Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Legalization is a Bad Joke

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Mars Hydro for Growroom Lights and Tents
View Poll Results: Do you think Cannabis will be legal without any restrictions in your lifetime.
Yes 18 10.84%
No 88 53.01%
Maybe 24 14.46%
Laws are fanciful and don't control what I do. 36 21.69%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Legalization is a Bad Joke Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 12:14 AM #181
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
jhhnn is good peeps, that's the truth, believe me!
and just because these rules don't infringe on his style of growing doesn't make J the "enemy"
over-reaching regulation and the legislators who would pass it are the enemy
we are all on the same side in this thing, the sooner we all realize that and come together against those who would usurp the (however new) freedoms we have granted ourselves VIA the state constitution which will stand i believe whereas these legislative frameworks CAN be picked at and eventually brought down or changed so that they DON'T interfere with peoples personal grows (med OR rec)
Thank you, Miles. You've always been good to me & I appreciate it. Stop by when you get over my way.

For a lot of MMJ growers I'm sure that legalization turned out to be a deal with the Devil. They'd played the game well & created a niche for themselves where they could profit & thrive. Now the rules are changing & the politicos are being dicks about it in too many places, trying to be ridiculous control freaks. As you say, a lot of their bullshit won't withstand constitutional scrutiny. It's all in flux, causing a great deal of paranoia, some reasonable & some not.

OTOH, people who do what I do put a whole different wrinkle in it. Legalization & anonymous personal growing greatly inhibits the authorities & changes the way they have to deal with people. If for some reason they decide they need to deal with me, like if my odor control fails & a neighbor complains (unlikely) they have to approach me in a whole different way than if growing were illegal per se or even if I were a licensed caregiver. They have no idea how many plants I have so they have to consider the idea that I'm perfectly legal. They have no grounds to do anything more than knock on the door to talk about it. If they smell smoke, well, that's legal too. All of that extends to people doing a lot more than I am the same way. The cops have a whole new set of considerations to deal with.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:49 PM #182
Leaf Eater

Leaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura about
Leaf Eater is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 10:51 PM #183
shaggyballs

shaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to behold
@Avinash.miles
I do believe Jhhnn is a good guy, he has always been fairly respectfull of me and of my views, even though his are much different. Many others were not. He could have be more open minded and it would not hurt if he could find it within himself to admit when he is wrong.

@Jhhnn don't for get about their right to a compliance check, that means they will ask to see your grow and if you say no they will be back with a warrant.
I know your legit so you will just let them in and let them look, some folks don't like strangers pokin' around their house even if they are totaly legal.
Legal or not, if the DEA is at your door your going to jail there bud.
You have heard this all before so I will chill a bit.

My major point is CO. seems to have over regulated cannabis and that is not at all what I feel legalization should look like.
Legalization could have been so much better for the individual, it has become about the $$$$$$$$$, I think I said that the $$$$$$$ would get in the way of personal freedom and I think this has come true.

I am wondering if Jhhnn would still be happy with legalization if the consitution is intact but regulation says 1 flowering plant per household and it can only be so tall and the canopy size is restricted?
The part that bugs me the most then and now is:
I think we are trading our personal rights away in the name of big biz profits and tax money.
Good day to you folks
shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:23 AM #184
oldchuck

oldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to behold
Jhhnn's main problem, I think, is that he thinks Colorado is perfect or the closest you can get to perfect. I disagree but I respect his views.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 04:41 AM #185
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
I'm not subject to compliance checks, Shag, nor is anybody else who grows under A64. No paperwork, no bullshit, just do it. Keep the numbers right just in case. They don't even know that I'm here. There needs to be some sort of complaint for the cops to even bother with me. The DEA won't be coming around, either, so long as the Cole memo is in effect. They won't touch anybody who is truly state legal.

The rest of it is just speculation on your part. It's really very relaxed around here. Shops still sell cheaper to people who get cards. People who want to make a little money growing under caregiver license are still doing their thing, even though they're getting hassled in other municipalities. The game they have to play has always been more involved. I recognize that some lawmakers want them out of business entirely.

What happened with A64 is that the big MMJ growers leveraged their expertise & experience to attract venture capital & overcome the legalities & very high licensing fees. Retail was big business right from the start & likely to stay that way because it's easier to regulate that way & the incentives to play by the rules much stronger when large investments are at stake.

The Peeps don't care either, not with the convenience & safety of a retail environment. They love it just the way it is although everybody wants lower prices. From their perspective, what's not to like?

When you step out to places other than CO & some other states there's a whole helluva lot not to like. People are getting busted every day & even doing time for what I can do with impunity. That's where our anger needs to be directed.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 06:08 AM #186
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
I'm not subject to compliance checks, Shag, nor is anybody else who grows under A64. No paperwork, no bullshit, just do it. Keep the numbers right just in case. They don't even know that I'm here. There needs to be some sort of complaint for the cops to even bother with me. The DEA won't be coming around, either, so long as the Cole memo is in effect. They won't touch anybody who is truly state legal.

