Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > FIRST TIME YOU TRIED COLUMBIAN GOLD ?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Quest Hydro for Dehumidifiers
FIRST TIME YOU TRIED COLUMBIAN GOLD ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 PM #51
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post

I remember thinking how much better the heavily seeded pot was compared to pot without many seeds.
I used to get brick from a guy in Brighton UK. We nick named him "stick" for obvious reasons LOL

Anyway I would bitch about seeds and he would say

"At least you know your are smoking bud!"

And I was. Hence, it was better than bricks with no seeds.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:08 PM #52
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really nice
nothin' like dreamin' Phatty..............

best in quest...............

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 PM #53
Bud Green Sr.
I dig dirt

Bud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivor
First time I saw Columbian Gold around Norfolk/Virginia Beach on the east coast was around late 1973..

Damn, it was some good weed.
At the time, most weed was about $20 an ounce. Good Jamaican had been around a few years and was about $25.
The Columbian gold was selling for $30 an ounce...Outrageous! but it was worth it!

It was gone within 6 months or so and the Columbian "Redbud" replaced it.. Damn good weed, but not as good as the gold..

Around late 1974, Goldbud was back again, but it wasn't the same.
I think the cartels had learned that the goldbud would sell, so they figure out how to "sunbleach" it so it would look the same, but it was NOT the same grass!

I sure wish I had saved seeds form the original Goldbud and Redbud....

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green Sr. is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:47 PM #54
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
First time I saw Columbian Gold around Norfolk/Virginia Beach on the east coast was around late 1973..

Damn, it was some good weed.
At the time, most weed was about $20 an ounce. Good Jamaican had been around a few years and was about $25.
The Columbian gold was selling for $30 an ounce...Outrageous! but it was worth it!

It was gone within 6 months or so and the Columbian "Redbud" replaced it.. Damn good weed, but not as good as the gold..

Around late 1974, Goldbud was back again, but it wasn't the same.
I think the cartels had learned that the goldbud would sell, so they figure out how to "sunbleach" it so it would look the same, but it was NOT the same grass!

I sure wish I had saved seeds form the original Goldbud and Redbud....
i remember the bleached shit
but didn't know that was what they did, makes sense now that you explained it
old mystery falls to science so to speak

Old 10-11-2017, 03:13 AM #55
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
First time I smoked really good Colombian Gold was around a month ago. From my USC Colombian Gold '72 plants grown indoors.

The first imported CG in '79 was a disappointment to tell the truth. Picked early and not pure in my opinion, but still an up high and ok. I can only imagine how good the current stuff would be if I could grow it outside at high altitude. It is still great though.

Snowhigh has a CG '72 seed line of his own. I have those seeds in the fridge. He says the Colombians changed the CG for regular pot and sun bleached it to sell as Colombian Gold, somewhere around mid to late seventies. They also left the males in the field to seed the crop so as to make it weigh more.

So a lot of older peeps have never even had the real thing is what he is saying. Based on what I have experienced he is right.
yesum is online now Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 07:39 AM #56
EastFortRock

EastFortRock will become famous soon enoughEastFortRock will become famous soon enoughEastFortRock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
First time I smoked really good Colombian Gold was around a month ago. From my USC Colombian Gold '72 plants grown indoors.

The first imported CG in '79 was a disappointment to tell the truth. Picked early and not pure in my opinion, but still an up high and ok. I can only imagine how good the current stuff would be if I could grow it outside at high altitude. It is still great though.

Snowhigh has a CG '72 seed line of his own. I have those seeds in the fridge. He says the Colombians changed the CG for regular pot and sun bleached it to sell as Colombian Gold, somewhere around mid to late seventies. They also left the males in the field to seed the crop so as to make it weigh more.

So a lot of older peeps have never even had the real thing is what he is saying. Based on what I have experienced he is right.
What I thought was Colombian Gold in the late 70's must have been the sun bleached stuff , because I never thought it was super strong, just decent. I remember the smell being incense and tasted great.
EastFortRock is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 07:59 AM #57
EastFortRock

EastFortRock will become famous soon enoughEastFortRock will become famous soon enoughEastFortRock will become famous soon enough
EastForkRock - How would you compare the thaistick and Colombian red to today's best weed?

I don't know much about today's best weed . My Trainwreck that I just grew kind of reminds me of Thai , similar buzz as far as I remember , but the Thai was more fruity and less menthol than Trainwreck. The Colombian Red was my buddy's bag (back in 1979 I think) and I remember it being more mental and scary than anything I have had anytime in later years.

Last edited by EastFortRock; 10-11-2017 at 08:18 AM..
EastFortRock is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 PM #58
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
It would be nice to have them side by side, e.g. 70's Colombian freshly grown, and new Sativa genetics, e.g. Apollo 11 or Cinderella.

Sounds like the Colombian has great taste - as does the Apollo/Cind.

Freedom Haze is a Haze cross from Freedom of Seeds. Maybe as close as I've gotten recently to something Colombian-Sativa-ish.

Colombian Gold must be "top 10", or we wouldn't be talking about it.

One of the South American sativa's I've really enjoyed is what happens when you grow out 100 seeds from decent Mexican press-brick mersh. I did that in the late 90's, and one Skunk Sativa that resulted was super - resiny, vigorous, Skunk smell.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 AM #59
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really niceMtn. Nectar is just really nice
speaking of Col.Red..........frieds cut of the Colombian Rojo Haze is a winner.........not pure C.Red, but mighty fine gear..........

ganj on........