Berkeley, the sky was black. Standing on Telegraph, you could see the fraternity and sorority houses burning 3 blocks up. The fire had gone to the suburban version of "canopy fire" status.

Canopy fire is when the fire moves to the tops of live trees. But the fire doesn't care if the wood has been re-packaged into a box shape. It goes from tree-top to tree-top like a monkey swinging from vines in a cartoon.

I am surprised that California did not apply the lessons learned from Berkeley, in Sonoma & Napa.

Now the wind has swung so it's basically blowing due South, with little East and West jogs. If it follows the current path, the fire will be East of Petaluma in a day or 2, and then East of Novato.

At this point, rain isn't forecast till Thursday the 19th.

There is nothing stopping the fire from continuing on to Marin and Mount Tamalpais.

Finding lodging will be very dicey at the Emerald Cup this year. If there is one.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 PM #15
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really niceBombBudPuffa is just really nice
This is tragic.

Cannabis seeds should be preserved and given away
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 12:27 AM #16
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
If you want to look at a map, "Novato Calif" are good search words.

Map with dots that show active fires.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/multime...dfires-burning

Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 AM #17
CosmicGiggle

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Unhappy

I can't imagine alla the dreams that have gone up in smoke, so very sad.

Will this situation put a large dent in the pot economy or the availability of weed in the near future?
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 02:30 AM #18
St. Phatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
Will this situation put a large dent in the pot economy or the availability of weed in the near future?
I would want some pot if I lived there ! Sounds like about 50,000 people could use a Double shot of Whiskey.

One dispensary I know of is in the "mandatory evac" zone.

There is another med dispensary that is further south in Santa Rosa, Organicann, business as usual (except for the smoke in the sky).

There is at least one dispensary in Sebastopol, still open.

The fire probably burned a dispensary in Napa. That town got hit hard.

There's boatloads of supply. Harvests in Humboldt were un-interrupted.

The fire happened right during the harvest in Mendocino. I'm reading there may be some tragic losses of a small number of grow-people there.

Most of Mendo is not burning/burnt, knock on wood.

Cell phone service is totally fvcked up in the area. Makes it hard to get info but a lot of the missing people are turning up living once they can get to a phone.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:10 AM #19
redlaser

redlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud of
Terrible situation for the people that died and lost their homes so far. Those fires started late Sunday-early Monday morning and moved fast with the winds. We are close to one of the Monday fires, on the edge of an evacuation zone.
It's not moving our way luckily, just smoky.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a record year for production, just because most scale up and I thought prop 64 was more lenient on higher plant counts, not 100% sure about that though
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 08:34 AM #20
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
They are saying on the news that this is the absolute worst fire season in Cali for 85 years!

I lived in Cali for 5 years many moons ago and remember alot of the beautiful places there like Mount Tamalpias, and Novato in Marin County. I hope that those caught up in it get out and get safe, although there are many reports of deaths and missing people already.

It must be awful to have your house burn down, and at this time of year where many are trying to get their harvests in.