The rest of it is just speculation on your part. It's really very relaxed around here. Shops still sell cheaper to people who get cards. People who want to make a little money growing under caregiver license are still doing their thing, even though they're getting hassled in other municipalities. The game they have to play has always been more involved. I recognize that some lawmakers want them out of business entirely.

What happened with A64 is that the big MMJ growers leveraged their expertise & experience to attract venture capital & overcome the legalities & very high licensing fees. Retail was big business right from the start & likely to stay that way because it's easier to regulate that way & the incentives to play by the rules much stronger when large investments are at stake.

The Peeps don't care either, not with the convenience & safety of a retail environment. They love it just the way it is although everybody wants lower prices. From their perspective, what's not to like?

When you step out to places other than CO & some other states there's a whole helluva lot not to like. People are getting busted every day & even doing time for what I can do with impunity. That's where our anger needs to be directed.
compliance checks are not unusual
peeps keep it on the DL to avoid such things, but they happen

as for the "peeps" who "don't care" and ther eis nothing to like... they are the shortsighted who probably have never had really good product nd don't mind contaminated hash
can;t speak for everyone, but peeps who have no complaints about typical dispensary product aside from high prices are not the discerning type with any kind of taste or class....

also, peeps are being busted in colorado daily for doing exactly what was legal only 18-24 months ago, and that trend is about to explode next year...

again, if you read a20; production, sales, distribution is all protected even patient to patient, nothing in there about needing a license.
Avinash.miles is online now Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 06:54 AM #187
Jhhnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchuck View Post
Jhhnn's main problem, I think, is that he thinks Colorado is perfect or the closest you can get to perfect. I disagree but I respect his views.
I don't think it's perfect. I think it's workable in a lot of different ways, that it's a good thing overall. On the small end of it, people like me can create an endless supply for themselves, even heavy tokers. If I set my mind to it I could readily produce 5 lbs/yr from ~20 sq.ft. remaining completely legal the whole time. Absolutely no paperwork required. Total anonymity. That would be 1-1/2 oz per week for the wife & I to share plus bubble hash from the trimmings. I could produce a helluva lot more if I really wanted to get into it like this guy-

New 6 plant Gettotree setup. - Indoor Grows - Hydro - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

There's still the whole caregiver angle for people who want to make a little bit of money & then it jumps up to the big boys. The people losing out are growers who can't come up with the capital to move upscale

Consumers can do the med card thing for lower shop prices or do even better with a caregiver. Or they can just pay retail, even put it on the mastercard in a lot of shops. they're obviously doing fine, too.

There's a lot in it for a lot of people, including tribute to the state in the form of sin taxes. That alone induced a lot of straights to help pass A64. It never would have happened without them.

I want everybody in Amerca to have it as good as we do or better.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:41 PM #188
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't think it's perfect. I think it's workable in a lot of different ways, that it's a good thing overall. On the small end of it, people like me can create an endless supply for themselves, even heavy tokers. If I set my mind to it I could readily produce 5 lbs/yr from ~20 sq.ft. remaining completely legal the whole time. Absolutely no paperwork required. Total anonymity. That would be 1-1/2 oz per week for the wife & I to share plus bubble hash from the trimmings. I could produce a helluva lot more if I really wanted to get into it like this guy-

New 6 plant Gettotree setup. - Indoor Grows - Hydro - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

There's still the whole caregiver angle for people who want to make a little bit of money & then it jumps up to the big boys. The people losing out are growers who can't come up with the capital to move upscale

Consumers can do the med card thing for lower shop prices or do even better with a caregiver. Or they can just pay retail, even put it on the mastercard in a lot of shops. they're obviously doing fine, too.

There's a lot in it for a lot of people, including tribute to the state in the form of sin taxes. That alone induced a lot of straights to help pass A64. It never would have happened without them.

I want everybody in Amerca to have it as good as we do or better.
See this is where it gets shady
yes the caregiver model does still technically exist
but
the state is neglecting it
peeps arent getting their paperwork back from the state approvingc caregivers for 6-9 MONTHS
how the hell are you supposed to give ANYcare when you are setback like taht from the state?

state is purposefully neglecting people attempting compliance in order to make them easier to bust...

also, anyone tried to sign into the state med website lately?
Avinash.miles is online now Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 08:29 PM #189
Jhhnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
compliance checks are not unusual
peeps keep it on the DL to avoid such things, but they happen

as for the "peeps" who "don't care" and ther eis nothing to like... they are the shortsighted who probably have never had really good product nd don't mind contaminated hash
can;t speak for everyone, but peeps who have no complaints about typical dispensary product aside from high prices are not the discerning type with any kind of taste or class....

also, peeps are being busted in colorado daily for doing exactly what was legal only 18-24 months ago, and that trend is about to explode next year...

again, if you read a20; production, sales, distribution is all protected even patient to patient, nothing in there about needing a license.
Please be more specific about peeps getting busted for stuff that was legal 18-24 months ago. I honestly don't know the particulars.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 09:39 PM #190
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
Quote:
Or they can just pay retail, even put it on the mastercard in a lot of shops. they're obviously doing fine, too.
Obviously not from CO (or a legal state for that matter) but dispos are taking credit cards now?
Betterhaff is offline Quote