Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 PM #3151
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Edit...again Denver is not going orgAnic. Salts in coco. Not my choice or method. But the numbers are educational

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:29 PM #3152
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
In practice I can get about 3-3.5 g/gal gypsum through the micro sprinklers. If I could do more I would

Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 PM #3153
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
In practice I can get about 3-3.5 g/gal gypsum through the micro sprinklers. If I could do more I would

It would really help the quality of your post if you would distinguish what you are discussing a bit more. Are all your recent comments referring to this Denver consulting biz you have on coco?

This thread really isn't about producing in Coco. It is about growing in soil.

As you are seeing in Coco, you are doing hydroponics. And as you can see, the big issue is how do you get enough Ca into hydroponics? The worlds foregone conclusion about hyroponics is that you can't.

Lots of folks were using dolomite to season their coco. Probably not a bad idea.

Is this drain to waste or recirculated?

A good Israeli friend of mine who is recently retired, used to produce hydroponic peppers and tomatoes. We have had this conversation many times on how to get Ca uptake in hydroponics, so this is not the first time this problem has been visited.

One method was to use gypsum rocks and a bit of fines along with calcium carbonate rock and a bit of fines and mix it into the mix of medium. The second would be to run good Ca chelates without synthetic N.

If I were in an established place like you are talking and I was draining to waste, I might think of top dressing with worm castings mixed with gypsum and maybe even a bit of calcium carbonate depending on pH of the water and what carbonate you have available.

I noted that you are trying to use Calcium nitrate. You are going to be pulling up way too much nitrate trying to get your Ca up high enough. There are a number of good chelates on the market that are based on amino acids. Some are pretty reasonable, obviously not the cost of nitrate either... but in this case, the cost is not really an issue if you can get the ppms of Ca up. Even with a lower analysis, a chelate may get better Calcium uptake than the nitrate form of Ca and not give you that super human growth either.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 PM #3154
jidoka

I apologize if I wasn't clear and I will limit myself to soil. I personally grow soil with maybe 1or 2 non organic inputs

I would say first check Yara Liva cano3. Very different beast that provides measurable ca uptake every bit as fast as gypsum

Soil wise I prefer heavy with highish Cec. I shoot for sufficient levels of k and mg only. Then as much Ca as pH allows. Water it, occasional amino n to keep it green. Simple as can be

Old 10-17-2017, 03:59 AM #3155
reppin2c

reppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the rough
The tension around here is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I propose a brawl and I will be taking bets. Current odds are jidoka 1.25:1 because slownickel has 10 years on him lol

On a side note referring back to what limeygreen said I'll be going organic and the price difference is $400 roughly on 4 acres.

Edit Side note #2 gypsum FTW

Old 10-17-2017, 08:16 AM #3156
orechron

orechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really nice
Who's Yara? Sounds hot, def Scandinavian.

Reppin did you measure your pumpkin yet? I got a 500 pounder with just drip irrigation and one feed of pacific gro.

Anyone ever find anhydrous gypsum?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 AM #3157
Florere

Florere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura aboutFlorere has a spectacular aura about
How about micronized gypsum?

Like: https://soiltech.nl/media/PRODUKTSHE...Life_1708A.pdf (only in Dutch sorry.)

https://www.soiltech.nl/media/Produc...ife_1506EA.pdf (English)

And is this useful ?
https://www.soiltech.nl/media/Produc...rce_1506EA.pdf

Or to much how do you say it? Woo?

Edit: crazy i can not open my own links anymore???

Old 10-17-2017, 12:08 PM #3158
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
Diamond K has a gypsum for drip applications, they also have tanks made for application of gypsum which I am pretty sure you could make yourself if you look at them.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:30 PM #3159
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by orechron View Post
Who's Yara? Sounds hot, def Scandinavian.

Reppin did you measure your pumpkin yet? I got a 500 pounder with just drip irrigation and one feed of pacific gro.

Anyone ever find anhydrous gypsum?
what is the perceived benefit of anhydrite over dihydrite?

Old 10-17-2017, 01:45 PM #3160
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
I top dressed about a half acre of cannabis this year weekly. Wasn't that big of a job. You can't put enough ferts through drip lines for the outdoor beasts us cali boys grow.

Thread Closed